Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
McTan

IMO: the two biggest problems with Crowfall

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Deernado said:

Lol

Isn’t my saying remove it the normal response to something I neither want to deal with or play against?  REMOVE IT! I can’t be bothered with it!


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mandalore said:

Lastly, @MJayed is such a good ganker every patch there’s a post of him touching somebody’s no no spot and them wanting him nerfed.  He’s done it on duelist, assassin and ranger.

To be fair a child can be a good ganker using stealth classes, currently its broken due to no real counters and very little limitations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

To be fair a child can be a good ganker using stealth classes, currently its broken due to no real counters and very little limitations. 

Besides the entire class based around it, the race that does it by default and the anti stealth discipline anybody can take.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mandalore said:

 I’m confused what the custard is point of the melee stealthing Ranger with an aoe passive.  I just don’t see a squishy stealth char aoeing in somebody’s back line and that working well.@MJayed

 

 

It isn't an aoe passive. It is a trap passive, and gains two additional traps. The point of that spec is stealth trapping with a side of melee.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

It isn't an aoe passive. It is a trap passive, and gains two additional traps. The point of that spec is stealth trapping with a side of melee.

Didn’t the caldera class post say the passive was a  fan of knives boost?  I’ll gladly admit if I’m wrong though; more viable specs is always a good thing. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mandalore said:

Didn’t the caldera class post say the passive was a  fan of knives boost?  I’ll gladly admit if I’m wrong though; more viable specs is always a good thing. 

That information is out of date.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PopeUrban said:

That information is out of date.

Excellent!  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, McTan said:

snip

While I agree stealth is a bit on the meh side right now, I'm waiting for tracking to be implemented before passing judgment. Atm perception is something that a handful of powers give you, and that's rolled against the assassin's stealth. And then you have a couple other powers like mole hunter's one to pop people out of stealth, but with a tiny area of effect. As someone who runs Illusionist a lot, I honestly don't think that's enough when stealthers can pop in and out of stealth almost freely and stay stealthed as long as they want, pretty much resetting any fight they want, anytime, as long as they are careful. But again, tracking is still coming, so I'm waiting to see how that'll play out then. 

However I think there are a couple other issues in the scenario you described above @McTan that you didn't take into account:

1) Hard counter discs like scarecrow that allow people to completely negate the guards damage (and I won't even go into their effect on pvp here). I've been saying these hard counters are lame for a long time now... 

2) The huge power disparity gear has atm. A fully geared decked out character against poorly geared characters, even if it's 4 very experienced players, it's not even a challenge. I know gear has to matter and be important, but atm it's way overtuned IMO. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

2) The huge power disparity gear has atm. A fully geared decked out character against poorly geared characters, even if it's 4 very experienced players, it's not even a challenge. I know gear has to matter and be important, but atm it's way overtuned IMO. 

This isn’t a new complaint.  @blazzen has been making this complaint in the dev boards for years.  It’s a huge problem going forward with the nature of winning servers.  I win, I get more resources, I get better gear, I win again, I get more resources and better stockpiles of better gear, so on and so on. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mandalore said:

I win, I get more resources, I get better gear, I win again, I get more resources and better stockpiles of better gear, so on and so on. 

Meanwhile other people are doing the same thing. The 'haves' can compete against each other, and 'have-nots' can either fight as plucky underdogs or choose campaigns with restricted imports if they don't want to fight against people with better stockpiles.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jah said:

Meanwhile other people are doing the same thing. The 'haves' can compete against each other, and 'have-nots' can either fight as plucky underdogs or choose campaigns with restricted imports if they don't want to fight against people with better stockpiles.

New players wont stand a chance against older vets with high gear, vessels and also account based skills. ACE should have been listening to blazzen more or the only campaigns that will be actively played are those with massive restrictions. Higher tier gear and vessels are way too unbalanced currently.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jah said:

Meanwhile other people are doing the same thing. The 'haves' can compete against each other, and 'have-nots' can either fight as plucky underdogs or choose campaigns with restricted imports if they don't want to fight against people with better stockpiles.

Yea, I don’t think that’s sustainable for a mmo population.  I think the imports and exports system will hasten people leaving to other games.  Any MMO like SB and CF will have to find ways to keep people in the game after they have lost, it’s not going to be hard to keep the winners playing.  Rewarding the winning team with more assets after they already won is some “uncle bob” horsepoorly made socks imo.  There has to be a better way to reward the winner without making a caste system of haves and have nots (besides any player made metas).  Cosmetics, titles and mounts are all better systems imo. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we've ended up in a scenario in the test environment where players are running around with blues and purples, massively skilled accounts, and huge vessels destroying other players with white advanced gear. Solo players more familiar with game mechanics are using low-damage, tanky classes with massive self heals or classes designed for hit and runs to full effect.

If anything is wrong it's the fact that there is little faction unity, and aside from a handful of very helpful people in general chat, not much in-game knowledge exchange going on. This is what is creating two classes of players right now, you're either part of a group/guild and you figure out the "tricks" to the game together or you're not and at a massive disadvantage. Most new players fall into the latter category.

If you severely limit the ability for players to make their characters more powerful the game turns into one big meatgrinder, whoever has the biggest blob wins, and the playerbase will die off just as fast. There has to be some counterplay and players need to feel like the time they put in matters. There will be enough silly guild drama and faction swapping to take care of the elite groups and they can and will be zerged down, you're just not seeing it now because the group/guild mechanics aren't being used/haven't been developed to their fullest potential yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused. If I'm solo, I run illusionist. If I'm in a party, I communicate I'm running illusionist and will switch out of we have someone else willing to stick with stealth detection.

