Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_Jackal

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/17/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Feedback

DPS frontloaded on Talents

Most dps classes get most of their oomph from their talents. Whether its penetration, basic attack damage, damage mod, or strong abilities. All leather provides the same damage mod no matter how good it is and the amount of resists/health between a very good leather and early leather is not much based on sheer numbers.

Tank / Heals backloaded on gear

Both tank classes and heal classes depend on having larger mitigations and much larger health pools than dps. The difference between very good plate and and early plate is HUGE, basically 4000 more hp and 16% more resists.

The Problem

This leads to DPS "owning" the early game and being less gear dependent than all other specs. I honestly don't know if we should just accept that early game is strongly tilted to dps classes or attempt to reassess how much DPS/Mitigations are gear or talent based. I am pretty sure every Class gets close to the same mitigation bonuses(not talking caps, talking straight bonuses). Does this make sense or should tank/healer classes have more innate survivabiity early game through talents?

Edited by Ussiah

12 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Feedback

DPS frontloaded on Talents

Most dps classes get most of their oomph from their talents. Whether its penetration, basic attack damage, damage mod, or strong abilities. All leather provides the same damage mod no matter how good it is and the amount of resists/health between a very good leather and early leather is not much based on sheer numbers.

Tank / Heals backloaded on gear

Both tank classes and heal classes depend on having larger mitigations and much larger health pools than dps. The difference between very good plate and and early plate is HUGE, basically 4000 more hp and 16% more resists.

The Problem

This leads to DPS "owning" the early game and being less gear dependent than all other specs. I honestly don't know if we should just accept that early game is strongly tilted to dps classes or attempt to reassess how much DPS/Mitigations are gear or talent based. I am pretty sure every Class gets close to the same mitigation bonuses(not talking caps, talking straight bonuses). Does this make sense or should tank/healer classes have more innate survivabiity early game through talents?

Interesting assessment. Because the assumption is that much of that mitigation comes from armor class now (since the armor class minors are a thing of the past) It may be worth the trouble to implement different weight tiers of intermediate gear to normalize this a bit, and perhaps healing bonused versions of intermediate weapons for clerics and druids. That way chain and plate classes can get a little bump in early game survivability to keep up with the largely weapon scaling DPS classes?

Edited by PopeUrban

Logged off last night in the keep on Bardshofn. Balance took the keep and when i logged in this morning it ported me over to the chaos temple gate and i died from the sanctuary debuff. I play order so shouldn't it have ported me to the order gate? Confirmed that this happened on both of my characters.

3 hours ago, Tark said:

Logged off last night in the keep on Bardshofn. Balance took the keep and when i logged in this morning it ported me over to the chaos temple gate and i died from the sanctuary debuff. I play order so shouldn't it have ported me to the order gate? Confirmed that this happened on both of my characters.

Same but I’m Chaos and ended up at balance portal

22 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

It would be if capturing outposts, forts, and keeps was the primary source of xp for your vessel.

Agreed— I hate pveing and it’s all I have had time to do..

Fall has already killed any enjoyment in gathering. Especially for test when a move to live is coming. Without some sort of alternative target for gatherers, especially in the early times before skill is established, fall and winter are totally unfun for gatherer types. 

Fall and winter should have us retargeting gathering towards something. Like the hunger crystals should get better once the seasons are progressed, not less drops. 

Or the whole hunger touched mats that I tried floating before. Sure regular iron is now a pita to harvest. But hunger touched iron is there, and it wants to be used. To spread, to corrupt another living thing.  Make a conflict towards the players. Leave the hunger crystals untouched so that you can keep harvesting the hunger touched mats, but the items made while powerful break so easily....

Hunger Touched Iron Bar. 
9 Hunger touched iron. 
Starting attack power value for a regular white Iron Bar is 1.33
For the hunger touched variant it is 2.66
But the durability is 1/4th for the bar.
And if it breaks while equipped you take 100 hp damage. 
Also special tag, unable to be stored in a spirit bank.
It is a corrupted item. 

