Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deernado

Minotaur Ranger Build - Theorycraft

Recommended Posts

Wondering if anyone has had the chance to test a Minotaur Ranger Build?

I am thinking a Stealth or Melee Get in close ambush and as you wreck your opponent and they try to get away, pull out the bow and finish them off.

With the Minotaur Racial ability "Bloodthirst" mixed with the "Sustain" Ranger Q key ability, i think it might be possible to negate most of the crash (DOT affect of taking health away) and applying more healing during the crash.

Bloodthirst heals you for 50% for all damage taken and after 8 seconds then applies the damage you took as a DOT over the next 8 secs. 

Sustain gives you up to 30% of your damage done as health and makes you temporarily invulnerable.

The invulnerable would wipe the crash and keep some of that DOT damage from hitting you.

 

Mix that in with immunity to frontal stuns and can finish off runners...seems like a fun build =)

 

 

Edited by Deernado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently working on this build right now.

 

 

 I have a Purple Mino Vessel and went Brigand.  I don’t have gear yet, but I am going to stack as much health on leather gear as possible.  Once I play around with this build more I’ll have more information.  Many people are saying Ranger is underpowered and very squishy, but I think I can make something work.

 

 Oh btw, Mino stealth is hilarious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.1.2019 at 4:37 PM, Kenespo said:

I am currently working on this build right now.

 

 

 I have a Purple Mino Vessel and went Brigand.  I don’t have gear yet, but I am going to stack as much health on leather gear as possible.  Once I play around with this build more I’ll have more information.  Many people are saying Ranger is underpowered and very squishy, but I think I can make something work.

 

 Oh btw, Mino stealth is hilarious!

It is in fact kind of squishy but still good for a leatherboy because of the barriers and a kinda helpfull ulti BUT a minotaur isnt helping there because of the bad dodge-ability. You pretty much have to go for wood-elf if you want to make it work.

Edited by Makuza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Makuza. Without the wood elf dodge brigand dies...a lot. Trying to take survivability over mobility on a brigand is a death sentence. You are not meant to survive, only kill as fast as possible in hopes that they die faster than you do :P . Ive tried Minotaur brigand and it pales in comparison to wood elves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I built one , super enjoy the middle path.  You become a stealth hunter with 30 % bleed mitigation.    I find the lack of life even with mail is really holding he class back. 

 

I am trying arcane archer \ banshee 

master of bows

sturdy , demons pact ,  still deciding 

 

 

any other suggestions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.1.2019 at 2:28 AM, MEGAS_XLR said:

I built one , super enjoy the middle path.  You become a stealth hunter with 30 % bleed mitigation.    I find the lack of life even with mail is really holding he class back. 

 

I am trying arcane archer \ banshee 

master of bows

sturdy , demons pact ,  still deciding 

 

 

any other suggestions 

Wasnt playing the ranger recently and iam not into the distance-cap-stuff anymore, but I would assume that master of axes is better than master of bows. You will get a passive which gives you an additional barrier on autoatks in melee... prolly better than that range-root, which almost never works in group fights because of all that cc's and retaltions going on. Banshee's heals is are super bugged atm and that slow is on a way to long cd. Only good thing about banshee is that execution-passive and that critbonus.

I dont see any reason for arcane archer either. I dont like elemental bows and the skills of this discipline are crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Makuza said:

Wasnt playing the ranger recently and iam not into the distance-cap-stuff anymore, but I would assume that master of axes is better than master of bows. You will get a passive which gives you an additional barrier on autoatks in melee... prolly better than that range-root, which almost never works in group fights because of all that cc's and retaltions going on. Banshee's heals is are super bugged atm and that slow is on a way to long cd. Only good thing about banshee is that execution-passive and that critbonus.

I dont see any reason for arcane archer either. I dont like elemental bows and the skills of this discipline are crap. 

He's playing a warden, which gets a bonus to crushing -- so it's master of maces (for the stun) or master of bows, which will allow him to use crushing arrows if he chooses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pwca said:

He's playing a warden, which gets a bonus to crushing -- so it's master of maces (for the stun) or master of bows, which will allow him to use crushing arrows if he chooses.

Oh warden true...weird that this spec is still used^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Makuza said:

Oh warden true...weird that this spec is still used^^

I like the idea behind warden. However, even with the crazy mitigation you can achieve, the build feels somewhat fragile due to the low HP.  The damage isn't stellar, which also affects survivability through Sustain. And Aero Spin is just about the least impressive class passives in the game.

My human brigand, on the other hand, can achieve fairly decent mitigation with Illusory Armor and add in the barrier from Berserker and the heal from Blade Master. Moreover, the cooldown reduction power from Master of Axes allows him to spit out bombs at an alarming rate (moar Faerie Shields!). However, his energy can't keep up, and damage drops off. I was able to take down a target dummy faster by using a short sword build (This was using intermediate weapons; will try again when I get some advanced axes). The Brigzerker build has a bit more survivability and axe damage, but gives up trap damage -- compared to my Illusionist/Black Mask build. That said, Wood Elf still seems the way to go, until we get a Vanish option for out ult.

