Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beandip

guess whos back, back again

hey guys the beandip is back with a brand new edition

i thought 5.6 was complete garbage...skipped 5.7 cause it was too similar...

so here i am at 5.8

im like cool, talents trees- doing something right

im like cool, smoother combat- doing something right

im like cool, starter zone- dope dope.

im like cool time cookies skill farming- dope, ill be back in 2 weeks when its maxed out. :angry:

Hey

no one likes time cookies? can we PLEASE stop making this so bloody painful?

shoot some hate at me? but come on... no one wants to meet a cookie and eat it a week later.

Want to blow up general chat on the server ? just start talking about the skill tree, see how many people hate it.

so i can't talk a bunch of poop on the game without offering a better idea.

so.. how about.. just get rid of the skill tree completely and give everyone 1 branch... or.. maybe .5 .5 branch?

give people some options? maybe progress the skill tree with leveling up?

idk bro's help me out here.

Edited by beandip

The passive skill tree farming. aka known as eve online

the thing that will be maxed out in 4 years but i lost interest in on day one.

Edited by beandip

1 hour ago, beandip said:

The passive skill tree farming. aka known as eve online

the thing that will be maxed out in 4 years but i lost interest in on day one.

It's always been part of CF's vision?

10 hours ago, MJayed said:

and the trolling has begun

Did it ever really end? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

im not trolling. id say a vast majority of the players don't like the skill tree system.

the unique customization of talent for individual characters > yes thats good.

time cookies-> not good.

How about we don't knock off Eve's skill tree system IT'S boring... really boring. i believe. I BELIEVE you guys can do much much better than this.

My expectations for this game are really high. i'd hate to be disappointed.

Edited by beandip

10 minutes ago, beandip said:

im not trolling. id say a vast majority of the players don't like the skill tree system.

the unique customization of talent for individual characters > yes thats good.

this time cooki skill tree that makes me wait forever to get my crafting and exploration thats a turn off to me, and if its a turn off to me.... then well... just throwing a bone to you guys.

It was right when i was starting to think damn. this game is getting fun. i might decide to play this instead of ALL the other options i have.

I mean....everything is on the same curve. You're literally not forced into waiting at all, that's your choice. You can still harvest and craft with the lower skills, plus to grt in to the meat of a crafting/harvesting tree is incredibly short and you only need to do it once.

Its not like you have to wait for anything. You just get better at doing things gradually....almost like a power curve or something. 

But good troll. 5/7

jesus christ im saying that it's not worth my time. i have better things to do. my times worth more than yours so im more disgruntled off than you obviously

i'll skip the insults.

i played all through 5.6 i played when i had 0 skills all the way to max.

when i had 0 skills trained the game had correlation of being less fun.

when it was maxed i had a correlation of more fun.

im saying i won't play unless im maxed out. its not worth my time.

good old justicar. love your help.

Edited by beandip

19 hours ago, excellz said:

It's always been part of CF's vision?

The original presented "vision" and versions we've had access to over the years are not like EVE's beyond the superficial similarity of you click stuff and wait for numbers to go up over time. Beyond that, the main passive system and others that play along with it in EVE are not what Crowfall has tried to replicate or improve upon.

i was legit, feeling addicted. when i started 5.8. as soon as i realized it was the same skill tree system... it turned me off and i decided to play something else.

I LOVE the progress the developers have made. i'm just throwing words and poking around to see if anyone has any better ideas than this passive skill system that multiple people have discussed as being mediocre at best on the forums or.. are the devs really happy with what they have in place?

2 hours ago, beandip said:

jesus christ im saying that it's not worth my time. i have better things to do. my times worth more than yours so im more disgruntled off than you obviously

i'll skip the insults.

i played all through 5.6 i played when i had 0 skills all the way to max.

when i had 0 skills trained the game had correlation of being less fun.

when it was maxed i had a correlation of more fun.

im saying i won't play unless im maxed out. its not worth my time.

good old justicar. love your help.

But the gameplay is almost literally the same regardless of what skills you have maxed. You're still harvesting ore and you're still crafting axes or whatever. You're still fighting other people. You're still contributing to the victory of the campaign. 

I find it silly you want the system revamped because you want to do something and see orange iron right away instead of doing the exact same thing and seeing white iron...for like some months. You get the exact same out of your time gameplay wise, its just lower on a relative power curve. 

Edited by Jjusticar

everything takes proportionately longer. so i do not get the exact same out of my time. plus this passive skill system puts new people at a huge disadvantage -facts

opinions- its basic and i think it could be done better

Edited by beandip

1 hour ago, beandip said:

everything takes proportionately longer. so i do not get the exact same out of my time. plus this passive skill system puts new people at a huge disadvantage -facts

opinions- its basic and i think it could be done better

But it really doesnt if you are doing activities suited to your current training level. Thats how its designed. 

I mean, I guess it puts people at a disadvantage but how is that different than any other MMORPG when someone starts after another person? Not to mention ACE already addressed that fact.

But I mean, its not worth arguing since you dont get the overarching design and structure of the system within the game

well some truth to what you say, i just don't think it should be impossible to catch up though

i shouldn't be limited based on my passive ticker.

Edited by beandip

27 minutes ago, beandip said:

well some truth to what you say, i just don't think it should be impossible to catch up though

i shouldn't be limited based on my passive ticker.

Its not impossible to catch up. Skill times are still a thing giving new players the opportunity to catch up to, but not surpass, the people who started second 1 after launch

7 hours ago, beandip said:

i decided to play something else.

Good, stay there.  Your constant whinging and need to lair under busy bridges isn’t wanted here.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png