Gatherers need something that they do not suck at for fall and winter. Just wanting them to go pvp when their focus and talents and passive training are in gathering is a very non fun direction. 

2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Capping Camps and Towers takes the same amount of time as capping a fort.  As a single player soloing these it's a very tedious and time consuming task.

Ponder if it's @worth the time invested...

Kind of agree with that, but there is more which needs changes here.

My PoV:

1. The amount  Camps/Towers should be halved. There are way to many of them. I see that there will way more players on the final version of this game per campaign, but this amount of this small capturepoints isnt creating any pvp-hotspots or points of interest. Its just dull standing arround. Maybe ppl will later on watch the map carefully if camps get turned but the current mapdesign doesnt support that well (its delayed hard). If they get halved, they should also give double the ammount of points obviously. 

2. Its way to easy to take them over, even if it takes time. I know that there are changes planed for the guards, but please make sure it will be way more contesting than it currently is. I guess its designed for Soloplayers.. otherwise I would set the min. number of ppls which are needed to start capping to 2 in the first place.

3. Dont let stealthed players be able to cap or delay capping while standing in there stealthed.

4. Forts should need at least 3 ppl standing inside of the circle to flip it neutral. If its neutral, it doesnt matter how many ppl are standing in there to capture it. This is needed aslong there is no revamp on the guard-ki to prevent forts get capped by one single person which knows how to use scarecrow. This whole thing is not only because of the current low playercounts in the nighttimes, it will be important later on if there are two forces fighting, while single persons can cap stuff without any defence on other places.

sSeKqM1.png

Trying to harvest mushrooms that are hunger frozen yields this interesting error message.

1 hour ago, srathor said:

stuff

Well the entire point of the later seasons is scarcity. You might be getting 1/6th the resources of spring, but this means that every bit of iron you gather is going to be worth 6 times as much to anyone who's run out of gear, and if you can get even two pips of plentiful harvest after skills + potions + food in the winter, you're going to make an absolute killing when everyone's running out of sticks to bonk each other on the head with.

Also, 'hunger touched' items as you described them would just end up being 'pvp' sets to the normal crafted general use sets, the stuff I made for the test campaign isn't even 1/4 worn after the couple days I've played it.

8 hours ago, Tark said:

happened to me the other night

Feedback on Capturing campfire outposts....

In an effort to get the solo playerbase (ie...new people) to experience the mechanics of capturing outposts..

Capture.JPG

I propose lowering the capture time for the outposts with only 2 guards and a campfire. Tower outposts are good imo. So...

1. 1 minute capture on the first 25%

2. 1 minute capture for the next 25%

3. 1 minute capture for the next 25%

4. 2 minute capture for the last 25%

This would let the new people and solo players be able to contribute without spending an hour just to try and cap 3-4 outposts.

6 hours ago, srathor said:

Fall has already killed any enjoyment in gathering. Especially for test when a move to live is coming. Without some sort of alternative target for gatherers, especially in the early times before skill is established, fall and winter are totally unfun for gatherer types. 

Gatherers need something that they do not suck at for fall and winter. Just wanting them to go pvp when their focus and talents and passive training are in gathering is a very non fun direction. 

A well skilled harvester with pots and discs will do better in the dead of winter than an unskilled & unbuffed harvester can manage in spring. Until this test environment, I'd forgotten how much difference skills make.

For now, no one is skilled and winter is a bitter harvest. Eventually, once the wipes are behind us, most active players will have mastered several skill trees. IMO, that's the environment we should be planning for.

In the mean time, as One01011 said, scarcity is profit for a harvester. If fall and winter chase out the unskilled and the part timers, there's more profit for the real harvesters, leading to more harvesters chasing after that profit.

I noticed how harsh fall was too, and then I looked at the harvesting skill tree I had no points in. It would help quite a lot. In this last test, spring and summer didn't last very long, and none of us got our trees very deeply trained, so it would be interesting to see how far we could get in a longer campaign, before the dead of winter put the kibosh on low skilled and poorly equipped harvesters.