Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/26/18

Things that are needed:
The ability to see group members on the map and dropping a POI. 
Faction Chat
Special Font/Text/Color for top 10 of faction
More additions to the gameplay loop. DAoC had the realm dungeon and relics as well as pvp ranks. This doesnt seem to have a loop except pvp forever which will get boring quick enough. I enjoy the game but it definitely needs something. Right now it has no longevity in my opinion. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gog said:

Things that are needed:
The ability to see group members on the map and dropping a POI. 
Faction Chat
Special Font/Text/Color for top 10 of faction
More additions to the gameplay loop. DAoC had the realm dungeon and relics as well as pvp ranks. This doesnt seem to have a loop except pvp forever which will get boring quick enough. I enjoy the game but it definitely needs something. Right now it has no longevity in my opinion. 

Yes you are spot on @Gog - I also notice creature camps give too little experience gains compare to Sacrifice values of crafted items like wood or stone Frames.  We have /alliance chat now if you type it like that, but that is not well known and should be mentioned in the UI. 

It lack core design content to accuqire viable PvP items with a different methods than just crafting it, and POI is needed on the map. It will not be Quests in this game like WoW, but it need dragons or other dangerous creatures which might be random world events with fearsome creatures who hoard legendary treasure drops and other viable PvP items you can use in world sandbox PvP without crafting the item. 

Edited by mythx

This game is nowhere near ready for the first sanctioned CW.

In last night night's siege, I couldn't get out any door of the keep, so I ran up to the tree of life to defend.  I hung out there for 3 mins, then I got teleported well outside the wall and killed.  From looking at my video of the incident, and other people's videos of the incident, it appears I got desync'd trying to get out the gate (ie, the server thought I did, but didn't tell my client).  So the whole 3+ mins I was running around inside the keep on my screen, I was actually running into walls and stuff outside the keep, until some enemy took pity on me and chain-pulled me into their army.  The chain-pull re-sync'd my client, and I was able to witness my death.

At the best of times, sieges are a slideshow.  You guys really need to hold off on the big "sanctioned CW - come see how ready we are for primetime" thing until you're actually ready.

Sieges end far too quickly. The window for these events is an hour but most battles are decided in seconds. The Tree of Life and all the bane trees and siege equipment need HP boosts and/or defensive stat increases. There needs to be time for a back-and-forth fight and that is not happening right now.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, moneda said:

Sieges end far too quickly. The window for these events is an hour but most battles are decided in seconds. The Tree of Life and all the bane trees and siege equipment need HP boosts and/or defensive stat increases. There needs to be time for a back-and-forth fight and that is not happening right now.

I was thinking the same thing the other night: The trees go down way too fast. Wearing common gear I was able to deal serious damage to one tree solo, while the heard spent more time moving between the other two than actually attacking them.

Edited by VaMei

1 hour ago, mythx said:

Yes you are spot on @Gog - I also notice creature camps give too little experience gains compare to Sacrifice values of crafted items like wood or stone Frames.  We have /alliance chat now if you type it like that, but that is not well known and should be mentioned in the UI. 

It lack core design content to accuqire viable PvP items with a different methods than just crafting it, and POI is needed on the map. It will not be Quests in this game like WoW, but it need dragons or other dangerous creatures which might be random world events with fearsome creatures who hoard legendary treasure drops and other viable PvP items you can use in world sandbox PvP without crafting the item. 

The XP given for frames will be nerfed. Mobs give gold in addition to XP which can then be sacrificed. A single R9/R10 mob can give you 200 to 350 XP between the XP for killing it, the gold it drops, and any other stuff you might sacrifice.

Champion - Alpha Warrior

Furious stomp consumes Dominance pips but doesn't give Alpha Warrior crit buff, making sure to land the abilities on targets. In fact it seems generally buggy where consuming pips doesn't always grant the buff in general. 

Don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but there's a bug where when Vengeance (Conqueror) ends, it drops your health to 1 point.  It happens so frequently that the buff is essentially a liability, unusable in any situation where even minor damage can be incurred.

THIS BREAKS THE CLASS!

Please look into this bug.  Don't make me play Battle Rager -- or worse, Pitfighter Champion.

Can't enter EU campaign. NA character works fine, but EU just comes up w "no scenarios found" even though the world is definitely still active.

