Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/26/18

Half Elf ranger Archer get a bug after   dodging   or after casting barrage then dodging which makes them  unable to auto attack (Left click) the character does the animation it pull the bow but no  arrow are being fire for a good 4 sec.  The wood elf dont seem to have this bug for some reason .

Get rid of the  arcane archer disp requirement for spellbound longbow  I dont understand why ranger are being punished   just to use a stronger bow  that can fire and ice arrow by having to use this Major disp that bring nothing to the class since most  of the spells and passive it gives we already have.   

Archer need another dps  spell using double shot get boring  quickly having to wait 4 to 5 sec to charge your shotricochet isnt usefull in pvp considering you cant move while charging the shot  and the dmg being so low which make it way to dangerous to use for what it worth. So in the end we only have rapid fire as good damaging ability. Give us heavy hitting spell on a long cd of even make so we have to standstill for it so we have to create the opportunity to use it.

And finally not a fan or death shroud  debuff . so picture this you are farming you get ganked a good fight but  unfortunatly you die. So now if you want to get back to your corpse to try and get at least some of whats left in the inventory back  (instead of reviving at statue) depending  on how far you are you have to spend at least 3 to 5min or even more   just to get back to your corpse  and after that as if you havent been punished enough  by having to endure that painfully slow crow spirit  that cant even fly btw   you to also go through 3 or 5 minute debuff that reduces you hp and dmg by 75 %   why?! It pvp game what are you affraid of  here ? Rez zerging ? Make it so you get this debuff only if you are in a fort plot then. Or if are so attached to that debuff make it 1 minute not 3 to 5 minute.

Posted (edited)

I think I'm the only one messing around with Ranger at this point:

Archer:

Leather means you die in 3 hits to literally everything.

Boring gameplay. Stand still and do hold down LMB. Fun.

Warden:

Mail armor with no block means you die in 5 hits instead of 3. 

Dagger spin got nerfed to hell, so the class really isn't viable at all.

Brigand:

Leather means you die in 3 hits to literally everything.

Interesting idea with 3 bombs being able to drop from stealth.

I think the CONCEPT for Brigand is the only one ACE should keep. I honestly think both other promotion needs to be completely reworked.

*EDIT* to say this is all team fight play testing. Since I've played Ranger for so long, I know how to 1v1 and haven't had any problems doing so as a Ranger, but I've seen most Rangers just flop over in a 1v1. This doesn't mean anything for the mechanic issues of Ranger right now.

Edited by Unfolded

• A frustrating 5.8 game play experience so far testing the game in a campaign without a guild. So to sustain new players in Crowfall it is important to keep this game alive in 2019 - items need to start dropping in Alpha 6.0. So plate, mail, leather armor pices, and advance weapons on vendors in the Temple with white maths @Tyrant 
  • How to fix and solve this new player hostility related to crowfall crafted items:  Rings and necklacs need to start dropping, mail, plate and advance weapons need to drop with Rng stats to keep none resource gathers & crafters happy to farm mobs/creatures for better items. The commmon pattern they dislike resource tools like hammers or pick axes which is surprisngly similar to Shadowbane so go back to old design @jtoddcoleman. Because too many players dislike crafting and they rather farm creatures to improve their items and it`s more fun. Thew new players in Crowfall can`t rely on guild crafters until the economy is working properly, and new crafters need to learn the depth how to craft. There are too few crafters and players at the moment to keep up with item demands for their own guilds. And I think about all the new players who are new to Crowfall who play this game in a campaign outside of a guild and first expression is essential for new players. Don`t let them have a huge item disadvantage so it get hopeless in pvp combat related to the current 5.8 patch notes, because it`s really important to sustain those cautious players who have a busy life outside of mmorg so they can improve their items farming creatures instead if ACE implment item drop, and that is a good solution compare to gather white resources based on crafting in Crowfall and waiting on a none guilded crafter who have no idea how crafting works in this game which is a deep learning curve. 

A good summary is sustain new players and keep them happy in small scale pvp outside of a guild while implementing a different method how to acquire good quality pvp items outside of crafting window. It will still be an open market there for good crafters with uncommon, rare, epic resources and items and demand of such items months into a campaign world. My brief point is don`t kill your own game design to force players to guild or craft or gather resources with tools to get some some hours of pvp outside of a guild in any campaign in CF, and that include Dregs setting as well later on in 2019 so let Rng items drop in the world with creature spawns. 

Hello , 

5.8 is a big improvement ! 

PRO:

The siege times get people online and involved ,great job.  

