Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azkaosa

Death Shroud is dumb

so for a pvp game i find this extremely dumb. i get being punished for dieing, but to be punished for 3 min after you rez is just stupid, it sets you up to be ganked over and over and stand no fighting chance... so i have to rez at a fort and lose all my stuff because i cant spawn at my body without a group waiting to gank me this debuff is dumb and needs to be removed

It's there because battles were not being won decisively, because players could come back into the fight too quickly, making them endless and boring.

If you don't want to get ganked while weak, tow truck back to the beach head.  If there are enemies around your body, you will have been stripped of anything valuable by the time you get back anyway.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It's there because battles were not being won decisively, because players could come back into the fight too quickly, making them endless and boring.

If you don't want to get ganked while weak, tow truck back to the beach head.  If there are enemies around your body, you will have been stripped of anything valuable by the time you get back anyway.

see i get that but seriously 3 min? makes you not even wanna pvp because you die lose everything then cant do anything for 3 min then once the 3 min is up your screwed on your health because you dont regen at a decent rate and you lost all your bandages so your screwed all the way around if you die.

like im all for punishing for dieing but this punishes to much and keep the player out of the fight for way to long and makes them far to weak for far to long. i shouldent have to cut trees and go craft bandages every time i die so i can run fight for a few min die and spend the next 10 to 15 min trying to get back in the fight

This isn't a moba, with a sub 60 second respawn timer, and this isn't a solo focused game. You should be running in a group with players that have heal powers. Bandages are a last resort item, not a "how I keep myself healthy all the time" thing.

You keep saying things like "I'm all for punishing dieing", but really I don't believe you.

What exactly did you expect that punishment to look like?

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

im punished by losing everything in my inventory atm, then i either walk back to my body or spawn far away form the battle, there is no reason to be screwed for another 3 min and then once the 3 min is up be screwed again but regen is so slow so unless im near a healer or i manage to make some bandages real fast your screwed again.

it should be left at just having to walk back to your body and losing your inventory. and maybe if you choose not to walk back to your body and spawn at a base or something then get the 3 min shroud but to get it eveytime time you die which could be alot in big battles is unnecessary 

1 minute ago, Azkaosa said:

im punished by losing everything in my inventory atm, then i either walk back to my body or spawn far away form the battle, there is no reason to be screwed for another 3 min and then once the 3 min is up be screwed again but regen is so slow so unless im near a healer or i manage to make some bandages real fast your screwed again.

it should be left at just having to walk back to your body and losing your inventory. and maybe if you choose not to walk back to your body and spawn at a base or something then get the 3 min shroud but to get it eveytime time you die which could be alot in big battles is unnecessary 

No actually. 

Unless it is a really really big, (20v 20 or more), losing people should hurt the team enough that they lose the objective, and going back to the fight is not an option.  That is the whole point of this mechanic, so you can't just hop back into a fight every 30 seconds after being killed.

Inventory isn't really all that much, unless your harvesting. 

I take it you got into the game, got your free gear, and immediately went out alone and got yourself killed a few times.  

"Make some bandages real fast" is just such a wrong way to approach a game like this on so many levels.

Again, this is not a Moba.  I've played Moba's, they are fun, but that is a different kind of fun and not what CF is about.

A better solution would be a crow form timer that prevents you from rezzing at all for X minutes to prevent spawn rushing. 

I don't really see much point in letting people rez into an unplayable state - if the goal is to remove people entirely from the zone, just make the respawn always be beachhead.

14 hours ago, miraluna said:

A better solution would be a crow form timer that prevents you from rezzing at all for X minutes to prevent spawn rushing. 

I don't really see much point in letting people rez into an unplayable state - if the goal is to remove people entirely from the zone, just make the respawn always be beachhead.

or a better one is the more time you die in X amount of time the Higher your spawn timer will be, meaning the longer a battle or seige rages on the less people will be spawning in due to them dieing

Frankly I think given the game is about territory control, most deaths need to result in vessel tow trucking, unless you get an on field resurrection. 

Then if you get back to your gravesite it's only to retrieve inventory, IF there is any left. 

Only re-inhabiting your body at a controlled point, would completely eliminate the problem of spawning in enemies while weak.  Rather than stare at a timer for 3 minutes like some FPS, you have the choice to take a chance and go back early, or hang tough around your controlled location.

Cant they include the option of not ressurrecting until the debuff wears off? This way the player can avoid another death caused solely by the Death Shroud mechanic. If you choose to rezz with all the debuffs you cant blame anyone if something happens.

This would also help with the griefing problem. This way at least players wont be able to blame the new mechanic.

Yeah I'm all for not being able to get right back into the fight but the timer not starting until you're alive and able to be killed is like a griefers wet dream. Griefing will definitely be part of this game. It's focused on PVP for Christs sake but you don't need to go out of your way to encourage it. Make it a 5 minute timer from the moment you release into Crow form. Most run backs arent more than 60 seconds now. So that's 3-4 minutes of staying in Crow after you're at your corpse or choosing to ress immediatly and risk getting taken for an easy kill.

Deathshroud is effective at solving every fight turning into nothing but respawn spam because almost the entire cluster is within 60s of a respawn point.

We no longer see res spam fights that go 15minutes and you kill the same people 3times over.

Are there better solutions? Yes.

Did deathshroud quickly solve the biggest non-performance related issue in 5.8 GvG fights? Yes, it did.

Edited by Angelmar

1 hour ago, Angelmar said:

Deathshroud is effective at solving every fight turning into nothing but respect spam because almost the entire cluster is within 60s of a respawn point.

We no longer see res spam fights that go 15minutes and you kill the same people 3times over.

Are there better solutions? Yes.

Did deathshroud quickly solve the biggest non-performance related issue in 5.8 GvG fights? Yes, it did.

Sure and I don't dispute that but it created a couple significant problems as well that have been listed in this thread.

12 minutes ago, Jagour said:

Sure and I don't dispute that but it created a couple significant problems as well that have been listed in this thread.

Don't Rez when it's dumb to do so. Coordinate your rezs with your guild.  Fly to a different dragon statue to Rez. Rez and go thru a gate. Use Rez and then immediately recall while you're 15s invuln. 

Players need to use the tools available to them, rather than assuming they are helpless.

Edit: can also simply mount up on a swift pack pig and be essentially invulnerable running around map.

Edited by Angelmar

On 12/15/2018 at 1:05 AM, miraluna said:

I can see both sides on deathshroud vs Rez timer.

Most folks don't want to lose control of their character and play experience and watch a timer slowly tick down for 5 minutes. Plus side, you can't get killed while combat ineffective.

Deathshroud let's you retain control of character so you can move to the next rally point or run to a different bank and switch gear or switch discs while you wait for deathshroud.

Edited by Angelmar

Yes all valid but in a game about choice give players the option. 5 minute death shroud instead of 3 but start from when release to Crow form. Or even starting  to and only ticking down while within rezz range of your corpse as a Crow. I understand there are certain ways of getting around it but I still think it’s current implementation is very poor for above stated reasons.