Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/26/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

35 minutes ago, moneda said:

If a Confessor knocks up an NPC/mob and it dies to fall damage the Fessor gets 0 EXP and the body (and its loot!) disappears. Feels bad man.

seems like its a knock up bug then, same if u kill a mob with the knockup trap as a ranger. body is gone didnt check exp but pretty sure its the same.

like fall dmg isnt rewarding a killing blow

- The default placement of Fae pupils while they're idle is what I can only seem to describe currently as "derpy." 🤔  

PGdM2JD.png

- Tying the color of Elken noses to their fur color seems like an okay way to go about it, but some of the color combinations seem weird, especially as they also seem to have a metallic tint. A reddish coat with a green nose seems to make sense to me, but in-game it looks... robot-ish. I'd have much preferred this Elken to have a nose the same color as its horns (also this fur color seemed more red in the character creator).

H8pE5hp.png

Bugs:

- I don't get how there can be a discrepancy between how much a sacrifice is supposedly worth and how much we actually get for it, especially when both values are represented in the same window. 

azxINJb.png

- Applying Crowd Control to a mob before attacking, denying it the ability to reach you as if you were somewhere it could not path to, can force it to reset its HP constantly until the CC wears off.

1 hour ago, nenju said:

seems like its a knock up bug then, same if u kill a mob with the knockup trap as a ranger. body is gone didnt check exp but pretty sure its the same.

like fall dmg isnt rewarding a killing blow

2 hours ago, moneda said:

If a Confessor knocks up an NPC/mob and it dies to fall damage the Fessor gets 0 EXP and the body (and its loot!) disappears. Feels bad man.

Falldmg just simply follow the rule as guards do :"If they do 50%+ dmg or if they do the killingblow, bodies disappear and loot/exp is denied". I guess this is intended

1 hour ago, DocHollidaze said:

I suspect, but cannot yet prove, that Ranger bombs occasionally pull the owner of the bombs out of stealth (Ranger Brigand).

They're supposed to destealth you when they detonate, or do you mean something else?

At the Order beachhead, twice I have been spawned into the game on top of the cave, and my first movement is to fall to my death through the hole in the roof. 

There is a problem with the Elekin charge ability. When it goes off, the monsters take some damge, then they get knocked into the air and fly arround, but sometimes after they land, they are back at full health. You can also knoch monsters up to high positions where you can`t reach them any more sometimes.

Brief feedback on knights
They dont seem to be in as good as they were say 2 campaigns ago, i feel the defensive abilities are not scaling aswell as offensiveness on classes. atleast in this stage of the game maybe when there realy well geared they might but yeah i dont think there in a great spot when there getting hit for 2k-3k with physical attacks when they have 8k hp with no way to sustain themselfs like alot of the other tanks have some form of self healing usualy (We do have that passive but it doesnt do too much) only way u realy survive for any amount of tima now is holding down right click and charging away when your out of stam lol there more of an annoyance atm i feel with the chain pull and some CC but thats bout it.
I feel like there slowly being left behind as game progresses (Am using a blue vessel so up to date on gear reasonable well too)

Other thoughts.
Attack power and Support power combination for ingots/planks would be nice for paladins since a bunch of there healing comes from dealing dmg and the only option for both dmg and healing boost is support with crit chance/dmg.

Not as much open world pvp atm since it hard to tell when points are being captured in the area and they can be random and there very little reason to farm mobs now that people have discovered the stone mason frame crafting for XP which you can get everything from temple for it.

Out of the 3 tree you can pick with passive skill gain i feel harvesting tree are the least impactful since you can harvest very well as a combat toon swaping disc out, i would like to see more bonuses like equiping advanced gather gear deep in the tree (The gather gear should give harvesting amount bonus on since you neffed that stat to the ground cause it was to OP since you could get alot of it without realy going down harvesting lines. adding it back via equipment that can only be equiped when gather spec deep in the line i feel would be a good solution. and promote gatherers a little more. Once you get rare drops unlocked which is fairly early in there not much point to push it further over combat or crafting.z

Bugs : 

• Not sure it's intendend but you can stack camouflage (wood elf racial) + swift pack mount and so that make you a speedy gonzales invisible
  • Timer and season information are bugged in the Ui element on bottom right
  • Chat : sometimes when i log on, the general tab disappear, in the system chat it says i join the general chat then i leave the general chat, even if i've done nothing for it and so i loose the general tab. Relaunching sometimes fix the problem
  • Had a disconnection, wasn't able to log back on character (saif no scenario was found), log on another char, used the runegate and was then connected to the other character who got disconnected.
  • Master of rapier doesn't work for Ranger, it's still stated as a Duelist only discipline when crafted

Duelist : 

• Rapid fire is not working, when trying to use it said need a pistol, even if you have one equiped (rapier + pistol)

Ranger/Warden spec : 

• Not sure of the interest to give piercing/crushing bonus when we can't equip any mace/piercing weapons (except bow)

It seems that Plate wearers > all. 

Heals was not suppossed to be like in every other games, but in fact it's now like in every others games and the disciplines who are suppossed to be anti heals (like black mask) are too weak to be worth it.

Poisoner still suck (poison tick for ~3 or 4 damage :blink:) would have been a good counter to plate but no, it sucks.

If you want to start sanctioned campaign you'll need to make a pass on some balance because some specs looks way over the rest.

Edited by Gorwald

Because a good part of the game now is capping forts/ towers and outposts and they are all protected by NPC archers. Most people run Scarecrow in PVP to minimize the piercing damage they take.

This also has the effect of making characters that specialize in piercing damage useless in PVP.

Please consider changing the guards to a random combination of NPC’s like the old camps or at least with a blend of Confessors and rangers.

or make the rangers use crushing/ slashing / fire arrows at random.

within the "grave specialization" i noticed the following after following the Elven grave part.

not sure if its just a tooltip issue or if its actually giving wood inventory bonus too

LReUNfi.jpg

56 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Because a good part of the game now is capping forts/ towers and outposts and they are all protected by NPC archers. Most people run Scarecrow in PVP to minimize the piercing damage they take.

This also has the effect of making characters that specialize in piercing damage useless in PVP.

Please consider changing the guards to a random combination of NPC’s like the old camps or at least with a blend of Confessors and rangers.

or make the rangers use crushing/ slashing / fire arrows at random.

I use scarecrow cause most players use daggers it seems. Also mole hunter cause most players are assasins or stealth rangers.
Rangers can use crushing/slashing/fire/ice arrows btw you need to craft them via blacksmithing for head and woodworking for shafts (Or a magic quiver)

From what it seems that certain classes ( Templar/Champion ) can solo take forts with and without scarecrow while also fighting mulitple players. To be honest Forts should be a lot harder to take and should not be taken solo. Should atleast need a group of 5 ( hence the faction based gameplay ). It also seems the factions are very one sided as well. Most players on NA typically run Order so the other 2 factions suffer because theres no numbers to fight against it. THe one thing that sucks about factions ( similiar to swg in its prime ) is when one faction does better than the other next time when theres a choice more and more people flock to the side that won or seemed to have had more players thus basically killing off the other factions. I'd hate to see this here as well but it seems that with the faction based gameplay one faction is picking up the majority of the players and the other 2 seem to just die off because they can't fight/farm anything and then either stop playing or wait for next campaign so they can choose the winning faction thus further killing the idea of faction based gameplay

Edited by siunotaco