Sign in to follow this  
vkromas

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/19/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

I've played many a bad MMO but I have been checking in every so often since this genre of game is cool and interesting to me. Although I do have a little bit of previous game knowledge I wanted to take the perspective of a new player on launch day. Overall I can see the game has improved a lot and it almost feels like a full fledged game now, however there is still some more polish needed. Prepare for lots of words.

General comments

• The EU/NA release staggering was not done very well. Many people, myself included, had available time during the day and started on EU when it first came out, and took the time to get my character rolling so that when NA was ready to go I could swap my leveled character and all of my (basic) loot over, giving me a slight advantage. I could then roll around attempting to PvP instead of worrying about progression. If this is permitted on release it will be taken to the extreme and it will make a lot of new players (and those who couldn't plan properly) very angry. The easy way to deal with this is a 4/8/12 hour lockout on characters that are removed from their campaign but this would impact easy access to EKs or other future campaigns. This is really only an issue on day 1 so it might be something you patch out after a month or two.
  • Leveling progression is easy if you know what you are doing, which is good. However there needs to be more documentation on mob strength. Some players are getting confused between player level and mob rank and it needs to be more clear that a rank 10 mob is not the same strength as level 10. It would also help new players if there was an indication as to where the mobs were, at the very least I think a mob marker near the open world POIs or open world "dungeons" would be useful, although I wouldn't go as far as marking every mob location on the map. At some point the community will go to this level of detail.
  • Overall the combat and gameplay mechanics are enjoyable as a solo player.

New player zones

• The noob zone pre-temple needs to get nerfed with respect to peak experience per hour big time. The bandage/axe chests are broken and people cycle through them to get sac xp. The hunger shards respawning instantly after being mined is also exploitable. Hitting level 10+ in the starting area shouldn't be a thing, get people out into the world. Your typical new player is going to breeze through this stage thinking it's a tutorial and be at a disadvantage.
  • Remove boars from the temples. You can free farm non-basic leather that can go into advanced armor/weapons and get ez mounts for zero effort or risk. This is going to be (and is) farmed big time.

PvP

• Capturing outposts and towers should be more rewarding. Helping the faction is great and all but I shouldn't feel like I'm falling too far behind character progression wise trying to win the game. Maybe a chest might work but this could also be abused if two people in opposite factions are cooperating.
  • While guards weren't a challenge for me, the range on them once aggroed can be silly at times and LoSing them is buggy.
  • When fully captured it can take almost 15 minutes to flip an outpost/tower solo, long enough for the guards to respawn (!). This is very painful. When just barely ticked over the time it takes is much more reasonable. If these are meant to be small group/solo roaming objectives it would probably make sense to either limit the maximum time to half it's current length or make it quicker to tick over. More chance of people finding each other this way.

Minor things

• Some sound/visual indication that you are being hurt while in a menu or in the map would be greatly appreciated.
  • When opening the inventory it feels like the client is locking up for about half a second for me. This is jarring, especially when I have to open up the inventory page often (ie looting mobs).
  • Occasionally ran into issues with not joining general chat and getting duplicate zone/party chats. Not sure what triggers this. Hopefully the just released patch helps.
  • An all-zone faction chat may or may not be useful. At this time there is not a lot of coordination (as you can see on some of the leaderboards, compared to how populated the world is) and it would be good to have, but over time it will become less useful. This is partially the playerbase's fault and the problem might solve itself over time.
  • I'm not sure if the vendors are staying long term but please put heartwood in the vendors. They are required for quivers, and I would much appreciate being able to build one, especially since there is no indication of how many arrows you have left without checking your inventory. I don't want to wait x days to unlock it via skills.
  • Group looting is kind of shady and will be prone to ninja looting. Some indication of what is being looted or automatic group loot sharing would be useful.
  • There should be a way to craft multiple of the same item in one click. Crafting small items like bandages or arrows one click at a time is a major pain.

No sound effects on ranger auto-attacks before Ambidextrous talent.

General Chat (for me) is not working. Have multiple Zone chats currently and everything I load into a new zone I get another. Have had up to 5.

Playing a mino ranger and experimenting with diciplines and I lost my bow slot.

It happened when I deleted Arcane Archer. Relogging apparently fixed it, but was certainly a suprise

Starting combat with Hand of God roots mob but mob keeps healing itself until root ends and then I can kill it.

Starting combat with another attack and then using Hand of God works correctly (ie: doesn't auto-heal mob).

Was fighting a siege, and the defenders killed the only bane tree (isn't there supposed to be 3?).  A huge pop up covered my entire screen telling me my side had been defeated.  It completely prevented me from continuing my fight, and the guards killed me in short order.   The huge pop-up is completely ridiculous.  The siege ending doesn't mean the fighting is ending, and the pop up shouldn't take up the whole screen and prevent us from fighting.  A little pop up like the one for dev announcements that doesn't take focus would be ideal.

Edited by Durenthal

Walking along the keep outer wall I suddenly went from 5,700ish health to 54 health. Nothing in damage log...I was the only one there. 

Might be a small thing, but I did want to note that when you're harvesting materials, the materials don't seem to ever disappear. Would there be a way to make them disappear as soon as you pick them up? It's a little distracting and all.

