Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vkromas

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/14/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Feedback - Forts / Keeps

I hope when patch goes to live server that enemy starting guards have been implemented. Make taking the first fort and/keep meaningful and an accomplishment instead of whoever runs there first. I know this was talked about at some point but not sure if been any movement to this effect. May require a "fourth" faction to be coded in. Maybe Rebels / Factionless/

Conversely if this doesn't occur, I recommend setting each faction to start with one keep at start of campaign.

Edited by Ussiah

I am finding that the Beneficial harvest sound effects and visual effects keep popping during normal harvesting at an excessive rate and no benefit granted.

Also, found a bug regarding character creation, it appears to have tried to load both the male and female Fae at the same time.  I'd post a picture of it but I don't understand why I am limited to existing attachments or a URL.

Scoreboard kill tracking isn't accurate. Got 3 kills and it still shows zero. The captures seem to be working though.

Bank space needs to be increased substantially. 

Edited by ZYBAK

7 hours ago, yianni said:

harvesting procs beneficial harvest fx

Yes the Beneficial Harvest FX + sound are proccing constantly while harvesting - even on a noob char with zero training. Annoying sound actually when you hear it so often <_<

Ranger Flare Arrow still only fires at your feet.

Possible to get temporarily animation stuck in tree while harvesting with 1 pip of Energetic Harvester buff on Elkan. Have yet to test it on all races, but once you cast Energetic Harvester and immediately go to chop a tree it's possible to swing through the tree with no damage and have your Vessel slide half-way into the tree, but you slide back out on following swing.

No melee sound effects when wielding one-hand ax on Ranger before Ambidextrous talent.

4 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

BUG or FEATURE?

The champion self heal is only 8% of  hp now, is this intended or is it a bug? If its intended why isn't it in any of the patch notes?

hope its a bug, i was set to be a champion  and ninja nerfing is not a cool thing. and nothing was said about champions being nerfed or skill change though the entire process other than dividing into 3 types of champs and giving them all exact same skills.

I'm not sure why you can't mount while invulnerable . When I rez after being dead and having that shroud I want to mount and get out not wait . Or when I zone 

put a pathfinding feature in for mounts instead . Do not let us mount after being in combat for 10 seconds like pathfinding 

Moving to survival from combat as a fae assassin will sometimes cause the pip meter to get stuck as the assassin pip meter and not show the harvesting pips and where they are at.

Feedback from a returning Crow.

I've been out of the testing loop for a while. I've been following news but haven't actually logged in since 5.7 and even then I only played a week.

Passive training

I despised the old passive training system. I didn't like needing many multiple accounts to train all the classes. The new system is much much better.

Skill trees

I'm really digging the new talent tree system on each vessel. I hope to see this expand. I've only leveled a dps druid and heal druid so far and there really are not any choices. Maybe this is an issue just for this hybrid class when you pick one of the two non hybrid advanced classes. But you take everything useful to Dps or defence in stormcaller and still have points left over to spend on healing talents you will never use. The opposite is true for the healing dedicated druid spec.

Give us lots of places to spend our points, like there is now, but give us lots of choices that require a character building sacrifice. Right now the choices are just passive stats. Taking 2% crit or 1% armor are not character building choices. give options like,

You can dual weild but can no longer equip 2h weapons or use 2h weapon abilities.

You can equip plate but lose stealth.

Your group-only heals can now heal any friendly target but heal for 50% less. (This would be a cool passive)

More options that block out other options. Right now there is no opportunity cost to any talent in the talent trees. The advanced class choice is almost like one but when it is the only choice it doesn't cut it. Choices need to be exponential to matter.

I think this was hinted at in the last live stream with disc but I'd like to see it within class class to.

Vessel leveling

I don't know where I stand on this. Leveling the basic vessel takes about 2 hours and serves no purpose other than you have to spend 2 hours doing it. I feel it either needs to be an engaging 12-24 hours played experience or just not in the game at all. I don't know yet. I haven't leveled an advanced vessel yet without free resources to sacrifice and maybe vessel leveling will be an actual activity.

Side note on vessel leveling. It's awful on a druid. Bring back both life and death trays. This game isn't for anyone who can't figure out the druid has two trays. Besides, even if they didn't figure it out they would never leave death tray and would have the same new player experience as they would now.

New vessel system

I like this a whole lot. Only thing so far I can think of is once the talent trees are fleshed out different vessels should have different amount of training points at max level based on the race. Yeah, just like SB had but so what. It was good and it worked.

Crafting

I've never had any interest in crafting. It's not my thing. I remember rage quitting testing in bigworld with the take bug and crafting failures. I wouldn't touch crafting with a 10ft legionniers polearm. That being said, after crafting an advanced set of armor and weapons the other night. I actually was enjoying it. I'd like for some qol features like a craft all or craft x type of thing but if I had fun doing it you have to be on the right path here.

Harvesting

Haven't had to yet this build but I did in 5.7. I guess it might be kind of fun to balance the whole, how many dedicated havestors vs combat ready toons to bring when there is enough of a population that makes that matter. I like that all combat toons will have a harvesting line trained, I just hope it's not useless if you don't have the harvesting disc equipped.

Eternal kingdoms

I don't know. I've never been in my own. Ask @Jah.

Performance

It's better than it has ever been but it's still not playable. Lagging out as you approach a fort, dropping to 10fps in any combat over 2 groups and just almost locking up completely in any combat 4 groups or more.

Combat

You spend too much time not in control of your character. By a factor of about 3. Not everyone needs every form of CC. I'd say most classes don't need more than one or even any at all. I wouldn't try and fix this by adjusting resolve. Give fewer classes hard CC and put them on longer cool downs. Give some classes no hard CC and some none at all. Successfully CCing an enemy should be a coordinated and communicated opportunity that is capable of being squandered.

Overall

I haven't been this excited about CF since discs dropped and the race/class a split. This post might read like a complain fest but it's not. I've disagreed with a lot in the past 3 years but I've been pleasently suprised just as often if not more.

High Elf Confessor fireball animation isn't throwing a fireball. I made sure to repair the program just to be sure I had all of the correct files installed. It worked on Live, but I'm noticing it doesn't work on Test.