Happy new years!

chat box seems to be bugged today

cant join any channels 

not even the combat log shows up

chat box is 100% blank. 

relogging doesn't fix.

Repairing files doesn't fix.

Edited by panzystomper

Many, many thanks for giving us a "Combo" keybind (tho I didn't see it mentioned in any patch notes :ph34r:) along with binds for Yes and No prompts. What I'd also really appreciate is being able to use a single keybind for multiple things that cannot be done at the same time. For example, I'd like to be able to assign (let's say) E to something under Character Combat but also to "Expand Tool Tip" under User Interface, which shouldn't cause any user error issues because you cannot control your character while looking at the training UI in which Expand Tool Tip is used.

Not sure how it started, but I'm having the same issue as @makkon with the chat window. Tried logging out, then restarting my PC, and then reinstalling the Live client entirely. Nothing has fixed it.

SFoh0o6.png

22 minutes ago, Nettle said:

Not sure how it started, but I'm having the same issue as @makkon with the chat window. Tried logging out, then restarting my PC, and then reinstalling the Live client entirely. Nothing has fixed it.

SFoh0o6.png

There was another post confirming that everyone has this issue.  I have the same issue.  Apparently a bug that crept in.

Rangers

• Micromanaging ammo is obnoxious. Like, seriously. They don't stack up. You need to hold them in your bag en mass, losing them if you die, or risk running out of ammo constantly, spending all your time running back and forth to bank or burning through import/export on spirit bank. 
  • Quivers aren't really an option. They require 2 heartwood, which can only be gotten by using the Connoisseur buff until you get deeper into the exploration tree. The 2 requirement needs to be knocked down to 1, or have the 2 split into 2 x 1 boxes. I have 3 different types of heartwood that can't be used because it requires 2 of the same.
  • Even World of Warcraft realized how stupid it was to make people farm constantly for ammo and removed it. Honestly, for a ranger, who already isn't that great of a fighter to juggle durability AND constantly running out of ammo is ridiculous. 
  • OR you guys could just make 1 ability cost 1 ammo. Going through ammo so damn fast because the bread and butter abilities Rapid Fire and Barrage just drains them insanely fast. 
  • THIS IS NOT FUN FOR A RANGE USER. We already have to hope to keep reticle red in fights where people are bouncing around and lag makes it harder to aim. Not to mention the constant need to move because we aren't melee fighters.

Harvesting

• This game feels like Life is Feudal, the survivor game. Rather than PvP. Rather than feeling more like Shadowbane revived, it's just a survivor game of gathering and building which is slow. I understand the passive trees are to make this better. But I feel the base speed could be a tad quicker. The trees are there to be able to make stronger stuff eventually and add a bit of speed. Could be maybe just have gathering tools not require so much work to get decent durability ones. The basic and intermediate ones are useless. They might as well not even be in the game
  • I don't want to water down the crafting experience. Even though some things could be more streamlined without wasted steps requiring collaboration between so many crafters. Sure, right now in test you can swap out disciplines easy, but that's not going to be in the finished product. But honestly the amount of time that goes into gather to make even a basic advance set without any bells and whistles is pretty hefty. The one aspect of if you're a pvper, go out and kill to gather just doesn't work. Anyone who is smart will spirit bank that stuff instantly.

World:

Nice to look at, at first, but gets boring after some Minutes. Everytime the same tilesets, trees, stones, weed... trees, stones, weed... more Variation pls. (big mushrooms or crystal-trees... swamps... etc.)

PVP / Balancing:

Something is seriously wrong in this Game. How and WHY is it possible that only ONE Enemy Player is capable of conquering a Fort ALONE!!! and losing nearly NO Hitpoints... killing EVERY Guard, and EVERY other Player with ease... that shouldnt be possible at all! Yes, with a Group or a bigger Team, thats the Point of Castle-Runs. But it should NOT be possible to archive this SOLO and without ANY Challenge!

Yes i know it is pre-alpha and there will be much more in the Future in regards of balancing and worldbuilding. But stopping solo-players to conquer "the whole Map" including every outpost , Fort , Castle and Towns should be very easy to tweak right!

