Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yoink

Can't get more than 10 PFS in large fights (specs)

I can not get more than 10 FPS in any battles over 15 people. Settings are all on low. Specs below. Others are reporting just fine performance with similar hardware. Any help or potential upgrade recommendations?

AKypwe2.png

CbHZUMW.png

aeei5jG.png

3 hours ago, Yoink said:

I can not get more than 10 FPS in any battles over 15 people. Settings are all on low. Specs below. Others are reporting just fine performance with similar hardware. Any help or potential upgrade recommendations?

AKypwe2.png

CbHZUMW.png

i've had similar spec 1 year before. was the same 10-20 fps in fights with 10+ from both sides. not sure performance raise much since . tried o'clock, default configuration and such. tried gtx 1080 with 2600k. and then upgrage CPU to next gen. still stable 15-20 fps :D

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Yoink,

Try opening the NVIDIA control panel, create a custom "Manage 3d programs" profile mapped to the crowfall exe.  Carefully review each of the 3d settings and force all the settings you can to optimize for performance.  I was able to get a marked improvement in framerates forcing settings from NVIDIA control panel.  Crowfall is still missing alot of the performance optimization settings.  Your 2600k cpu is 7 years old now, its time to upgrade your motherboard, cpu, memory, and graphics card.  If you are not running the game from solid state you will also take a performance hit.  The 970 series video cards are pretty infamous for poor performance and actually have lower than advertised specs, NVIDIA actually offered all 970 chipset owners a voucher towards the purchase of later generation NVIDIA graphics cards.  If you google NVIDIA gtx 970 lawsuit you can read about the issue yourself.  Artcraft is also well aware their game is not performing too well in these larger battles and has promised us more performance optimizations leading up to their first sanctioned campaigns.  We have a guy in our guild who dropped more than 4500 bucks on a state of the art cyber monday rig with the latest 2080ti and his rig was chugging under 30 fps in bigger 3 way fights, that has me a little worried.

If you have an EVGA or MSI card you might also want to go for an overclock... can usually eek out another 150-175mhz overclock without losing stability.  I would not try overclocking the memory on the GTX 970 and leave the voltage at defaults.

I've also had other people in my guild report that basic crowfall graphic setting can actually result in more hitching due to level of detail scaling.  I'd much rather have an opt in/out for LOD scaling, never been a fan of LOD scaling becuase it can cause hitching with the camera.

https://www.pcgamer.com/will-your-cpu-bottleneck-your-graphics-card/

Article has instructions for logging cpu and gpu utilization.  Try logging this data before a big fight so you can see where you are running into potential bottlenecks.  You might also want to gather memory usage too while you are at it.  We saw some memory leak issues at the start of 5.8 snap tests.

Edited by cyjax

yeah I'm running a 2080ti, 9900k, 970 evo nvme hdd, 32gigs 3200mhz RAM and gpu/cpu are on water overclocked and still get FPS drops, i do have my settings on max though, but i dont think scaling it down would even matter

It’s not your systems it’s the game, folks with top end systems are experiencing the same FPS/performance issues. 

I have a 980ti and I haven't had any framerate issues yet. I'd make sure you have the most recent drivers for your GPU.

19 hours ago, NorseLegend said:

I have a 980ti and I haven't had any framerate issues yet. I'd make sure you have the most recent drivers for your GPU.

My game runs fine, 40-80 fps until I hit a nice 30 v 30 fight than I have framerate issues at times. Original poster mentioned battles over 15 people