Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What EXACTLY is the countdown for?

I don't think any of the Wizard players are expecting something close to Wizard or Pirate.  It's pretty clear from the manifesto that it isn't that.  "Will they like it, or not?" is a different question -- but I don't think they're going to be disappointed because it isn't what they expected.

Shadowbane players will be split.  It isn't Shadowbane 2.0, and some will be disappointed.  Others came here because of the manifesto/vision (as opposed to being married to a particular design) and they'll be really excited.

and remember: we have to make a lot of hard choices, so I doubt that ANYONE will agree with *every* design choice we make.  always keep in mind that individual design decisions have to be weighed in the greater context of the game.  

Hope that helps.

Todd

ACE

Thanks for the response! I think some of the hardcore SB players might be disappointed because I think some thought right away alrgiht SB 2.0, which personally I knew it wasn't going to be quite that. I am excited to see where it goes :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the time the countdown hits zero, we'll have presented you the full vision for Crowfall. You'll either love it, or hate it. We're hoping love! (please love?)   To set the expectation though, beta

Some of you are going to say, "wow, I was hoping for more."   Some of you are going to say, "wow, they have a lot more than I thought."   Either way, as Tully said, you'll know what the game is and

I don't think any of the Wizard players are expecting something close to Wizard or Pirate.  It's pretty clear from the manifesto that it isn't that.  "Will they like it, or not?" is a different questi

Thanks for the response! I think some of the hardcore SB players might be disappointed because I think some thought right away alrgiht SB 2.0, which personally I knew it wasn't going to be quite that. I am excited to see where it goes :)

I like to think most SBers weren't expecting a better looking duplicate, we just wanted a true spiritual successor that improves on the failings of SB.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

I don't think any of the Wizard players are expecting something close to Wizard or Pirate. It's pretty clear from the manifesto that it isn't that. "Will they like it, or not?" is a different question -- but I don't think they're going to be disappointed because it isn't what they expected.

Shadowbane players will be split. It isn't Shadowbane 2.0, and some will be disappointed. Others came here because of the manifesto/vision (as opposed to being married to a particular design) and they'll be really excited.

and remember: we have to make a lot of hard choices, so I doubt that ANYONE will agree with *every* design choice we make. always keep in mind that individual design decisions have to be weighed in the greater context of the game.

Hope that helps.

Todd

ACE

I get the feeling our discussions will change markedly after the reveal.

Honestly, I wish the devs would steer some of this discussion sooner rather than later. I mean seriously, people are discussing full loot and permadeath. Is this game going to even be THAT old school? We don't know. PVP and PK are two different things entirely and people are assuming this game is for PK's. I've been a PK and I'm fine with that. A little clarity so we are actually discussing topics relevant to THIS game would be nice.

I don't think any of the Wizard players are expecting something close to Wizard or Pirate.  It's pretty clear from the manifesto that it isn't that.  "Will they like it, or not?" is a different question -- but I don't think they're going to be disappointed because it isn't what they expected.

Shadowbane players will be split.  It isn't Shadowbane 2.0, and some will be disappointed.  Others came here because of the manifesto/vision (as opposed to being married to a particular design) and they'll be really excited.

and remember: we have to make a lot of hard choices, so I doubt that ANYONE will agree with *every* design choice we make.  always keep in mind that individual design decisions have to be weighed in the greater context of the game.  

Hope that helps.

Todd

ACE

We all have faith in you guys.

I'm not going to lie - I'd play that.

Only if they allowed you to buy in-game full turkey legs.

Oooo, quote tunnels, I wonder if they will bring down these forums like they did with the UBI boards . . .   :P

Only if they allowed you to buy in-game full turkey legs.

Oooo, quote tunnels, I wonder if they will bring down these forums like they did with the UBI boards . . .   :P

NFC 4 LYFE / KNIGHTS OF SILVERMOON / LEGACY OF BRUTALITY / CULT OF THE HY'PHY / THE REPTILIANS

nUWOFCL.png

Hope that helps.

Todd

ACE

I've never played Shadowbane or Wizard or Pirate.

I've played UO, WoW, Rift, ArcheAge, Warhammer, multitudes of other MMOs.

I came because of the manifesto, I love games which allow me to impact the world and there is some risk. Because, it's not my risk that I care about. It is others. I want to be able to force people to lose things in a game, not because I am some kind of psycho but because I find it fun having that rush of there being risk. I can be called a griefer, and I do grief, if there is no PvP or there are safe zones I will find a way to grief you.

ArcheAge for example, safe zones are there and people blockade whole areas to grief others because you can't do anything about it.

• 1 month later...

By the time the countdown hits zero, we'll have presented you the full vision for Crowfall. You'll either love it, or hate it. We're hoping love! (please love?)

To set the expectation though, beta will NOT be going live at this time. We're a while away from this milestone - but we can't wait to get there! 

Fear not, my friends, we will keep each other company while we wait.

And there you have it...

Hope that helps.

Todd

ACE

I heard there was cake?

taking into account the amount of time devs put aside replying our questions, doubts, and the consistency of information being released by the team.

I have a feeling they are holding back quite abit. not sure though, they did mention they are still very early into development so I won't be expecting much on new models or mobs. What I'm expecting more here is the game's framework they will be building on, their vision, and more details on the game mechanics side of things.

I really doubt they won't meet expectations but then-

we might have people with moutain high expectations here.

edit: restructuring and grammer. OTL

Edited by XephRy

Pay to play option on Tuesday I hope.

Pay $100 to play alpha through Launch

Pay $50 to play Beta

All I care about is being able to buy in early.... Take my money to help advance the game.

But I won't give money and not get anything in return

But, I'll give my hard earned cash to play early, or to receive In-Game goodies once the game goes live

dulpoa76627.png