Noticed Issues: 

• Monsters killed while a knockdown effect is active will stand back up before falling down dead.
  • If a risen warrior is lured away from its spawn location the corpse will sometimes teleport back to that location mid harvest
  • Risen warriors will shamble all over the place during combat. Sometimes they'll shamble toward you to engage, othertimes they'll shamble in the opposite direction. 
  • Chantrelle mushrooms in particular often spawn mid-air when placed on/near slopes. Issue sometimes affects other plants/basic rocks as well.
  • Monsters attacked w a leap will maintain position relative to Champion by scuttling along the landscape in sync. Probably direction/distance from Champion should change during leap.
  • Dead monsters near resources often cause harvesting issues. In the following picture, attempting to skin the shadow wolf in the foreground produced the results of trying to skin the limestone node in the background: Link to example image bc the in forum uploader is being a pita 
  • As shown in the above image, the effect occurs even at a moderate distance. Annoyingly, if one is a particularly high level (R7 cat) it can block access to the other (R2 copper) entirely.
  • Might or might not be a bug but sometimes monster nodes will spawn right beside outposts. I've not witnessed an outpost being lost as a result of this but the guards do get locked into an eternal murder cycle. Not a big deal, and kinda amusing in it's own way. 
  • At last check, EK still inaccessible for some reason.

Minor Improvements:

• There could be some kind of visible difference between chests in the wild that have just been looted and chests that have not.
  • Ability to place map markers would be nice - so for that matter would be having outposts names visible from the map as well having a mini-map and shareable group map
  • If you ESC out of the crafting and spirit bank screens at the same time, it would be nice if opening the inventory didn't automatically bring up bring up the J and B screens as well.
  • I'd drop the import limit on the spirit bank, personally. Export seems fine.
  • I think it might work better to make all crafting disciplines minor disciplines to make it easier to multi-craft in the future (or release extra major discipline slots at a moderately low level).

I decided it might be nice to make myself more armour yesterday and the amount of back-and-forth crafting I'd need feels excessive as a new player with only one major discipline slot open. And that's while discipline recipes are essentially free.

Speaking of - and this might be a holdover from previous iterations - to craft leather armour you need the lacing sinews recipe. The lacing sinews recipe can't be learned until you've progressed through the crafting tree. Having half the major recipes for a craft as a Discipline and half as a Skill seems confusing. Maybe have the minor 'X technique' craft skills be replaced by a minor 'X basics' discipline containing component recipes and the major disciplines contain the full recipes (if the crafting recipes do stay as major disciplines) would be a clearer fix? The contents of the 'x technique' discipline could then become the new skill.
  • If the guard towers were a little higher it might be nice. Makes it easier to see if they're actually taller than the hills. Alternatively, some kind of fix so that - if there's a hill next to a valley - the tower spawns on top of the hill and not down in the valley. That's just fussiness though, doesn't really impact anything.
  • I feel like armour mitigation values could be a tad higher? Not excessively, but the values feel off somehow. Spitballing, but a 20% increase?
  • For the dead of winter, the landscape was still fairly fruitful. This might be because player numbers are still relatively low per campaign, but perhaps increase the amount of winter areas a little?
  • I think chasms need to be marked on the map in a slightly different colour. They're kinda hard to differentiate rn. Bridges over them could be cool on a graphic level too, even if that does kinda defeat the purpose of a chasm - although it might also serve to funnel players towards each other. Objection withdrawn if they'll be future-traversable water areas.
  • I believe hovertext is planned but a 'mouse-over button' might be nice too (if not already also planned). The ability to push ... I think ALT isn't used atm? And bring up my mouse to hover over hotbar items/manually scroll chat/etc sounds convenient.

Major Changes:

• Flying as a Crow was a disaster. Controls didn't feel intuitive at all, or perhaps simple weren't working? Whatever I tried, I could barely stop myself nosediving into the landscape.

Molon Labe - reflects healing as damage back to healers. Also damages a druid using Natures avatar. I'm not sure if it's all healing or direct vs area but it definitely reflects the healing.

After playing with the ranger for some time and discovering they have a LMB damage combo, it seems the dmg with the combo is now working. If hitting all fully charged bow shots that do not crit, it should be impossible to hit less with your third shot than your first or second yet I see it happen many times. On hit effects like bleed and stuns are occurring but not the correct damage, am only I noticing this?

WM3vGct.png