Speed of the game amazing

maps randomly made and campaign cycles are great 

huge push for people to come PVP , explore and craft has grown the community and we are staying around because everyone sees the potential - again keep it up guys! 

problems at this stage:

logging out and capturable locations change hands or something I can’t pin down, when I return to the game I spawned on the side of of a random gate. Most times it’s cool but tonight I logged out near a graveyard and when I returned to farm it. I landed on the side of a gate to an enemy parcel and was spawned in front of an enemy.  - a fix to this would be a friendly keep or Fort. Or a tower not under attack even would be great 

new players are over whelmed !   We as tester have had time to grow with the game and digest the information over time. But there is a huge quality of life change needed .mousing over an item or right clicking it , should tell you who/crafting tree makes it / drops it/ or even a breakdown of mats 

Both/Or

in game wikia so we can look up recipes and see materials , making and equipping a disc and athen traveling to a table . just to see what They need to bring a crafter is a huge problem for new player just trying to make their first set of gear 

- we cannot see racial and class bonuses till after we create a vessel and go in game, then delete it and do it again till we find the right stats or bonuses we want. 

- even if it’s a EK option like PVP / public: but a testing overlay, window, or graph of our details / stats tab. (test dummies would be nice too) detailed info is hard to gather and we would be able to test passive and ability gains and losses better. 

the game is gaining ground with speed each new patch. I have much faith in game and enjoy it. 

Posted (edited)

Might be a bug, or maybe you're working that frantically, or perhaps I'm just doing something really odd over here? But every single time I open the launcher there's a 5.8gb update I need to download to play the game, apparently. Takes about an hour each time.

ETA: I also just remembered I haven't been able to access my EK at all so far, and I downloaded the game ... maybe 10 hours ago? But every time I go to check, it says it's offline. Again, maybe normal? Maybe me? Maybe bug? I'm too new to really know what's weird and what's standard.

Edited by Mikki

Posted (edited)

Rangers

• I'm sorry, devs. But why on earth would you give Rangers a built in Flare power, +45 perception and a trap to reveal but not give a stealth detection power built in?!? How does this even make sense. It's wasted  stuff you have to take, but is useless if you don't pop on Mole-Hunter or Illusionist, unless you go Elken.
  • You removed stalker as the base Scout class. You really need to put a stealth reveal power built in. Even if it's attached to the very last node 'Archer'.
  • Traps need an activation aura. The bomb is an ugly tiny ball and you can't tell at what range the enemy sets it off. As it is, seems like they need to touch this tiny trap to set it off and a lot of times that doesn't even set it off.
Edited by Navystylz

4 hours ago, Maemi said:

Archer need another dps  spell using double shot get boring  quickly having to wait 4 to 5 sec to charge your shotricochet isnt usefull in pvp considering you cant move while charging the shot  and the dmg being so low which make it way to dangerous to use for what it worth. So in the end we only have rapid fire as good damaging ability. Give us heavy hitting spell on a long cd of even make so we have to standstill for it so we have to create the opportunity to use it.

Ricochet is useless period. I do not slot the power. Even when leveling every time I charged it to use it on mobs, they would step apart. The 1 time it did work, it did horrible damage. Much better to just weave Barrage and Rapid fire. 

There needs to be some way of shutting off other players effects during siege, i normally get 50-60 fps, but when u run a siege, it drops to under 10. Lag seems to be a major issue in the encounters, and hinders gameplay severely. As a druid healer, it was impossible for me to do anything other than just spam my mouse button due to the fact i was virtually frozen the entire battle. 

Human Templar-paladin Holy warrior Increases ur hp and also heals yourself. the max HP happens after the healing effect  causing it to not heal the hp u just gained. not sure if is intended.

1 hour ago, moneda said:

Not sure if bug but doesn't seem right:

- Wood Elves can "mount" while using Camouflage. :lol:

It does seem a bit much, even though Camo isn't stealth. Non-combat abilities and those that don't activate climb/gate, or node swing can also be used in it.

@Tyrant  NA server just down...login screen shows no characters on this account. Closed client and tried logging in and have nothing but a black screen. Seems multiple people in discord have same.

Posted (edited)

Right now when I click the green launch button I just get a black screen. The game does not seem to load properly.

*edit* it's working again.

Edited by tutamun

Assassins still need to re-apply poison after each zone change.

After portal or rez, shift to melee tray, open inventory, un-slot poison, slot poison, close inventory. It's not a game breaker, but it's really a PITA when your build is based on poison and you forget.