Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rhana

My grievances with 5.8

I've only experienced 5.8 version, so take it with a grain of salt, but I gotta agree that classes start off way too dull. My friend and I began as Cleric and Druid, whose first talent are both like 20+ second cooldowns? I quickly rerolled. But, thankfully,  my friend stuck it out until promotion class and Archdruid blew our mind! Essence Burn and like 5 new spells? Very fun playstyle.

Apparently the talent system is brand new so, understandably, there's some kinks... But I doubt the average player will have the patience to grind til 15 before just writing off the combat as boring...

(Also the talent column that requires 15 points spent to unlock feels pretty silly since, at least currently, that requires maxing almost everything before it. Two birds one stone fix may be just moving up promotion talents to level 10?)

Edited by ttyl

On 12/27/2018 at 1:49 PM, DocHollidaze said:

After leveling up about a dozen vessels, I can't say I feel a strong sense of ownership of them that I didn't have before. I just feel like I had 20-30 hours of my playtime wasted doing bullsht.

This.

The talent trees are kind of tedious. I really dislike that grave digging is so deep in the excavation tree, but that's just one example... I do like how they did the talent trees and class promotions. I hope that they create more content around those like completing challenges to earn the promotion and/or unique armor skins.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, DocHollidaze said:

After leveling up about a dozen vessels, I can't say I feel a strong sense of ownership of them that I didn't have before. I just feel like I had 20-30 hours of my playtime wasted doing bullsht.

Exactly... because they have watered everything down to a wow clone from listening to the likes of krakken and mandalore.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:48 AM, Rhana said:

To your 2nd: Spirit banking is no option because in the future we won't be able to do it either. Using a box in the world to transfer my armor, wepons, food etc from one char to another... nope. If you want to take that risk when you are out alone in the wilderness, fine with me. But I'd also have to move both chars there. It's just silly. I'm not saying we don't have enough exports and imports. I'm saying I don't want to have to bring a friend or a toon (or use a box like you suggested) to transfer the contents of my inventory to my other char. Not to mention keeping track or what I have banked on which char. If you gather as many different things as I do, keeping track is a nightmare.

Maybe on test I could see why you'd want this. But you have to remember this is a PvP game, meant to be dangerous in most cases. Transferring great gear in Shadowbane was always done through either trusted friend, or hiding and moving stuff and quickly logging to get it again. You're not supposed to get what you want on one character and transfer with impunity to anyone in your roster. Just be glad there is no thief class.

7 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Maybe on test I could see why you'd want this. But you have to remember this is a PvP game, meant to be dangerous in most cases. Transferring great gear in Shadowbane was always done through either trusted friend, or hiding and moving stuff and quickly logging to get it again. You're not supposed to get what you want on one character and transfer with impunity to anyone in your roster. Just be glad there is no thief class.

I can’t wait till there is a thief discipline.  The tears, o it will be glorious. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:26 AM, Omen said:

Exactly... because they have watered everything down to a wow clone from listening to the likes of krakken and mandalore.

Oh ya, because WoW was the first game to implement leveling /sarcasm

Even Shadowbane, which most of this is based on, had leveling. When you first started the game at release and no one knew what they were doing it took a long time, when you were a veteran it took less than a day. 

The process could use some tweaking, but not having a sense of growth AT ALL from actively playing the game is wonderful. I don't want to be the same Ranger as everyone else with very few swapped out abilities that are different.

Shadowbane leveling gave you the points to pick and train abilities to flesh your character out. Everything in this game is just granted, except for negligible, boring minor stat boosts. 

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year. 

Honestly, let's get this out the way. Leveling is boring. Straight up. Nobody wants to spend 3-10 hours a day between skilling and leveling and MOST of us, work 9-5 jobs, so finding downtime to actually play and enjoy the game is hard enough, some of us also have kids. (Not me. Lol.) Not to badmouth the devs, but I feel this is more or less being geared towards jobless neets who will do nothing but grind for 30-40 hours every week.  While those of us who actually have lives outside of Crowfall will only be able to doing maybe 1/8th of what the jobless players are doing.

And I'm gonna say this much, I grinded it out in FFXI and Albion Online, I don't want to have to do that same nonsense in Crowfall, as that is why I even pledged in the first place. NO LEVELING! Opening up Disc to experimenting players was great, and I get it, it's for the Alpha, but this leveling system has got to go, it simply gates people and new players up and quit very often since they have no idea on what to do, even if there is a guide. Also this game barely has PvE elements to begin with, when PvP is going to be the primary focus along with fighting over resources, which is as close to PvE as we're going to get. Come release, guilds are going to be more concerned about rushing to level cap, then grinding it out and gearing up their top players. *COUGHZYBAKCOUGH* So let's be rid of this dumb leveling system and figure out something else. Not sure what yet, but something that doesn't require %ExpUntilNextLevel scripting please. It would be different if the devs littered the map with mobs all over for exping on, but mob camps are so far in-between, it's nuts. 

Nothing but open space between maps where mobs could possibly be for farming exp on. If you want to incorporate this into PvP with low-level skirmishes over mobs, feel free. Just don't make it an absolute damn chore. The only viable way to level is off frames and we all know how that goes. I'm not investing the time to do it either. Just not worth it every camp.

Edited by RhapsodyDownpour