Pann

Group harvesting must-haves - Official discussion thread

Foreman actually creates a really nice and simple rhythm if you have enough people in the group.
Hit, Hit, Take it Down, Hit Hit, Back to work-Repeat as necessary.
With less people you may encounter more Stamina issues but Motherlode farming is pretty smooth once you practice it with your team.

ive mined some motherloads with my friend and we rotated" take it down "and hit the node with like 0.5-1sec in between our swings.

but im not sure how to feel about it, thought we are doing something wrong because like half of our swings we see no damage number even tho the 8sec of "take it down" should for sure be still active. while i saw like -42 hits with take it down and -6 without there are still lots of "no damage" hits on the node.

or is its like when i dont deal dmg my friend does?

also how are drops calculated on motherloads? i assume it depends on the person who gets the hit of the destruction state?

lets say i dont have gem harvesting but my friend has it, and i do the final blow on a motherload then we(i) have no chance of getting gem due to my lack of skill? or is it "group based"?

22 minutes ago, nenju said:

ets say i dont have gem harvesting but my friend has it, and i do the final blow on a motherload then we(i) have no chance of getting gem due to my lack of skill? or is it "group based"?

Not group based as I last heard. It uses only the stats of the person that does more damage.

I have been asking they take into account the stats of all harversters but no such good luck. It would put a end to this harverster and goons thing we got going, where the other players are there only to fill in numbers.

19 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Not group based as I last heard. It uses only the stats of the person that does more damage.

I have been asking they take into account the stats of all harversters but no such good luck. It would put a end to this harverster and goons thing we got going, where the other players are there only to fill in numbers.

TBH "harvester and goons" mechanism is better for the game as a whole I think. It means you can hand noobs and combat players a pick and go "you're helping make your gear!" and keeps your groups together in stead of requiring them to basically go play by themselves while you gather. If it was based on harvesters in total, I'd be kicking half of the harvesting group out just so they didn't screw up gem and mineral drops. That's not much fun.

4 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

TBH "harvester and goons" mechanism is better for the game as a whole I think. It means you can hand noobs and combat players a pick and go "you're helping make your gear!" and keeps your groups together in stead of requiring them to basically go play by themselves while you gather. If it was based on harvesters in total, I'd be kicking half of the harvesting group out just so they didn't screw up gem and mineral drops. That's not much fun.

I mean, not much of a group harverst if all you have to do is give any random joe a pick.

But it dosnt have to be one or the other. They could simply take the highest stats among all the gatherers. Nothing would change if you use the goons (their pitiful gathering stats would get basically ignored), however, if you do manage to bring two harversters with complimentary training you would get an amazing harverst.

9 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I mean, not much of a group harverst if all you have to do is give any random joe a pick.

But it dosnt have to be one or the other. They could simply take the highest stats among all the gatherers. Nothing would change if you use the goons (their pitiful gathering stats would get basically ignored), however, if you do manage to bring two harversters with complimentary training you would get an amazing harverst.

I mean you already take the highest stats though. Any kind of additive measure would basically mean requiring more than one purpose build foreman.

I like that a dedicated foreman build can throw a bunch of good picks at a group and essentially turn them in to a mining machine. It doesn't kill the need for other harvesters. It means your harvesters are worth more because they can all be running their OWN goon groups or spreading out and hitting small nodes.

I really don't think "group harvesting" should be the sole domain of groups of harvesters. The worst thing you can do to combat players on "guard duty" is ask them to sit around and twiddle their thumbs. Making them the grunt work keeps them engaged.