Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/26/18

Can whatever number used for the range check be floored? i.e. Standing at 25.9 meters is valid for a power with 25 meter range, and only 26.0 meters is considered out of range. (this would make more sense, since the reticle range doesn't report decimals)

Hey @jtoddcoleman & @thomasblair I know most (if not all) of these are probably on the slate for 6.0, but considering the first "sanctioned" campaign is going to be fought and won in 5.8 I'd really like to see these changes happen in this build before that:

- Locking disciplines to vessels
- Requiring a runecrafter craft major disciplines (even from dust & ore if not from NPC drops)
- Locking out Spirit Bank access from any/everywhere in the world

Mana Shield from Master of Focus is considered a Barrier for the Shield Breaker Dispel Barrier

BUT that does not remove the Mana Shield Buff so it doesn't actually remove the Barrier.

Righteous Shield from Sanctifier Confessor is NOT Considered a Barrier for the Shield Breaker Dispel Barrier-this should be fixed.
Dispel Barrier does not hit, does not Knock Down and does not end the Righteous Barrier Buff on the Target.
Righteous Shield from Sanctifier Confessor should very likely have some form of internal cooldown preventing the 8s Shield from reapplying so often. As it is you can keep refreshing it usually before it drops off depending on the situation.

Battle Chant from Holy Avenger does not show Flytext or Combat log entries.
Battle Chant from Holy Avenger is spamming the cast on the casters screen for the duration of the buff
There is a similar issue with regards to the Reflect Firewalker, Militant Mage and Scarecrow powers, likely some others.

Tower Shields do not have an in game model, nor are the Attributes they provide really worth the extra cost in Materials and being limited to 1 Knight Promotion Path.

For all intents and purposes Outposts serve no purpose and are useless, what are they doing/supposed to be doing?
Current Siege Mechanics really favor Defending
Most Sieges since 5.8 went LIVE on NA seem to have been Defensive victories, often unopposed.
They effectively cater to a force with a larger population for Offense as they will have the spare manpower for it.

The current game victory conditions do not promote PvP.
In fact they seem to do the opposite as to win you must have Outposts, Forts and Keeps...
the easiest way to take these is when you are not facing opposition.

PvP fighting in this game is fun...running around and capping points is not.

Edited by Scorn

Using a brigand, the bombs fall through the fort floor, tower floor, or a lot just in normal campaign world.  They appear for a few secs sometimes and "poof she was gone".

Leather seems a little squishy for a melee class.  Don't need a drastic change just a little.

Druid severe burning kills a leather wearer.  To much damage or something.  Maybe it is chained to the leather being lack luster.  I will back away from melee ball because I am to squishy and a druid drops the flame.  Pops me out of stealth (which isn't a prob) and put on the DoT that will take all my health.  If I am at 5000 health, it will leave me down to about 500 - 1000.  If I got wounded before dodging away, well death, even if I am far from the fight.  Some might say, "use FlameWalker", but that would blow having utility to fight other classes. 

Poisoner Discipline Is way to weak.  10 - 15 damage? 

DoT's on the Bombs needs turned up also.  It says severe but I don't see the damage that other classes are doing with skills that put on Severe types of DoT .  Definitely don't see it eating 4000 hp from someone.  Even though the explosive bomb now put on a Severe Burn DoT with the passive equipped.

Since the bombs are a major part of a Brigand's tool kit they need to do a good hit on the HP.

4 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

Re-posting here for proper topic posting:

So I seem to get these freezes that last maybe half-a-second, while my character in game still reacts seemingly to input. Often when going through the freeze, to out of the freeze, I'm often turned 180 degrees from where I was facing/direction I was going. I've tried all manner of graphical settings, and the issue still persists. I've tried turning off nVidia's Shadowplay, as such a issue has been seemingly linked in other games, but here, it too, did not rectify the issue. For the time being, it's little more than an annoyance, but I'd rather not have them all the same. Curious if anyone else has this issue, and if anyone else had this issue, but since found it resolved. 

That happens to me when running around the map, not constantly,  once every few minutes.  Just frequently enough to be annoying.  

3 hours ago, moneda said:

Hey @jtoddcoleman & @thomasblair I know most (if not all) of these are probably on the slate for 6.0, but considering the first "sanctioned" campaign is going to be fought and won in 5.8 I'd really like to see these changes happen in this build before that:

- Locking disciplines to vessels
- Requiring a runecrafter craft major disciplines (even from dust & ore if not from NPC drops)
- Locking out Spirit Bank access from any/everywhere in the world

OH, and a balance pass on class and discipline powers. I don't ever expect perfection but I'd love to see some balance changes before the "sanctioned" campaign; and I'm not talking pendulum swings here, just rational adjustments.