- I suffer from a significant frame rate drop when opening and using the passive training UI while in-game. The same happens with the map but at least that drop abates after a few seconds; the same cannot be said for the training UI sluggishness. 

- Considering it's their only usage at all, sacrifice shards from Hunger Crystals seem pretty awful. Ditto for the wilted scraps we get from scavenging plants. It's annoying to accidentally pick up a scrap if it lands close to the plant I actually want.

Bugs:

- Hunger Crystals are referred to as a Hungershard in the combat log.

- Templar power VFX last longer on one's screen than the Templar that causes them.

ZI8iyd5.png

- This is a very unfortunate place to spawn people when they first enter a campaign.

3NKLCLz.png

- I couldn't give this poor fellow crow a Death Blow because NPC corpses still give you a Loot prompt even when their inventories are empty, and the area in which you're given this prompt is quite large. Please, help crows receive the death blows they deserve. <3

qyhiGVf.jpg

Edited by moneda

Bugs :

• It looks like some monsters are playing combat animation but are not doing damage (spiders at starter zones for example)
  • Sometimes when i harvest basic stuff (knotwood/cobblestone) there is an "empty" animation who play but don't do anything to the ressource, basic ressource need 3 hits to be destroyed but sometimes 4 animations play
  • Not sure if it's a bug but the stealth speed from ranger "brigand" seems very low compared to assassin/duelist one
  • General from chat seems to have disappeared but i have now multiple zone chat instead

December 19, 2018

• Thanks for giving Rangers more Traps to play with :D Now if only I could differentiate them.....
  • Damage Bonus: From Behind is a weird stat on Brigand. You don't have anything the benefits using from behind, and attacking from behind doesn't seem to give Brigands a noticeable damage bonus. I would suggest swapping this talent out with one that increases Movement Speed:Stealth by 10% per point spent (I think the old Skill trees gave Rangers/Assassins a total of 30% Movement Speed: Stealth)
  • I don't think rain/snow appears on basic graphics, fog definitely does
  • Only 1 banetree spawns at 15 min after Sieges start
  • The Siege Winner screen doesn't need to takeover your screen. We're still fighting even as we win/lose
  • Need Moar inventory/bank space!
  • Minotaur's Bloodthirst racial uses (Ranger) resource
    • The Bloodthirst tooltip isn't very clear. Does it reduce incoming damage by half, and you take the other half as a DoT, or does it reduce damage by half and you take half of the other half (a quarter) of damage as a DoT?
    • Bloodthirst crash doesn't have flytext and doesn't report to the combat log

how are people FPS in group fights? we had a guild versus guild fight with multiple groups on both sides (thanks BSF etc) but severe fps drops even on mah 1070....

Knight ultimate power doesn't pull people in like it should.  Instead it seems to fire them in a random direction.

DoT's don't show up on screen - both the bleeds I deal out and the DoTs I take have no scrolling combat text.

Game performance in moderate sized fort battles on a siege "world" is utterly miserable still in 5.8.  I have a top end machine - my fps is generally at 60 (to match my monitor refresh rate), but it drops to the single digits in this fight, and performance becomes so bad I can't keep my target in front of me.

All these can be seen in this short video:

I don't know if the effects are stacking, but I can have both Half Elf Trail Blazer and Swift Pig buffs at the same time. Working as intended?

Dis-mount seems very clumsy. The only ways I've found to dis-mount are to re-mount while moving, or to interact with a lootable object (F key).

Change of season seems to have no effect on field craft harvesting. The yield of both dust and plant parts seems constant year round.

Game performance on my under-powered computer is much improved in 5.8. Still not good enough for large scale combat, but small scale combat doesn't turn into a power point presentation of my death.

Edited by VaMei

Made some Mead and Redwine/Bon toppers or what there called today and a little disapointed in the alchohole effect, you could of added blurr visions/screen wobble random knockdowns and things but all it does is give you a negative effect and thats it :P for example mead just makes ur get Dizzy debuff that doesnt do anything unless u get hit so its kinda meh for role play factors or laughs :P
Could of made it boost unarmed dmg and give dizzy effect or random knock downs/screen wobble so we can have drunken brawls :P lol

Food venders such a rip off atm was a pain to test thing when u need 5 250g items and usualy got rubbish out of it :P should be fine though when it becomes harvestable

Edited by veeshan

18 minutes ago, VaMei said:

I don't know if the effects are stacking, but I can have both Half Elf Trail Blazer and Swift Pig buffs at the same time. Working as intended?

Dis-mount seems very clumsy. The only ways I've found to dis-mount are to re-mount while moving, or to interact with a lootable object (F key).

Change of season seems to have no effect on field craft harvesting. The yield of both dust and plant parts seems constant year round.

Game performance on my under-powered computer is much improved in 5.8. Still not good enough for large scale combat, but small scale combat doesn't turn into a power point presentation of my death.

You dont benefit from Trail blazer and mount at the same time, Mount speed and Run speed is different

When the Vengeance buff wears off for the myrmidon it randomly brings your character to 1hp.  Also the damage  from thorns minor does not heal your character when he is buffed with Vengeance.

Edited by Carthage