• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vkromas

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/14/18

For Confessor:

Talents:

The first point of "Persecution" gives only 10% basic attack damage rather than 15% like it should. The other 2 points give 15% like expected.

Powers:

- Hellfire Aura(and maybe just hellfire in general?) still repeats their animation over and over. The tornadoes actually are not what do it but the earlier parts of the chain.

- Hellfire Aura also deals no damage. No idea if that is related to the bug above.

- Redemption from the Master of Arcane Rune currently does not hit anything. It will channel and act like it is firing but does not hit anything from any range.

Templar:

- Devotion is still playing its animation repeatedly. This one has been mentioned many times but I figured I'd throw it in again.

21 hours ago, Yoink said:

Vessel leveling

I don't know where I stand on this. Leveling the basic vessel takes about 2 hours and serves no purpose other than you have to spend 2 hours doing it. I feel it either needs to be an engaging 12-24 hours played experience or just not in the game at all. I don't know yet. I haven't leveled an advanced vessel yet without free resources to sacrifice and maybe vessel leveling will be an actual activity.

Like Yoink, I'm also coming back to 5.8 after a very long absence, much longer than his. I really like the new talent system, and a more active progression system with vessels, I just think it has to be more fun and engaging. You can go from 1 to 30 inside the beachhead in a couple hours playing solo by just cheesing the system. It's fast and efficient, but it's mind numbing boring. So it defeats the purpose. Actual actions inside the game world like pvp, harvesting, capping POIs etc. should be way more efficient than just crafting junk and sacrificing it. The whole point I think should be that all gameplay paths and styles (pvp, exploration, crafting, gathering) should be equally viable to leveling your vessel in the same amount of time, not just gathering an crafting. 

Will make a second post for other feedback. 

A couple more points:

1) Performance: this has been my main concern for CF since the beginning. The current build appears to have a memory leak of some sort, or some other kind of performance issue? I talked to some people about it in General chat, and more people were experiencing it, but I don't see any posts on the matter here. The previous build with the free vendors before the wipe didn't seem to have any issues for me, performance there was the best I have ever seen in CF, really got me excited. My fps there was solid between 40 and 80, now after playing for a while and in certain places like keeps and adventures zones it dips to 20 all the time, really unplayable. 

2) Death shroud: Love it, the game needed something like this for a while already, to make battles more decisive. 

3) Combat and gear grind: I still think the game leans WAY too heavily on gear and builds and too little on player skill and mechanics. Armor mitigation vs armor pen is a really bad system for me and it creates this huge gear gap. Hard counters like firewalker and scarecrow are just lazy and poor pvp. I hope shadow/dregs will go back to the big world 5-man group friendly fire, because the harsh AoE caps and no FF faction ruleset promotes this really spammy and zergy playstyle. But other than these complaints, combat balance actually appears to have improved a lot recently. 

This happens at random. Go to look at my map or inventory and when I click out of it all of a sudden i'm at 400+ ms msg ping and 10 fps, have to close the entire client and start it back up to fix this issue.

34 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

2) Death shroud: Love it, the game needed something like this for a while already, to make battles more decisive. 

I dont disagree.

Just introduce spawn camping for easy kills.   When ppl try and rez its a slaughter.

So while some will do it gentleman style... most will use the chance to break others gear even more.

Bugs:

-Crafted and Looted items all appear to be giving 1 less exp per item when they are sacrificed
- Pigs in beach head stop giving XP after level 5 with no indication why. The same for rank 2 monsters at level 10.
- When trying to rank talents in the fury section of the Templar talent tree or the weapon master node, hitting rank up can have you switch to the skill behind the one you are trying to rank up. I had this bug waste several poinst when trying to acquire the Explosive Light talent.
- Talent Points in general not showing as spent until the talent window is closed and reopened.
- Purple gravestone Beam visible long after I retrieved my corpse after recalling and then zoning back into Logan
- Random purple Corpse beam in Balance Beach head hours where no deaths occurred.

- To much clicking while crafting. Need a way to mass produce baseline. I'm OK with higher success rate, more recipes,  and bigger yields for investing into crating/harvesting. I don't like having to do so much clicking just to get basic mats and food cranked out. It makes my hands hurt to even go through the process of making a few food stacks. I gave up on using the free meat from chest altogether because getting apples was easier on my hands then trying to craft meat tartar ( and I don't even have to farm the meat its free in boxes).

