Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Phr00t

Quality of life improvements

Recommended Posts

Edit: Probably posted this on the wrong board so delete if needed 

 

List all your desired quality of life requests! These are all my opinion and are most likely not informed of future plans or balance decisions.

 

  • Chat, Map, Inventory, talents and all other UI screens usable without breaking auto-run
  • Auto-take option for crafting, to skip having to click "Take" after every craft
  • Changing off Survival Tray while mounted auto dismounts
  • Player-set map markers that become nodes on the compass
  • Hovering over a player should show class and level
  • Feedback when hitting motherlode armor and such to show that you're not breaking through (show "0" damage?)
  • UI element that shows location of banks with items ("Items in Sunset Keep, soandso Fort")
  • Friends, ignore list, online notifications for friends/guilds, etc
  • Crafting tracker that lists materials required for target pieces, like a quest tracker

 

Not QOL but (controversial?) requests anyway:

  • Crow should run at swift mount speed, or death shroud duration should be dramatically reduced, both of these combined means there's a lot of downtime just to be able to play again
  • Crow can fly over gaps
  • Re-buff healing blockers :)
Edited by Phr00t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make Rangers not need to use ammo for basic attacks. Quivers or special ammo for everything else.

Turn the damn map around properly. Never seen a map where North is to the left.

Make windows close. When closing character sheet with I and all windows close, pressing I should not open them all again. Keep other windows on their own keys so you can open and close these respectively without I messing it it.

Edited by Navystylz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Navystylz said:

Make Rangers not need to use ammo for basic attacks. Turn the ammo slot to be like the Assassin. It changes the type of damage and strength without making you need to keep crafting. It's just obnoxious to have to micromanage ammo. Even World of Warcraft understood this and removed it from their game.

Why should Rangers have to deal with durability on their weapons and what is essentially durability loss on being able to do damage when there are 2 numbers dropping that needs to be managed. By itself, not the biggest problem, but when you start managing the durability of vessels (another thing I think is stupid), gear, hunger, etc... this game just becomes too Life is Feudal survival game, rather than a PvP fighting game.

Advanced quivers are inf ammo (until the quiver breaks).  You’re only having to craft arrows because you haven’t made an advanced quiver.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mandalore said:

Advanced quivers are inf ammo (until the quiver breaks).  You’re only having to craft arrows because you haven’t made an advanced quiver.  

Ya, found this out in game after I posted this. Shows they thought of this same thing. They should still bake basic ammo in. Items for better damage, and specific damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please auto stack like items in the spirit bank. I spend to much time moving items around in-between inventory.

not sure if I just didn't find it but allow all the UI windows to be unlocked then moved then relocked.

As said before allow for us to turn the map any way we want just to make it easier to navigate. or add a zoomable minimap that can be toggled and moved with the rest of the UI.

Honestly this Ui placement is pretty good but people like to have the options.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add experience gains to capping outposts, forts, etc. More options to level your toon the better. Grind on mobs, craft gear sacrifice, sacrifice gold, plus having experience gains on capping nodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inventory breakdowns for e.g. "ores" and "crafting materials"

Clearly shows exactly which tool in inventory is equipped

Sprint just a little bit faster

Champion abilities display an indicator for how much rage required/whether you have enough

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, mandalore said:

Advanced quivers are inf ammo (until the quiver breaks).  You’re only having to craft arrows because you haven’t made an advanced quiver.  

Though Rangers can't use quivers by default, requires Sharpshooter disc I believe. If we can agree that ammo is not a worthwhile mechanic then being able to equip quivers should be a base Ranger ability as well as granted by any combat disc that gives you bows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darguth said:

Though Rangers can't use quivers by default, requires Sharpshooter disc I believe. If we can agree that ammo is not a worthwhile mechanic then being able to equip quivers should be a base Ranger ability as well as granted by any combat disc that gives you bows.

There's so much versatility in quivers than if you take it away from archers it harms that spec and homogenizes rangers.  Rangers need to accept that you're choosing to specialize when you pick your cap stone tree.  Stop asking for poorly made socks from other trees.  Pick a tree and play that.  Build multiple rangers if you wanna do other ranger poorly made socks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mandalore said:

There's so much versatility in quivers than if you take it away from archers it harms that spec and homogenizes rangers.  Rangers need to accept that you're choosing to specialize when you pick your cap stone tree.  Stop asking for poorly made socks from other trees.  Pick a tree and play that.  Build multiple rangers if you wanna do other ranger poorly made socks. 

Even without specializing Archer you still have the tray and a fair number of powers in it. If the intent is that you shouldn't ever use those outside of the Archer path, then don't grant them before that. You shouldn't hand players a whole bunch of functionality with their class that they're deliberately not supposed to use. That's just bad.

There's also nothing stopping them from having something like "Basic Quivers" that all Rangers can equip and "Exotic/Runic Quivers" only available to Archers that give you more goodies above and beyond the basic QOL of getting rid of stacks of arrows. Alternatively just remove ammo consumption innately including the Ammo slot from base Ranger, and have Archer (and similar combat discs) grant the Ammo slot and the ability to add Quivers which add bonuses.

