Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vkromas

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/14/18

furious reaping fx are all messed up

please remove that horrible green glow from group members, and add a background to the HP/STA/ESS because transparent doesnt seem 

motherload harvesting needs work, takes too long to register that theres more than one person hitting it, also i cant tell if im hitting it half the time

and hitting non advanced resources srtill feels like were hitting air and takes 4 hits

Edited by yianni

December 14, 2018

• Still have a chance of missing when harvesting, most noticeable on Slag
  • Energetic Harvesting still displays all VFX for all effects with each pip
  • Elken have the Minotaur icon in the Character Select screen
    • Please make the Character Select screen "Home" instead of the Campaign/Kingdom screen
  • You no longer spawn in dead in EKs! Huzzah!
  • Parcels still can't be renamed in the EK editor
  • Sockets on Keep 2x1 Gatehouses, Gatehouse Wings, and 1x1 Sloped/Half-Sloped Walls are broken. Especially when they have (stone) battlements
  • Beneficial Harvesting procs constantly, even though we should have little/no chance to proc Beneficial Harvesting
  • When you leave a group you started, the group channel does not go away, and when you join a new group, you join a new group channel, but you can only chat in the old group channel (which your new group doesn't have access to). /leave group also produces an error saying "you can't leave the default channel". Very annoying bug.
  • The chat commands UI comes up behind you and your group member's names. makes it hard to read the right side of the list
    • The chat commands UI also doesn't list the command for creating a custom channel. Only has commands for inviting others, kicking them, or leaving it.
  • Your character tilts a little if you swing your camera left or right when running. I kinda like it.
  • The LoD for the Woodworking Station is funky
  • The Minotaur head on the Necromancy Station has psychedelic textures
  • Do all mobs give 50xp? I got 50 from rank 1s when I was level 1, and 50 from rank 6s when I was level 9. I am of the mindset that higher rank mobs should give higher exp, especially if they're of a higher rank than 1/3 of your level.
  • The flavor text on raw milk should be updated so it's clear that drinking it once will make you queasy.
  • Ranged Distance Bonus being capped at 20 sucks. Make it 25 or 35, at least please.

Endles loop

After every recall I get endless loop :"Awaiting for avatar".Have to restart clint every time I use recall.

Last time I waited it took more then 30 min,then I closed the client and reloged,I was in starter area.

Feedback:  Taking the vendors away on Test was ill-advised.  Can't test endgame stuff at all, can't test builds without investing hours into mindless leveling.

I posted that the knight swordsman class did too much dmg and a few hours later you nerfed the hell out of it.  I posted that you overnerfed it (and that only one power now activates the swordsmanship passive) and you completely ignored that feedback.  It's no wonder no one posts honest opinions about their classes - they're scared of the massive nerf bats you use.  You have no sense of moderation at all.  

Why do clerics do fire dmg with their attacks now (as opposed to crushing, given they use hammers, or ice or lightning if you're looking to spread out dmg types)?  There are half a dozen dmg types but confessors, clerics, and templars are all fire-based.  WTF?  You're cramming the firewalker discipline down our throats (because all three are very strong, and all three are very common, so a direct counter for them is wise).

You've started making balance changes in 5.8, and it's important that you do so with you promoting a competitive CW soon<tm>.  But it feels like you're balancing from spreadsheets instead of gameplay (and doing a crap job of it, because your weights are all wrong).  Whichever dev is in charge of balance needs to start actually playing the game with us.  It should be embarrassing how little you guys know about how your own game is actually played.

Edited by Durenthal

Seems like the buff from 'Finer Things', from the Connoisseur Major discipline, doesn't give the amount stated in the tooltip.
Tooltip says +5% chance to get heartwood, gems etc. but I just farmed 200+ pieces of wood before I got my first heartwood, from rank 1 birch.
5% chance would statistically be every 20th, it seems like it's more +0,5% chance for heartwood from that power.

Not sure if this is the infamous fall damage bug being back and me just tripping over a rock or if something else. I think it has something to do with using Vengeance and the blood price passive from blade master. i had this happen 3 separate times while streaming. This is the only one i clipped but can find the others if needed. You can see right when Vengeance ends that i get 1 shot. Also was using Burning hatred as a passive too. I tried to recreate the bug without Blood price and it wouldn't happen. Could be fall damage coincidence or maybe something is going on with a combo of the above stuff. Anyway here's the clip. Sorry for the format of the post.
https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyCallousPuffinPrimeMe

Recommend adding toggle option in options to place people in survival tray automaticly when they loot a grave. makes thing smoother transition (Shouldnt be looting in combat anyway tbh 
Also would be nice to add a mace on the weapon vender since alot of people use crushing for advance classes and atm it can be rather hard to obtain since not many crafters/venders :P

Edited by veeshan

Got caught in a weird rubberband that I fixed on the fly:

I mounted and as the cast hit 90-100% i pressed the left and right mouse buttons to walk forward.  My character rolled and I received the mount buff of the swift pack pig.  Then i moved forward and would rubber band,  I then spent about 45 seconds demounting and running in circles and walked on foot until it went away.  Fixed it fast.  Something seems out of sync there.