Edited by Pwca
Left out a sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot see a mino and not think of:  diablo_2_gif_hell_bovine_by_w6nd6r6r.gif

 

I think warden is a poorly made sock but with holes in it by default, kind of like a hipster sock marketed as "antique".  Brigand on the other hand is what happens when they listen to feedback and change something bad to something great.  Wood elf tele is so strong, is any other race of ranger really equal to it? 


This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mandalore said:

I think warden is a poorly made sock but with holes in it by default, kind of like a hipster sock marketed as "antique".  Brigand on the other hand is what happens when they listen to feedback and change something bad to something great.  Wood elf tele is so strong, is any other race of ranger really equal to it? 

I have been playing warden just to get stealth detection in our group... Have I been losing my time?

It is true that in big fights I do poor damage and I have kind of low health to survive longer that others. But i feel the other options with less survavility with leather armor. What do you recommend? I would like to learn from this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think that brigand is less tanky than a warden. The whole mitigationsystem is a lil bit weird if it comes to actuall mitigations against physical and so on. There is to much penetration atm. The best bonus from more heavy armor is the increased hp-pool in my view. 

If you compare the skills which lead to get more sustain, the brigand is just doing better, since his fairy-bomb has half the cooldown and the barrier it grants is extremly important.

The whole fight with a Ranger (warden/brigand) is all about the stancedance and playing with the cds, utilizing the ultimates to burst in meleerange and disengage into bowrange as soon you are vulnurable (Thats the reason why the daggerspinpassive is even worse....beside from not even dealing tons of dmg if stacked up). Thats also the part were the woodelf comes handy because of his blinkdodge.

This class is really fun to play, but it needs practice and awarness. 

 

The warden is just a poorly made spec and deals way to less dmg compared to his poor sustain. 

 

These things are my opinion, but there is a reason why I cant even remember when I did see a Warden the last time in actuall PvP

Edited by Makuza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, Makuza said:

Wasnt playing the ranger recently and iam not into the distance-cap-stuff anymore, but I would assume that master of axes is better than master of bows. You will get a passive which gives you an additional barrier on autoatks in melee... prolly better than that range-root, which almost never works in group fights because of all that cc's and retaltions going on. Banshee's heals is are super bugged atm and that slow is on a way to long cd. Only good thing about banshee is that execution-passive and that critbonus.

I dont see any reason for arcane archer either. I dont like elemental bows and the skills of this discipline are crap. 

Or they could just want access to exotic arrows aka quivers. Micromanaging ammo is BS and should be taken out. Duelists don't need to do it. Assassins get a similarly slotted item to change their toxins. This argument choosing your damage type doesn't hold up with the previous as examples. Crafting quivers should be baseline. Elemental quivers should be Arcane Archer requirement. 

Quote

Pwca said:

If you think Warden is not more tanky, then you just aren't getting hit outside of your trap's barrier. A lot of their mitigation is just straight up reduction in damage taken that's not even tied into what they are wearing. 

  • 9% from Ravencoat
  • 15% from Treant's Stake

It's true that Aero Spin's passive is trash. But its active for Warden is amazing. It's a spammable aoe suppress. The damn thing last 8-9 seconds. I personally haven't suffered any Energy issues, but I also use blade master. Even without it, you should achieve enough crits so that Gleeful restores energy. The only thing you gain on a Brigand over Warden is the stealth, better traps and making it so 1 person does 20% less damage to use, rather than your stake's as long as you are in the area. Otherwise you can put the exact same things on. Stealth gives some changes you can do, but having been playing both, I still prefer the Warden, even if Ranger's in general can use some love. Stance dancing itself is extremely clunky and prone to bugging your abilities out on you between the GCDs and fizzling abilities not applying damage.

Edited by Navystylz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ossis said:

I have been playing warden just to get stealth detection in our group... Have I been losing my time?

It is true that in big fights I do poor damage and I have kind of low health to survive longer that others. But i feel the other options with less survavility with leather armor. What do you recommend? I would like to learn from this.

 

Warden just isn’t built very well.  It’s missing something that really make it all work together.  What reason would you have to bring a warden?  What does it do better that gives it purpose?  It’s arguably the worst melee spec in the game and every elken can also see stealth.  It’s not that your build is bad, not by any means; the class itself is lacking.


This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs should just run with the concept of a Warden as protector of a place and its people. Make Treant Stake's mitigation extended to the group. Cut the cooldown on Forest Step/Tendon Slicer by 30-50% so they can engage and disengage more readily (and chase the stealthers they reveal). Get rid of the bleed mitigation and give them added health. Both the bleed mitigation and Aero Spin are far too niche/situational. Maybe give back the passive that made Cross Cut apply a severe bleed (it was in the Brigand tree before things got swapped around).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pwca said:

The devs should just run with the concept of a Warden as protector of a place and its people. Make Treant Stake's mitigation extended to the group. Cut the cooldown on Forest Step/Tendon Slicer by 30-50% so they can engage and disengage more readily (and chase the stealthers they reveal). Get rid of the bleed mitigation and give them added health. Both the bleed mitigation and Aero Spin are far too niche/situational. Maybe give back the passive that made Cross Cut apply a severe bleed (it was in the Brigand tree before things got swapped around).

I think warden as a defender is a great idea.

@mhalashace @thomasblair which of the devs is in charge of ranger? 


This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...