Posted (edited)

I'm brand new and just installed the game for the first time. I'm currently having the same issue as @Scorn

Update: as of 3:23pm EST, I am now running around in-game. =)

Edited by Lylliannah

Posted (edited)

Once the game is launched, I get the error "Invalid Client. Please patch to 5.8.1." so I can't actually play. Check @Scorn's screenshot above. 

Edited by Pwnzie

Posted (edited)

Bug with inventory / Gear on character interaction:

-I cannot remove gear or harvesting tools from my character.

-There is an "Overflow 1" message above the inventory

-I can move inventory items around in the inventory and use the spirit bank.

-Character is a level 30 knight on NA server Dinasias / Balance

This occurred after respawning (after fighting someone).  When I was dying I was opening the spirit bank to transfer items prior to death.  The spirit bank window was still open when I died (prior to releasing).

EDIT: Fixed this issue by moving an item from inventory to spirit bank.  Looks like my opponent placed a note on my corpse causing the overflow bug.  Thanks Zybak!

Edited by Dern

3 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Rangers

• Micromanaging ammo is obnoxious. Like, seriously. They don't stack up. You need to hold them in your bag en mass, losing them if you die, or risk running out of ammo constantly, spending all your time running back and forth to bank or burning through import/export on spirit bank. 

Ammo you buy at vendor for 5 golds stack to 5k

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

41 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

Ammo you buy at vendor for 5 golds stack to 5k

I'm talking about the ammo you create from woodworking. Not sure if this is considered advanced or if the quiver is only considered advanced. But it takes the arrowhead bundle from blacksmith and wood bundle from woodworking. These don't stack and are much better damage.

3 hours ago, Cryptwalker said:

World:

Nice to look at, at first, but gets boring after some Minutes. Everytime the same tilesets, trees, stones, weed... trees, stones, weed... more Variation pls. (big mushrooms or crystal-trees... swamps... etc.)

PVP / Balancing:

Something is seriously wrong in this Game. How and WHY is it possible that only ONE Enemy Player is capable of conquering a Fort ALONE!!! and losing nearly NO Hitpoints... killing EVERY Guard, and EVERY other Player with ease... that shouldnt be possible at all! Yes, with a Group or a bigger Team, thats the Point of Castle-Runs. But it should NOT be possible to archive this SOLO and without ANY Challenge!

Yes i know it is pre-alpha and there will be much more in the Future in regards of balancing and worldbuilding. But stopping solo-players to conquer "the whole Map" including every outpost , Fort , Castle and Towns should be very easy to tweak right!

Probably a Champion with Scarecrow Discipline. Way too much healing with nothing in game that can adequately stop healing (look at Assassins; why on earth they didn't give Assassin's Shadowmantle like in Shadowbane and instead put a non functional version on 2 discs is beyond me, but it's alpha). And Scarecrow absolutely destroying the ability piercing damage has to do anything to them. So guards are worthless and by extension Assassins and rangers who use piercing arrows.

This obviously is going to have to be fixed. But, again, pre-alpha woes.

4 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

I'm talking about the ammo you create from woodworking. Not sure if this is considered advanced or if the quiver is only considered advanced. But it takes the arrowhead bundle from blacksmith and wood bundle from woodworking. These don't stack and are much better damage.

I know, i'm just saying that the ammo you buy for 5 gold are better than the basic one and stack for 5k. The advanced ones effectively stack only for 500

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Hi,

I've noticed that sometimes I do not lose passives/associated buffs after replacing the respective discipline and the specific passiv.
This leads to me having buffs/passives functional (not only a visual bug in buffs column!) from more than two major disciplines.

The most recent example:
I used Agent Provocateur and Knifegrinder on my Assassin and proceded to replace Knifegrinder with Scarecrow and slotted the passive associated with Scarecrow.
After doing so, I noticed that the passive 'long live the fighter' associated to the Knifegrinder discipline was still active in my buff column without being a slotted passive and discipline. I was able to use all spells granted by the disciplines Agent Provocateur and Scarecrow and my auto attacks did apply stackable bleeds from the Knifegrinder passive.
The 'long live the fighter' buff from Knifegrinder was only removed after relogging about an hour later.

I've noticed this phenomenon about three times and was not able to reproduce it intentionally after the most recent occurence.