December 15, 2018

• You can only harvest efficiently during the day. At night, the hunger-corrupted mobs drop a pittance compared to the day. Consider changing the loot-tables, so that only the hunger loottable is used during the fall/winter, and not every night. (A quick and dirty fix is to elongate the day/night cycle so we have more than 30min to skin mobs)
  • If you're fighting a mob and it switches to night, they mob will despawn and respawn hunger-ified and with full health. I thought it was a goal that these interactions don't happen?
  • Watched the sun set in Thracia. Was a pleasant experience. Would be even better if the sky turned red/orange as the sun set. (And maybe rise too)
  • The outer peninsulas are actually pretty good for farming low rank materials if you don't have any training. I just wish they were in more volume
  • Ground Target AoEs are still broken
  • Please consider giving Duelists a Basic Attack Damage modifier in their talent trees. They have two armor-pen ones, so get rid of one of them.
  • Since class skill trees have been removed, there's no way to increase stealth movement speed, unless you're a Fae. Consider making a minor for it, or baking it into talents that grant +stealth
  • Intermediate Runetools start at +10, while Advanced Runetools start at +5. I think this is backwards.
  • The mount power still doesn't dismount. Maybe treat it like a regular toggle, or like glide/walk. Those seem to work.
  • Very difficult to double jump as a Fae. The first jump almost always triggers glide
  • We really need more avenues to level up besides sacrifice junk and kill mobs.
  • If run try to walk up/charge on a Banetree, it'll spin you around it's trunk
  • Hit pause effects when harvesting stone are unnecessary. 
    • Hit pause effects definitely last at least a quarter second too long
  • The passive on the Miner Harvesting discipline causes the Energetic harvesting vfx to play a second time (probably happens on the others too)
    • Can the other .5 harvesting pip be added to the skill trees so you don't HAVE to take a harvesting disc or The Reaper minor when out harvesting, especially at late game?
  • Pick Sigils have the Axe Sigil icon
  • Need more bank space! Local banks are too small!
  • I don't know why, but every time I see an herb, I get the urge to collect it.

Assassin : 

Can you please retjek the LMB vs Backstab numbers.

My LMB 3rd hit is doing more damage than a full charged Backstab that just shouldn't be possible.
While I dont have target dummies it's really hard to test this but it seems like LMB is scaling hard with weapon damage, where as Backstab isn't.

Especially considering the bonuses that Backstab gets through the talent tree.

The new Death Timer.

U die to guards, Rez and they just hammer you down again.  The new Rez timer and penalties .... I get why u made, them but it would be nice if you revisited it asap.

You don't heal to full once it's gone, you have to heal up.  That in itself is an issue making the time spend away from the game even longer than the 3 min for most classes.

Master of Daggers 

Steal Soul : 5% from ALL damage.

Doesn't work.  Appears to only be working with the last LMB, like it use to back in 5.6 where u got 10% of all last LMB.  Back then it was broken and leeched off all attacks, so it was changed to 5% off all damage.  Now it seems extremely gimped.

Ranger : 

Warden : AoE Daggerspin building to 10 stacks without even using a Daggerspin.  When at 10 stacks it stays at 10 stacks.  The dynamic of how this ability works is rather confusing.  It appears to have a ramp up time, while it grows from 1 to 10 stacks... but if that is the case why does it stay at 10 persistantly afterwards.  

Demon's Pacts doesnt affect humans this may be intended to stop them getting 5 passives however in details tab there isnt a cap on Passive bonus slots like passive bar bonus slots have of 2, It also provides 1.15 bonus to passive slot which is also weird if it was only intended to ever be a maximum of 4 slots

5 hours ago, Kaoz said:

Not sure if this is the infamous fall damage bug being back and me just tripping over a rock or if something else. I think it has something to do with using Vengeance and the blood price passive from blade master. i had this happen 3 separate times while streaming. This is the only one i clipped but can find the others if needed. You can see right when Vengeance ends that i get 1 shot. Also was using Burning hatred as a passive too. I tried to recreate the bug without Blood price and it wouldn't happen. Could be fall damage coincidence or maybe something is going on with a combo of the above stuff. Anyway here's the clip. Sorry for the format of the post.
https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyCallousPuffinPrimeMe

Next time, check your combat log if you didn't last time 😁