Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZYBAK

Crowfall Cutthroat Assassin PvP - Strengths and Weaknesses

The Assassin is hyper powerful in open field small scale engagements. However in larger and more chaotic fights you have to play carefully or things can fall apart very quickly.

1 hour ago, ZYBAK said:

The Assassin is hyper powerful in open field small scale engagements. However in larger and more chaotic fights you have to play carefully or things can fall apart very quickly.

... Those fights dont look that fun to me. Sure, it seemed you was having a blast but I cant see the other guys liking it. Most of those didnt even last, what, 20 secs? Heck, most of those guys were below 70% even before they could turn their cameras to see you.

I just hope you removed the fights you lost. You lost only against a berserker in a fight you played poorly. That doesnt seem proper. You didnt even break a sweat on most of those.

Just, stealth opener, power rotation, repeat. BTW those CDs are crazy low! It seemed only 2 powers had CDs big enough such that you wasnt able to use them non-stop.

However in larger and more chaotic fights you have to play carefully or things can fall apart very quickly.

That is true to all other classes too. Therefore I call BS on that.

Now to proper video feedback. It was lacking in the weaknesses department. It seems almost like you are advertising the class. After watching it all I can see is Assassins will most likely be a bother to meet. Like, I can see the horde of cheapstakes doing all the embarassing things you did. Shame on you btw.

assassins should get more "risk options" for sure in future. or whole small scale will be between those classes...

currently they have initiative, burst damage, CC (also unique), strongest DOT's, stealth (aka best escape), mobility, stable DPS if burst not killed the target, self healing synergy, access to alot of weapons (unique also).

they impose battle where they want and when they want and able to end battle also where they want and when they want if doing right. remember, for pvp game with loot this is most important thing 80% of time you developing your character.

someone would like to say they are bad on a big battle. dunno, I saw alot. they are as effective as most of melee classes under proper healing.

someone would like to say what this class required right hands driving it - yes, like all other.

someone would like to say they have anti classes. not sure here. not at this point. only if they fight vs anti major disc (antistealth and defence vs type of damage) but they will be rare, isn't it?

I don't know how ACE balance defence VS damage in late game or in future but right now, especially at start, this class is too powerfull and have too much options.

also right now all DPS promo classes seems best choises.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

4 hours ago, makkon said:

assassins should get more "risk options" for sure in future. or whole small scale will be between those classes...

currently they have initiative, burst damage, CC (also unique), strongest DOT's, stealth (aka best escape), mobility, stable DPS if burst not killed the target, self healing synergy, access to alot of weapons (unique also).

they impose battle where they want and when they want and able to end battle also where they want and when they want if doing right. remember, for pvp game with loot this is most important thing 80% of time you developing your character.

someone would like to say they are bad on a big battle. dunno, I saw alot. they are as effective as most of melee classes under proper healing.

someone would like to say what this class required right hands driving it - yes, like all other.

someone would like to say they have anti classes. not sure here. not at this point. only if they fight vs anti major disc (antistealth and defence vs type of damage) but they will be rare, isn't it?

I don't know how ACE balance defence VS damage in late game or in future but right now, especially at start, this class is too powerfull and have too much options.

also right now all DPS promo classes seems best choises.

It's called being a glass cannon.  If you get your hands on an assassin, say with an expose or DoT that takes their stealth for 30 seconds, it's pretty easy to focus them down because of how weak leather armor is.  (One talent branch gets mail).

It's far far too early in the 5.8 cycle to see the impact of real armor against them. Right now with everyone running around in weak sauce, of course a high DPS glass cannon is going to beat them out quickly. 

It's what they are supposed to be good at.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

4 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It's called being a glass cannon.  If you get your hands on an assassin, say with an expose or DoT that takes their stealth for 30 seconds, it's pretty easy to focus them down because of how weak leather armor is.  (One talent branch gets mail).

It's far far too early in the 5.8 cycle to see the impact of real armor against them. Right now with everyone running around in weak sauce, of course a high DPS glass cannon is going to beat them out quickly. 

It's what they are supposed to be good at.

yes I can simulate in my mind =) this is why I wrote about balance defence vs damage. I do not test 5.8 full combat (armor) line and how it is good in fact. also I know what damage is also increased with combat weapon tree...as well as crit chance, AP, min/max dmg but not crit defence for example... also I noticed too fast attack speed on assassin. fast FX is win way in CF. combared to other dual wielders... well, you can check yourself.

de facto current assassin is way too strong in alot of aspects. deny it is not reasonable. especially in early game. need some research/investigating.

not ranger, not druid, not even champion... but assassin =)

ps. I do not understand why assassins has access to some tank runes like Militant Mage and same vs other kind of dmg types defence (scarecrow and such) ontop of access to unique runes limited to classes. those runes atm is best (and I think necessary ) for "tank" classes. so who is glass cannon?

pss. game is close and close to soft launch. I remember it, do you?

psss. in pvp game with loot everyone should have a chance to fight back. if ppl lost their loot without very low chance to win they leave. not sure this will be ok for low CF playerbase

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

That opening at the end where you sneak into their backline was just 100% luck.  Good to see an assy get some group fights. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png