Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaoz

Streaming to help new players.

Hello, my name is Kaoz aka The Applejack Bandit. I have streamed this game on and off since around 5.5 but i have never posted my stream on the forums. I have been seeing a lot of new players asking questions in general chat and i always try to help them in anyway i can. I am no where near a master of the game nor am i the best player in the game. However i do know a lot about the game and understand enough to be able to help new players. If you are new or just looking to chill in a stream and want to chat, then stop by at https://www.twitch.tv/korpze777 . I will be streaming most days but i cant stream 12 hours straight like i use to do, due to health problems. Feel free to stop by and ask questions if you are new or if you need any help at all.

I believe in trying to make the community a more positive experience (not that the community is toxic or anything.). The way i see it is if we help the new players, then they will want to stay which in turn will grow the community. I feel like it is our job as players to help with the new player experience and to help keep people playing the game. Yes this is a competitive game but its still pre-alpha. So if we reinforce positivity and help to grow this wonderful community, then there will constantly be more people on and there will be word of mouth about how amazing this game is. 

So feel free to stop by whether you're new and have questions or just want to support one of the games streamers. Hope to see you all soon!

Edited by Kaoz

Watch out for snipers. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, Kaoz said:

Yeah there is 1 player who stream snipes all the time but i aint worried about it. Dealt with stream snipers for years.

Wouldn't streaming be a liability in a game like CF?  It gives the enemy information that they can easily turn against you.  I'm all for streaming I just don't know how it will work in CF.  Who is this famous stream sniper so we can collectively shame him? 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Wouldn't streaming be a liability in a game like CF?  It gives the enemy information that they can easily turn against you.  I'm all for streaming I just don't know how it will work in CF.  Who is this famous stream sniper so we can collectively shame him? 

Yeah i think once the game comes out, then you will have to have like a stream delay or something and cover map etc. For now i dont mind it and i wont do anything to hinder my faction or guilds plans of strategy. As for the stream sniper, I don't want to stoop to his level nor do i want a witch hunt. He isn't the first on this game and wont be the last. He is however the only one i've seen who waits for me to be in a menu or no health from mobs, then ganks me and death shroud camps. However he has yet to beat me in a fair fight so that's good enough for me. Id rather just keep this post positive and about helping new players with my stream though.

Craven banditry deserves nothing but shame from the community.  If he was in my guild I'd have him gelded for such behavior. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

3 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Craven banditry deserves nothing but shame from the community.  If he was in my guild I'd have him gelded for such behavior. 

I agree that in most cases stuff like that and stream sniping is frowned upon but i have no right to be upset about it because i sign up for those interactions as soon as a stream a game. I can take preventative measures to avoid that such as delay, covering map and location, etc, however then it will be harder for me to help new players and that's my main goal as of right now.

12 minutes ago, Kaoz said:

I agree that in most cases stuff like that and stream sniping is frowned upon but i have no right to be upset about it because i sign up for those interactions as soon as a stream a game. I can take preventative measures to avoid that such as delay, covering map and location, etc, however then it will be harder for me to help new players and that's my main goal as of right now.

I also agree, Stream sniping is toxic!