Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Cooking with Valkro - Official discussion thread

First there

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Hi everyone! Thanks again for a fun time and all the great feedback! As promised, here are those tables that I showed earlier for reference on our current recipes, their categories, and their buffs.

Inventory Category Description Buff Amount
Junk Food Specialty recipes that usually have a give and take outcome. food/drink +10
Survival/Basic Lowest category that staves off hunger and rarely has a buff effect with it. food/drink +15
Gratifying Secondary Tier and adds a slight buff. food/drink +20
Hearty and Satisfying Mid-grade recipes with better hunger fill and buffs. food/drink +25
Special and Delicious Highest Tier recipes with the best buffs. The most complex of recipes are in this category. food/drink +35

Food category Food Hanging Effects Type + Food Restore
Cake Junk Food Adds a health boost but limits stamina food +10
Slop Junk Food gives food pool but may cause a minor poison food +10
Wine Junk Food increases stamina but increases rate of hunger drink +10
Mead Junk Food Hunger ticker increase but chance to get dizzy every so often drink +10
chocolate bar Junk Food In combat movement speed, reduces max HP food +10
chocolate milk Junk Food Adds a health boost but limits stamina drink +10
bread Survival - basic Decreases the timer to get into trailblazer 10% (Elves make such delicious bread!) food +15
coffee Survival - basic stamina increase 10 drink +15
Raw Milk Survival - basic Chance of food sickness drink +15
butter Survival - basic Chance to find cutting grit (Homework: Eat A Stick of Butter) food +15
hot peppers Survival - basic Fire damage bonus 2% food +15
Seasoned Mushroom Survival - basic Chance to find soulgems 2% food +15
trail mix Survival - basic Chance to find nuts and worms 3% food +15
mushroom stew/artisan cheese Gratifying increase harvest critical chance +5% food +20
mushroom sandwich/cheese sandwich Gratifying critical harvest critical amount +1 food +20
kebabs Gratifying plentiful harvest +1 for each core harvesting type food +20
bone broth Gratifying Incoming heals by 3% drink +20
bloodworm stew Gratifying Hunger ticker and speed boost food +20
campfire stew Gratifying Mounted Movement speed 5%  food +20
spiced chocolate milk Gratifying increase to elemental damage by 3% drink +20
apple juice Gratifying harvest weak spot by 5% drink +20
carrot juice Gratifying Ranged Powers Shoot +3m (GET IT?? CARROTS MAKE YOU SHOOT FURTHER!!) drink +20
pot pie Hearty and Satisfying grants an extra experimentation pip for x time (+4 basic = +1 to all) food +25
pesto gnocchi Hearty and Satisfying grant the .5 harvesting half pip on each swing food +25
Meat Marsala (all meats, no wildcard) Hearty and Satisfying grants an increase to all songs by 6s food +25
biscuits and gravy Hearty and Satisfying Food Regen Rate for 20 min food +25
meat sandwich Hearty and Satisfying Elemental mitigation buffs for x time - one for each type of element, fire, electric, ice) food +25
Bon Tippers Hearty and Satisfying Experiment Difficulty Modifier for 1 experiment (raise a glass to the clouds to steady your hand) drink +25
steak and potatoes Special and Delicious increases melee power damage by 5% for 20 min food +35
baked ice cream Special and Delicious Chance When dealing damage to proc X AoE Fire split evenly! food +35
ice cream Special and Delicious Chance When using Basic Attack to proc X Ice damage (5m range 35% chance, 20 sec cooldown) food +35
paella Special and Delicious increases ranged power damage by 5% food +35
meat burgundy Special and Delicious Basic attack damage by 10% food +35
pot roast/roasted pig Special and Delicious provides a 3% healing bonus food +35

" Decreases the timer to get into trailblazer 10% (Elves make such delicious bread!) "

How is this done? Do you grind an elf skull into the dough, or is there some sort of leavener you slice off them?

So... Is it true that, all of us who suffered the screen shaking on the first 5.8 tests, will get a milkshake exclusive recipe?
No? What about a "coconuts mount" for the mount prototype with actually no visual mount?
Had to try... :P

@vkromas

It looks like both Boar and Elk Meat Kebabs buff Plentiful Harvest: Stone, but I haven't found any combos for PH: Skinning. Discriminating against us carnivores, or do I need to keep digging? ;)

While making my Kebabs, I found that if you use button mushrooms as the produce along with a meat, you get Mushroom Kebabs. Not a problem, but it was unexpected.

I am trying to prevent myself from getting too caught up on coming up with ideas so I am gonna keep it simple today.

One thing that should be "simple" to implement would be taking body mass into account when eating a recipe. It seems recipes all make a fixed amount of food (there is no small cake, med cake, big cake for example) so It should be reasonable that a 1 meter tall guinecean and a 2 meter tall half-giant show different results upon eating a sandwich.

It has potential to break balance so be careful, but I think it has potential if only to add fun/flavor stuff. I think it would be interesting if guineceans got drunk easier for example.

Okay, another one. Are stoneborns also fond of alcohol? It could be interesting if they got some special interaction with it. I would say normal dwarves dont get drunk easily, but, like Isaid, not sure where stoneborns fall in the dwarves meter.

--

Okay, I just thought of this (damn, here I go again) but it could be interesting to take what the races like to eat into account. I mean, I dont remember seeing anything like this said before, but I would imagine that the guineceans, for example, aren't meat-eaters? So maybe they get some sort of debuff upon eating meat? Maybe half-giants and minotaurs are super into meat and are not so fond of green stuff?

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

Okay, I just thought of this (damn, here I go again) but it could be interesting to take what the races like to eat into account. I mean, I dont remember seeing anything like this said before, but I would imagine that the guineceans, for example, aren't meat-eaters? So maybe they get some sort of debuff upon eating meat? Maybe half-giants and minotaurs are super into meat and are not so fond of green stuff?

I suggested this in the stream -- racial food effects, and special variants of drinks and foods from otherwise unique ingredients, like "Golden Apple Juice" and "Golden Apple Pie". Valkro took notes from a number of peoples' suggestions in twitch chat :) In terms of races, one could also have optional ingredients sometimes add a racial side effect, like a plus for the cooks race, and a minus for the others.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:39 AM, VaMei said:

@vkromas

It looks like both Boar and Elk Meat Kebabs buff Plentiful Harvest: Stone, but I haven't found any combos for PH: Skinning. Discriminating against us carnivores, or do I need to keep digging? ;)

While making my Kebabs, I found that if you use button mushrooms as the produce along with a meat, you get Mushroom Kebabs. Not a problem, but it was unexpected.

Aha! Looks like the wolf meat is supposed to grant the skinning buff, but it is currently giving a wood buff instead. We'll look into that one for sure. Same with the mushroom outcome. Thanks for mentioning it.

Thanks again everyone for making me feel so welcome in my first ever live stream for Crowfall. I very much look forward to integrating some of the new ideas that came up and can't wait for the next one!

Just now, vkromas said:

Aha! Looks like the wolf meat is supposed to grant the skinning buff, but it is currently giving a wood buff instead. We'll look into that one for sure. Same with the mushroom outcome. Thanks for mentioning it.

Thanks again everyone for making me feel so welcome in my first ever live stream for Crowfall. I very much look forward to integrating some of the new ideas that came up and can't wait for the next one!

lol, wolf meat... Wolves drop Big Cat meat. Not hard to tell where they forage for food...

And, IIRC, Mushroom Kebabs give +wood.