Edited by Darguth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thought is that the powers presented to the player should offer a meaningful choice. I'm not in favor of having vestigial powers that provide no other value than being "trap" abilities for newbs to stumble over. If non-Archers should have vestigial ranged powers, I'd prefer them not to have them at all is I guess what I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 11:13 PM, Phr00t said:

Edit: Probably posted this on the wrong board so delete if needed 

 

List all your desired quality of life requests! These are all my opinion and are most likely not informed of future plans or balance decisions.Chat, Map, Inventory, talents and all other UI screens usable without breaking auto-run

  • Auto-take option for crafting, to skip having to click "Take" after every craft
  • Changing off Survival Tray while mounted auto dismounts
  • Player-set map markers that become nodes on the compass
  • Hovering over a player should show class and level
  • Feedback when hitting motherlode armor and such to show that you're not breaking through (show "0" damage?)
  • UI element that shows location of banks with items ("Items in Sunset Keep, soandso Fort")
  • Friends, ignore list, online notifications for friends/guilds, etc
  • Crafting tracker that lists materials required for target pieces, like a quest tracker

Not QOL but (controversial?) requests anyway:

  • Crow should run at swift mount speed, or death shroud duration should be dramatically reduced, both of these combined means there's a lot of downtime just to be able to play again
  • Crow can fly over gaps
  • Re-buff healing blockers :)

still not sure why a crow cant fly over gaps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 3:14 PM, mandalore said:

If you don't go archer you should be barely prof in bows. 

Except that's not the case. You lose very little bow power from going warden instead. Master of Bows allows you to equip quivers. All of a sudden Archer offers NOTHING that Warden can't provide. The passive is worthless and never useable, and it's just easier to click, click, charge green arrow (3rd part of LMB chain) to apply the type of arrow's secondary effect.

But now you have access to actual worthwhile melee, built in stealth detection, and much greater durability even before equipping the mail. Archer offers nothing more because range is broken and capped, suppression can be spammed with Warden to hit consistently in melee range, and barrage becomes stronger which is the best ability of the bow but is made up for. I guess Archer is more a team player if you can actually do anything with your bow in large fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2018 at 3:03 AM, mandalore said:

Advanced quivers are inf ammo (until the quiver breaks).  You’re only having to craft arrows because you haven’t made an advanced quiver.  

Quivers dont break it seems they have no durability atleast not atm bug maybe but was same in 5.7 aswell but nothing got changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Except that's not the case. You lose very little bow power from going warden instead. Master of Bows allows you to equip quivers. All of a sudden Archer offers NOTHING that Warden can't provide. The passive is worthless and never useable, and it's just easier to click, click, charge green arrow (3rd part of LMB chain) to apply the type of arrow's secondary effect.

But now you have access to actual worthwhile melee, built in stealth detection, and much greater durability even before equipping the mail. Archer offers nothing more because range is broken and capped, suppression can be spammed with Warden to hit consistently in melee range, and barrage becomes stronger which is the best ability of the bow but is made up for. I guess Archer is more a team player if you can actually do anything with your bow in large fights.

Aye Archers get screwed all the other archer specs can do bow almost aswell (You looks suppression shot and like 9% dmg ranged dmg and a passive that gets practically no use) to get a more useful and functioning class.
Archers might be in a better spot when they stop bow range being capped at 15m of the basic bow since you can get bows with 23m+ range however it doesnt increase ur range since it capped at basic bow range for stat wise. the distance you can shoot is bow range + distance bonus which caps at 20, so with a 23m bow you should have 43m range with distance modifier capped aswell but it doesnt work that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, veeshan said:

Aye Archers get screwed all the other archer specs can do bow almost aswell (You looks suppression shot and like 9% dmg ranged dmg and a passive that gets practically no use) to get a more useful and functioning class.
Archers might be in a better spot when they stop bow range being capped at 15m of the basic bow since you can get bows with 23m+ range however it doesnt increase ur range since it capped at basic bow range for stat wise. the distance you can shoot is bow range + distance bonus which caps at 20, so with a 23m bow you should have 43m range with distance modifier capped aswell but it doesnt work that way

Range used to be like 80m or maybe higher; it was broken and the only classes played basically.  We called it rangerfall.  It was horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mandalore said:

Range used to be like 80m or maybe higher; it was broken and the only classes played basically.  We called it rangerfall.  It was horrible. 

u wont get that high in current game i guess if u rolled all range on a legendary u might get to 50m on a bow but u wouldnt do as much dmg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mandalore said:

Range used to be like 80m or maybe higher; it was broken and the only classes played basically.  We called it rangerfall.  It was horrible. 

People are aware of this. There is such a thing as a happy median between 32 m and 80 m. If the devs can't do this, then they should be giving Archers some extra range as a perk, which is not usable. While they are doing a complete powers pass, they shouldn't have pushed a system live that caused classes to be bloated with useless talents, making them a weak spec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...