What's the problem? There are a lot of pages of nonsense here. The only reasonable argument I feel McTan has is stealthers having a bit too much freedom in a keep.

I feel people don't want to figure things out or be critical of themselves when they're getting out played. In a game like this, you are going to frequently have to ask yourself what you did wrong or what did you miss. There's imbalance, and that's okay, it will be tweaked, I promise.

My suggestion to everyone who is new, is to ask some questions and do research first before saying there's a massive problem with the game. It's clear McTan didn't ask people around him or here, otherwise things like the speed buff would have been explained quick and easy.

Things will be more clear in the future, thanks for testing, don't assume the worst.

Edited by broot
who to address

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broot said:

I'm confused. If I'm solo, I run illusionist. If I'm in a party, I communicate I'm running illusionist and will switch out of we have someone else willing to stick with stealth detection.

What's the problem? There are a lot of pages of nonsense here. The only reasonable argument I feel McTan has is stealthers having a bit too much freedom in a keep.

I feel people don't want to figure things out or be critical of themselves when they're getting out played. In a game like this, you are going to frequently have to ask yourself what you did wrong or what did you miss. There's imbalance, and that's okay, it will be tweaked, I promise.

My suggestion to everyone who is new, is to ask some questions and do research first before saying there's a massive problem with the game. It's clear McTan didn't ask people around him or here, otherwise things like the speed buff would have been explained quick and easy.

Things will be more clear in the future, thanks for testing, don't assume the worst.

Report this heretic!  Your critical thinking and need for self evaluation aren’t wanted or needed here!  

I agree with every point you made and hopefully since you’re nicer it will be better received.  

Also, we only have a piece of what counter stealth is without tracking systems in the game.  Tracking might make it all for nothing.  Although if tracking is extremely powerful and available without a disc to speacilize in it I will be sad. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fresh meat here. I mean 1 death that I inflicted on myself, never been in a fight fresh.

Granted I've been away for the holidays (still am) but I've spent most of my time trying to scoure these forums, Reddit, the interwebs, and YT for information about the game and the class I'm interested in. I have to say I've been gaming since gaming, and rarely have I ever had so much trouble finding information about a game.

Let me qualify that so I'm not misunderstood. When I ask questions, I get answers, and they're generally solid answers. The community here is great! The issue is this is a different enough game that it's not entirely straightforward what questions should be asked. A lot of this stuff has to be stumbled upon. The learning curve is very shallow and takes a long time.

The rapid nature of updates means that most of the advice found here is out of date. Most YT videos are old and there are few sources that tie together the multiple systems this game uses.

It takes a long time to understand enough to just start focusing on the gameplay. Heck I've spoken to folks who've been in the game a week and didn't know about account training. That's not "git gud" that's poor game mechanics communication. It's about knowing what to ask, not about asking questions. So just reflecting on what you did wrong isn't enough if you don't know there are other options.

While this post doesn't touch stealth, I literally have not seen a single enemy player yet, it does reflect on the potential Old | New player divide.

Just a perspective of a new player here.

Edited by Tooltip
Minor addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tooltip said:

I'm fresh meat here. I mean 1 death that I inflicted on myself, never been in a fight fresh.

Granted I've been away for the holidays (still am) but I've spent most of my time trying to scoure these forums, Reddit, the interwebs, and YT for information about the game and the class I'm interested in. I have to say I've been gaming since gaming, and rarely have I ever had so much trouble finding information about a game.

Let me qualify that so I'm not misunderstood. When I ask questions, I get answers, and they're generally solid answers. The community here is great! The issue is this is a different enough game that it's not entirely straightforward what questions should be asked. A lot of this stuff has to be stumbled upon. The learning curve is very shallow and takes a long time.

The rapid nature of updates means that most of the advice found here is out of date. Most YT videos are old and there are few sources that tie together the multiple systems this game uses.

It takes a long time to understand enough to just start focusing on the gameplay. Heck I've spoken to folks who've been in the game a week and didn't know about account training. That's not "git gud" that's poor game mechanics communication. It's about knowing what to ask, not about asking questions. So just reflecting on what you did wrong isn't enough if you don't know there are other options.

While this post doesn't touch stealth, I literally have not seen a single enemy player yet, it does reflect on the potential Old | New player divide.

Just a perspective of a new player here.

Oh boy, dont get me started on that.

The first deal breaker on info is the completely out of date FAQ. That thing has being that way for years. YEARS!

Another thing is the fact the majority of all the news and changes are never written down. They are all only talked about in their videos. That gets me so damn upset! ACE, nobody's got the time to watch all your videos just to double check your information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Oh boy, dont get me started on that.

The first deal breaker on info is the completely out of date FAQ. That thing has being that way for years. YEARS!

Another thing is the fact the majority of all the news and changes are never written down. They are all only talked about in their videos. That gets me so damn upset! ACE, nobody's got the time to watch all your videos just to double check your information.

Don't get your hopes up. Along with that, they cant fix the devtracker, they cant fix the member online and tinnis has been asking for a long time for them to do something with newsletter, even gave them step by step instructions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Don't get your hopes up. Along with that, they cant fix the devtracker, they cant fix the member online and tinnis has been asking for a long time for them to do something with newsletter, even gave them step by step instructions. 

Yeah.... they dropped the ball hard on all the little stuff that showed they cared.


Eat or be eaten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omen said:

Yeah.... they dropped the ball hard on all the little stuff that showed they cared.

If you hate them so much why are you here?  

They do newsletters, twitch streams, q/a’s; they def don’t care.  The drama here is for real.  It’s still prealpha, tons of more changes coming.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...