Find results that contain...
Find results in...
higgins

NO CASH SHOP!

Do you want a cash shop?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a cash shop?

• Yes I want a cash shop.
    • Yes I want a cash shop that ONLY sells personal cosmetic items.
    • No I do not want a cash shop.

I voted for "No I do not want a cash shop". I used to be for cosmetic/fluff items in cash shops but then it becomes a slippery slope and lines become blurred sometimes and then later crossed and then before you know it there are P2W(ish) features added.

So you're wanting to pay for a subscription? I don't mind paying monthly. I also don't mind free to play if the cash shop is done correctly. 

So you're wanting to pay for a subscription? I don't mind paying monthly. I also don't mind free to play if the cash shop is done correctly. 

If the game is fun, I will do either of the above but I would much rather play a subscription based game than a F2P game. I know that you have seen almost every MMO under the sun, so we both have witnessed free to play games that initially had their cash shop done correctly but then slowly turn into something other than the initial version. I have heard the numbers of what some players  whales pay for RNG lockboxes and items like those and I can't say that I am surprised that games have them, but I just don't want to take the chance if I don't have to. Then there is the whole issue of gold spammers, exploiters and the like who don't care if their account is banned knowing they can make another one for free. There are definitely pros and cons to any system so it should be interesting to see the route they take.

On another note I am a full believer that mounts, pets, costumes, armor dyes, hair styles, hair colors, eye colors, and little odds and ends is the best way to go with a cash shop. People love the little things in life and it makes it fair to those who can't afford them. Sure they won't get pretty things but they can still play and feel like it's fair. Pretty costumes don't make another player better.

Oh, I do agree that cash shops can go wrong at any time. There is always that chance and that fear. But I personally think if a game goes F2P it's best not to automatically freak out and assume the worst possible items will be sold. You know?

I agree, despite many of us being burned in the past I generally give the benefit of the doubt to game developers and publishers until I am given a reason not to.

On another note I am a full believer that mounts, pets, costumes, armor dyes, hair styles, hair colors, eye colors, and little odds and ends is the best way to go with a cash shop. 

To explain my thoughts a little better, I love having a Cash Shop with fluff/cosmetic/novelty items like the above as long as the shop has conditions.

1. The Cash Shop only sells the above items that you mentioned along with a few other possible exceptions. I will always be against having BIS gear, consumables, ingredients etc come from a cash shop.
2.  The purchased mounts, pets, costumes, armor dyes, hair styles, hair colors, eye colors, and little odds and ends can all be purchased directly and not hidden behind a RNG lockbox. I actually wouldn't be opposed to RNG lockboxes as long as the items are fluff and can ALSO be purchased by themselves as well.
3. Any item that is bought from the Cash Shop is bound to the player who bought it or who it was gifted to.
Edited by noobzilla_youtube

I want a cash shop that enables me to buy fully leveled characters for the price of a monthly subscription.

That's if there's any leveling at all in the game.

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

What is the point of having an in-depth crafting system and have those items unique, if someone can just buy some flaming sword in the cash shop:( If there is some cash shop don't make items meaningless in my opinion by thinking it is harmless to sell skins. 

Cash Shop is fine, if only Style Gear is in. Like GW2

I haven't played since the Friends & Family Alpha as a core tester back in Feb/March of 2012 so I might not remember it correctly but couldn't you buy Gems in GW2 and then sell those Gems for gold? I can't say that I am a fan of Cash Shops with items like that.

Personally, I also wouldn't want a purely cosmetic cash shop either. It detracts from recognizing the players that spent countless hours and hard work getting gear that makes them look cool if you can get something from the cash shop that looks better. I remember in MMOs grinding dungeons or pvp or crafting to get that cool looking armor that set me apart from everyone else. Or seeing someone with a cool piece of gear that I then wanted to work hard to get. Have a cosmetic cash shop and the hard work to look cool is gone if you can just pay $5 for the sweetest looking armor ever.

Having a cash shop also risks going into Pay to Win territory. Have items that give stats even if temporarily? Pay to Win. Have items that you can then sell or trade and make in game money by spending money? Pay to Win. Have items that take away from crafting and player economy, such as furniture, potions, clothing, etc? Pay to Win. 

They already have 20,000 people signed up with little to no information. With more updates that number will probably go up. 20,000 people spending $15 a month brings in $300,000 a month of steady income. 

I'm curious how all those people that voted no cash shop think ACE are going to make enough money to keep the servers open for longer than 12 months and pay for any content patches/changes?

I think to poll should include a "no cash shop but subscription fee" option.

Edited by Slink

I think to poll should include a "no cash shop but subscription fee" option.

Not exactly a viable option any longer, is it?

I like cash shops for purely cosmetic items, like Tera had.  (If they've since changed, my apologies.)  Generally cash shop items don't look "better" or "cooler" than high end in-game items, and if there are restrictions on the items new characters cannot use them.  And, even if so, so what?  If someone has less time but more money to dedicate, why should they not have the opportunity to look as "cool" as someone who doesn't pay a dime but plays all day long?

I dislike cash shops as much as the next guy.  But if they are only selling acount or character bound cosmetics and VIP tickets I have zero problems with them.  People go crazy over cosmetics and Artcraft needs cash.  I think its a win win here.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I want to buy land in the Cash Shop, not the land rush like game (Archeage..)

With money? I want to buy land with coin, and I want the land to be nearly impossible to buy on your own

Edgy