4 hours ago, Alyriel said:

That happens to me when running around the map, not constantly,  once every few minutes.  Just frequently enough to be annoying.  

Same here!

Outpost fire camps FIRE to cook interation dont work (not sure if intended).

Plus make tower worth more than points  (something add value to hold besides points)

Not sure if this hunger shard spawn is intended.

QQmXsnH.png

Also it'd be nice if the mobs respawned just a tad slower.  Like 30 to 60 seconds.  

Also hope you fix mobs in the campaigns for skinners.  I personally don't skin mobs after spring in the campaign maps since they convert to hunger mobs all the time.  If the day night cycle with converting mobs was even working as intended the day feels quite short when trying to play efficiently. 

Edited by Zage

Myrmidon net has been pretty unreliable in this patch. The initial root isn't the problem, it's that the follow up PULL part of the combo doesn't work very often. 

Here's a good example at 1:56. 

As a person who is not a huge pvp'er......the scoreboard system really sucks....sorry ACE, you guys are doing a great job, but damn. I am finally starting to get some kills...and never get credit for a damn one....

Please take a look at your scoreboard system.

Duelist - Vanguard scout spec :

• Cheap shot distance is not correct, stated 15 m doesn't work at 15/14/13m distance only starting at 12
  • For a spec based on staying hidden the damage output is very low, the 15m range is kinda ridiculous (easy distance to cover specially when your powers are channeled ones you can't interrupt and punish you with dizzy if touched). I would suggest put some new powers to the spec (only one power and similar to Go for Broke) and some bonus distance (like in slayer spec ) + the spec seems reliant on pistols but we can't dual pistols anymore? Would be a good talent to put on and like in the pistol rune (who dissapeared too?) would add distance bonus + powers. Actually Dirge/Slayer looks more interesting than this spec. (like Pitfighter for Champion etc...)

You'll really need to make every spec of classes appealing or it will finish like actually, full plate wearers/pitfighters everywhere.

Edited by Gorwald

11 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

Re-posting here for proper topic posting:

So I seem to get these freezes that last maybe half-a-second, while my character in game still reacts seemingly to input. Often when going through the freeze, to out of the freeze, I'm often turned 180 degrees from where I was facing/direction I was going. I've tried all manner of graphical settings, and the issue still persists. I've tried turning off nVidia's Shadowplay, as such a issue has been seemingly linked in other games, but here, it too, did not rectify the issue. For the time being, it's little more than an annoyance, but I'd rather not have them all the same. Curious if anyone else has this issue, and if anyone else had this issue, but since found it resolved. 

I have this problem consistently, too. I've also monkeyed with my settings to no positive effect. I've noticed a few things about it that might be relevant. First, It happens when I open or close my inventory, or use any other significant part of the UI. It's as if it loses track of camera pointing, attempt to predict or reset it before continuing, with that momentary camera discombobulation (technical term) as the result. I've also begun to suspect it happens when I cross a tile boundary in-zone. I'm going to try and test this out later today.

Combining poison paradise and Steal soul doesn’t seem to stack lifesteal bonuses.

I really hate the way promotion classes lock you in to damage types / weapon choices and such.

I thought this was going to be the game with maximum character customization,

even in Wow you could put points across several talent trees.

more choices- more creativity- better game

13 hours ago, veeshan said:

I feel eventually the PvP order guilds are gonna jump faction because there be no one left cause everyone keeps joining order cause there winning, eventually there gonna probaly jump to chaos or balance so they can pvp again.

But even still, once they switch more will follow suit once they start winning, this game doesn't have the population for this just yet and hopefully it will. Once one faction starts to win ( especially once sanctioned hits ) they will jump to whatever faction won the last one for the rewards and so on. There's almost no way to prevent this, one way I can see it being fixed is capping each faction to a certain number of players so this way each faction has a chance at a good population. Also i've noticed you cannot access the map/inventory while moving which I would love to see change as well as rethinking the pve/crafting/resource gathering. For people like me I absolutely hate crafting in any mmo it's just not my thing. However in the Alpha it feels like crafting is forced if you want to pvp. On the other side in a all pvp game there will be people who strictly want to gather and craft without fighting but in a all pvp environment they wont be able to do that. Thoughts anyone? ( these are just my opinions based on playing other MMO's  throughout the years. )