Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Unfolded

Crying Post

Recommended Posts

Can we get more info on why TEST is being wiped? It was announced that this campaign would be kept open for the full duration, which is 30 days. Under the assumption that ACE was going to keep their word, I just crafted pretty much all day for myself and others. I usually wouldn't mind if we got more info like, "There is a duping bug" or something like that.. but literally no information. Please advise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just give us some banked training that can be universally applied to the skill trees at start so we can allocate training and jump in to play right away, as well as keeping vendors in all test servers to allow us to quickly spin up common tier crafting.

 

Two cents for free ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lightsig said:

They should just give us some banked training that can be universally applied to the skill trees at start so we can allocate training and jump in to play right away, as well as keeping vendors in all test servers to allow us to quickly spin up common tier crafting.

 

Two cents for free ;)

I'm sure they will keep vendors, but the problem is that they want a LOT of people to play TEST. If they keep wiping.. guess what will happen.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, this is disappointing. I bet we see a significant drop off, of people that spent the last few days crafting / getting organized. Not fun to have to do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

I'm sure they will keep vendors, but the problem is that they want a LOT of people to play TEST. If they keep wiping.. guess what will happen.....

Yeah, skill wipes especially are hurting my investment in test, though I understand that might not align with the systems they are trying to review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure they stated they were going to wipe a few times in the last Article and then they planned to do a few short campaigns followed by the "Real" First Campaign. Also this might not be the ideal game for you if you don't like "wiping" as that is one of the big selling points of the game. Having fresh campaigns starts so the game doesn't get stale is the main reason I backed Crowfall. 

As far as testing goes I'm certainly on the opposite side of the spectrum. I think testing a fresh start without free gear is more of an ideal testing environment as that is a major loop of the game that has yet to be tested due to all the free gear and people spending there first few hours of test crafting max end gear. Hopefully we will have news one way or the other in a few hours, but for me if it's just another test with free gear I personally will be passing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sorrows said:

Pretty sure they stated they were going to wipe a few times in the last Article and then they planned to do a few short campaigns followed by the "Real" First Campaign. Also this might not be the ideal game for you if you don't like "wiping" as that is one of the big selling points of the game. Having fresh campaigns starts so the game doesn't get stale is the main reason I backed Crowfall. 

As far as testing goes I'm certainly on the opposite side of the spectrum. I think testing a fresh start without free gear is more of an ideal testing environment as that is a major loop of the game that has yet to be tested due to all the free gear and people spending there first few hours of test crafting max end gear. Hopefully we will have news one way or the other in a few hours, but for me if it's just another test with free gear I personally will be passing. 

"Wiping" will not be the same in live. A campaign ending will not be the same as full wipes as seen in pre-alpha/alpha/beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sorrows said:

Pretty sure they stated they were going to wipe a few times in the last Article and then they planned to do a few short campaigns followed by the "Real" First Campaign. Also this might not be the ideal game for you if you don't like "wiping" as that is one of the big selling points of the game. Having fresh campaigns starts so the game doesn't get stale is the main reason I backed Crowfall. 

As far as testing goes I'm certainly on the opposite side of the spectrum. I think testing a fresh start without free gear is more of an ideal testing environment as that is a major loop of the game that has yet to be tested due to all the free gear and people spending there first few hours of test crafting max end gear. Hopefully we will have news one way or the other in a few hours, but for me if it's just another test with free gear I personally will be passing. 

Which article are you referring to? I'm talking about the LIVE STREAM THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sorrows said:

Pretty sure they stated they were going to wipe a few times in the last Article and then they planned to do a few short campaigns followed by the "Real" First Campaign. Also this might not be the ideal game for you if you don't like "wiping" as that is one of the big selling points of the game. Having fresh campaigns starts so the game doesn't get stale is the main reason I backed Crowfall. 

As far as testing goes I'm certainly on the opposite side of the spectrum. I think testing a fresh start without free gear is more of an ideal testing environment as that is a major loop of the game that has yet to be tested due to all the free gear and people spending there first few hours of test crafting max end gear. Hopefully we will have news one way or the other in a few hours, but for me if it's just another test with free gear I personally will be passing. 

Also, Blair said yesterday that he wants TEST to test end game, not the "major loop of the game". You clearly are uninformed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

Also, Blair said yesterday that he wants TEST to test end game, not the "major loop of the game". You clearly are uninformed.

March to first campaign that was 3 days ago. No I've yet to watch the livestream as I have other things to do than live, sleep and breath video games.

5 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

Which article are you referring to? I'm talking about the LIVE STREAM THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.

I'm sorry this very personal for you and I didn't mean to ruffle your little feathers. However, I suggest unplugging as 2 aggressive post in the span of 3 minutes is a bit much even for the average 14 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sorrows said:

 

March to first campaign that was 3 days ago. No I've yet to watch the livestream as I have other things to do than live, sleep and breath video games.

I'm sorry this very personal for you and I didn't mean to ruffle your little feathers. However, I suggest unplugging as 2 aggressive post in the span of 3 minutes is a bit much even for the average 14 year old.

Cannot match my correct post + flame with the same, so he just flames. GG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will wipe if they gotta wipe. I doubt they are doing it just for lolz.

2 hours ago, Unfolded said:

It was announced that this campaign would be kept open for the full duration, which is 30 days. Under the assumption that ACE was going to keep their word, I just crafted pretty much all day for myself and others.

Pretty sure the campaign is gonna be kept open still. I blame this one on you making assumptions. Wipes are gonna be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its alpha test wipes are gonna be a thing, i wouldn't get to attached to a character or anything till at least beta when the game is in a more fine night state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...