Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PopeUrban

Cloak Slots

What's up with that @thomasblair

What's their intended purpose?

How are they going to make half elves and humans display that trademark human versatility?

How long until I can experiment for maximum fabulous?

cape-gif-7.gif

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

will they be built in leatherworking?

Also what ever happened to bags?

Edited by Omen
after thought

Eat or be eaten

@thomasblair if you’re taking cloak suggestions here is mine 

tumblr_od94qrbW3P1scghoqo1_500.gif 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

3 minutes ago, VaMei said:

I'll raise you.

giphy.gif

I had the same thought at first, Spawn has a bad ass cloak.  The cloak of levitation though is bad ass and often hilarious.  The damn cloak should be an avenger if you ask me. 

ShadyBestIraniangroundjay-max-1mb.gif

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Lol

wiDfyPp.png

If you remember back when we had archetypes the Knight had a cloak baked into the model. So any race based off that model should be able to wear a cloak once art does some fancy artwork to bring back cloaks for those races. Design will add some stats to cloaks that in some way equivalent to what an extra ring/necklace is worth.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

33 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

If you remember back when we had archetypes the Knight had a cloak baked into the model. So any race based off that model should be able to wear a cloak once art does some fancy artwork to bring back cloaks for those races. Design will add some stats to cloaks that in some way equivalent to what an extra ring/necklace is worth.

I love you. 

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, ZYBAK said:

Damn....Humans are OP.

Will be OP, we dont have them yet

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, ZYBAK said:

Humans are already one of the strongest races in the game :P

O no doubt, take me a hand of glory and get some fun going

wiDfyPp.png

10 hours ago, thomasblair said:

So what you're saying is that Humans, Nethari, Half-Elves, Elken, and Guinecean get cloaks :D

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

So what you're saying is that Humans, Nethari, Half-Elves, Elken, and Guinecean get cloaks :D

Humans and Half elfs get them, they others do not

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

13 hours ago, veeshan said:

Humans and Half elfs get them, they others do not

I was mostly joking, but Blair said any race based off Knight model could wear capes. Humans, Nethari, and Half-Elves definitely share models, so they could, in theory, wear capes. I threw in Elken and Guineacean for giggles, but I think Elken might have a similar enough model to that of the Knight’s (I remember the devs saying something about how easy it was to port Cleric animations to the Elken model)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, thomasblair said:

So it's just a jewelry style stat stick, OK.

I guess my real question was WHAT stats? I'm assuming not the neck/ring roll tables as that would make it redundant with those bonus slots.

More impactful than the neck/ring slots due to being a singleton nonduplicatable slot? Unique unreplicatable gear based bonuses?

Basically the real question is "why is this slot a compelling feature for race selection compared to the alternatives?"

Or

"What makes cloaks different than jewelry?"

Or

"How will this make half elves less boring?"

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

38 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

“What makes cloaks different than jewelry?"

Um, cloaks are made of cloth duh. 

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

Um, cloaks are made of cloth duh. 

In Crowfall cloth is made of leather.

PopeSigGIF.gif