- The Elkin headbut needs to be toned down. The knockback knocks targets up much to high and far away. It makes it easy for things to get stuck and puts enough distance between you and the target to waste a good portion of the knockdown effect.

Edited by Dictan

Sac items are giving 1 less XP than they say. Getting 39 for 40 point sac items. Malekai's Invocation fills the bar up 499 but says 500 in the list of sac items. 40 point items show 39 and fill the bar 39

Ranger

Nice swap of abilities and passives for Brigand and Warden they fit way better into the kits. Still needs some sort of duality nature for the class IMO as there are already "Brawler" and "Assassin" classes.

Brigand

Allow the use of bow from Stealth. Either the LMB charge attack or some form of Snipe/Back attack. Make it more about luring opponents to your bombs that you placed earlier instead of just another Ambush Melee class. We have that already.

Warden

Allow AeroSpin passive to be placed in Ranged Tray. As a Ranger even the tank/brawler build you should be starting with a few Bow Shots before engaging in melee. Allowing your passive to build before Melee Engagement makes sense.

Passives and PowerBar-Slots

While I don't mind passives being locked away behind a Racial or Discipline that seems to be fitting and not to game breaking. I do believe limiting the PowerBar-Slots is not a good idea and limits choice. For instance on my Elkan Ranger I typically don't take a 2nd Discipline as there is no room on my PowerBar even after taking Expansive-Mind for the additional slot. So, instead I feel forced to play a Human if I want to pick another Discipline which just feels bad.

Granted the game is about "Choice," but I have a feeling people will start going very Vanilla and taking Humans just for the additional PowerBar and Passive everytime so they can optimally play most classes due to the limiting of Hotkeys.

Crafting

Would still like to see the addition of all recipes to my crafting-book even if I can't craft the item so I can search for "X" and know whom I should be asking to buy/trade for it with.

Harvesting

Would love to see "Ranks" go away on Nodes and have it instead just be Basic and Non-Basic with different Quality such as Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary.  Also the need for different Biome's so we can split up where certain Materials come from would be nice in the future (Most likely already planned, but I'm new so putting it here anyway.) 

XP-Grind

With XP being less of a gating mechanic and more of a small time investment to make Necromancy a viable profession and give people some active progession. I would love to see the addition of XP for Harvesting and maybe even Crafting for all the non-combatant's out there as well as a "Carrot" for new players that don't know what they should be doing.

Albion-Online had a similar system where they used Fame and not XP, but you gained progression towards X by doing X. I think having new players come into the game and be rewarded for chopping down a tree and crafting there first set of tools and basic gear would make the world flow more naturally. One of the most common questions I saw asked so far during 5.8 is " So what should I do this is my first time?" 

Final Thoughts

Great test so far and I really enjoyed the removal of the free Vendors. Actually having to learn the initial loop of the game and where, what and how to gather the materials I needed to craft gear was wonderful. Way more interaction with my faction instead of rush to a keep instantly make Legendary go PvP.

Also on a personal note. I would love to see the removal of X-faction chat at least in the "Faction Campaign" rule-set and an ignore feature in the near future. I don't mind someone bugging me, but not being able to ignore the multiple X-faction flames over deaths is going to be very messy come 1K+ people on a server.

So the current bug that's been annoying anyone bothering to harvest, in which every second swing in a series doesn't register, has stopped happening to me! All I did between when it did happen and now is upgrade my monitor to one much more expensive. :lol:

That's not a joke BTW. I upgraded my monitor and now this bug doesn't occur any more.

26 minutes ago, Sorrows said:

Brigand

Allow the use of bow from Stealth. Either the LMB charge attack or some form of Snipe/Back attack. Make it more about luring opponents to your bombs that you placed earlier instead of just another Ambush Melee class. We have that already.

Warden

Allow AeroSpin passive to be placed in Ranged Tray. As a Ranger even the tank/brawler build you should be starting with a few Bow Shots before engaging in melee. Allowing your passive to build before Melee Engagement makes sense.

Both horribly OP imo.

3 minutes ago, potatomochi said:

Have tried logging in twice since last night and this morning and I keep getting stuck at the login screen with a message that the servers are down for maintenance.

Am I doing something wrong?

LIVE is down. Download TEST client and play on TEST.