Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beandip

guess whos back, back again

real professional, i offer constructive feedback, avoid the insults and stick with the topic

I even have a trophy for the most liked content SLOW CLAP FOR ME BRO, so how about you get your thumb out of your ass and look at the issue,

we are "all" trying to make the game better.

Edited by beandip

3 hours ago, beandip said:

real professional, i offer constructive feedback, avoid the insults and stick with the topic

I even have a trophy for the most liked content SLOW CLAP FOR ME BRO, so how about you get your thumb out of your ass and look at the issue,

we are "all" trying to make the game better.

The guy you're talking to has 8 of those.

I have 16 of them.

If you're using trophies for likes as some sort of qualifier you're not only committing the fallacy of appeal to popularity but you're not even doing that very well.

I don't think you grasp the utility of the current form of passive trains and why they are a crucial component of a functioning economy. Sometimes your fun is less important than the fun of everyone as a whole. Passive training exists to prevent grinding and ensure specialization. That's it. its not supposed to be fun. its supposed to keep you from doing everything yourself so you need to rely on other players. Were you able to simply grind out those trees you'd have all of them. That completely kills any necessity for trade in a game in which resources are plentiful in supply by design and primarily limited by who can use them.

The other alternative is to make the resources and crafting regs rare in stead, which is, quite frankly, a terrible time for anyone who actually wants to spend most of their time harvesting or crafting, and a terrible mark up for anyone that just wants to buy poorly made socks because of the lack of supply.

You are effectively asking for a grindier game with less loot.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

cool i can see a passive skill tree for crafting and exploration with that type of argument.         combat tree though? since everyone would have the same advantage at when maxed out its only purpose is to put new people at disadvantage. 

I don't like it. others don't like it.  there's some truth to what your saying .... i think There is a BETTER way to do it.

oh and i could care less about the trophies , its more of a case and point that my topics are relevant for those "troll " attackers.

Edited by beandip

cool i can see a passive skill tree for crafting and exploration with that type of argument.         combat tree though? since everyone would have the same advantage at when maxed out its only purpose is to put new people at disadvantage. 

I don't like it. others don't like it.  there's some truth to what your saying .... i think There is a BETTER way to do it.

oh and i could care less about the trophies , its more of a case and point that my topics are relevant for those "troll " attackers.

Who are these people that you speak of?  I don't see any of them posting here....

:huh:

The combat tree exists, specifically, to ensure that every single person isn't a crafter/harvester.

It has the same exact purpose as the other trees. To mandate specialization. If you still combat, you're obviously not skilling both crafting and harvesting. You're also better at fighting than those that are.

PopeSigGIF.gif

meh alright. i'll go with it.  good chat.

i do enjoy the game, i just hate waiting.

honestly id like to see everyone get one tree of their choosing up to a certain point.

i think it would be a good edition and mitigate the long waiting period for stalls and certain things to come about.

Edited by beandip

12 minutes ago, beandip said:

mitigate the long waiting period for stalls and certain things to come about.

What is the waiting period for stalls?

IhhQKY6.gif

stalls, crafting blacksmithing. even with vip it takes a couple weeks to complete paths.. maybe longer. and thats just opening

by giving everyone a single path it would support the "not grinding " and " needing others" and reduce the ridiculously long period of waiting to start doing anything.

*shrugs

just food for thought

Edited by beandip

2 minutes ago, beandip said:

stalls, crafting blacksmithing. even with vip it takes a couple weeks to complete paths.. maybe longer. and thats just opening

by giving everyone a single path it would support the "not grinding " and " needing others"

*shrugs

just food for thought

You don't unlock recipes with passive training anymore.

IhhQKY6.gif

oh realllyyyyy :blink: ... doesn't seem that way "recipes unlocked"  looking at it right now >.>

idk man, maybe im just super salty cause its the 3rd wipe and im sick of waiting for the skill tree to finish

wasn't too bad the first go around, there was enough new things to keep me satisfied to a certain point....

now its just too bloody painful

im sure it will be fine on launch, id just like to see some spice to it >.>

Edited by beandip

1 hour ago, beandip said:

oh realllyyyyy :blink: ... doesn't seem that way "recipes unlocked"  looking at it right now >.>

The skills are still there but you can unlock the recipes with crafting disciplines. You don't have to wait.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, beandip said:

idk man, maybe im just super salty cause its the 3rd wipe and im sick of waiting for the skill tree to finish

wasn't too bad the first go around, there was enough new things to keep me satisfied to a certain point....

now its just too bloody painful

im sure it will be fine on launch, id just like to see some spice to it >.>

Equip blacksmithing discipline

Congratulations, you know all blacksmithing recipies.

PopeSigGIF.gif

13 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Takes too much work, easier to cry about it.  

They gutted the skill trees; it would have created a caste system based of the age of your account.  This is still a huge work in progress and that means you’re going to need to be patient.  It’s only been a few years, expect a few more if you want a game of quality. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

17 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

eh even if i could i wouldn't . i would not waste hard earn resources without specialization points in black smithing, i'd simply stock pile everything into my bank until i had a decent amount of experimentation points or toss the mats to someone else

11 minutes ago, beandip said:

eh even if i could i wouldn't . i would not waste hard earn resources without specialization points in black smithing, i'd simply stock pile everything into my bank until i had a decent amount of experimentation points or toss the mats to someone else

What exactly are you going to do with all those experimentation points making common tier items? They max out at 4 points.

You can literally max out common crafting with no skills. If that's not a sufficient "just to get started" for you... what is?

PopeSigGIF.gif

im not going to make anything. im going to wait till my blacksmith tree is complete and my exploration tree in mining is adequate.

just a matter of preference and enjoyment for me

anything common imo is a waste of time.

i thoroughly enjoy the game more when my skill tree is complete and not prior to it.

Edited by beandip

Lol you complain and then you’re idea of playing is to not play? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png