Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Glass Cannon Ranger?

BlueFungus

Hey everyone!

I'm loving the elken ranger and I am looking to make the highest dps ranger that I possibly can, as well as making the gameplay centered around using the bow. I'm dumping all points into the greatest possible damage and even equiping the glass cannon minor to further boost damage. I want to make a build that has no problem with sacrificing as much health or armor, the weakness of being very squishy, while being able to do the greatest amount of damage in a fight, the strength. I understand that dexterity and strength both affect the damage output of the archer, I particularly want a good chunk of my damage to come from my LMB, but it seems the dexterity affects raw attack power while strength affects the final damage multiplier. So far I've been putting 2 points of dexterity for every 1 point of strength. Since I am looking for maximum dps, how effectively does each stat help my dps and how should I spend my points to achieve my glass cannon archer? Thanks for reading!

57 minutes ago, frostythundertrod said:

i would suggest a half elf for glass cannon build.

How much does the extra 60 dex affect the dmg in the long run?

Elken also have additional range and the perception. Would the extra AP and how it affects the dmg of the auto attacks differ significantly?

Elken no longer have the extra range, perception is used to counter stealth it does nothing for you damage wise. 60 dex is equivalent to 20 vessel levels  so it is significant.

The halfelf also gives a extra power slot in all three trays allowing you to have 1 more buff or damaging attack in both ranged and melee. 

9 hours ago, frostythundertrod said:

Elken no longer have the extra range, perception is used to counter stealth it does nothing for you damage wise. 60 dex is equivalent to 20 vessel levels  so it is significant.

The halfelf also gives a extra power slot in all three trays allowing you to have 1 more buff or damaging attack in both ranged and melee. 

Yeah the extra power slot is really nice, plus halfelf gets the necromancy bonus, I'm sticking with elken due to the fact the dex and strength cap is 250 and 200 respectively on the half elf but 300 and 250 with the elken. Not as good early damage wise but once you start getting gear to cap stats, elken will pull through. Thanks for informing of the halfelf though, I wasn't aware just how much dex is worth over str to affect my dmg.

Gear doesn't grant attribute points. Vessels do.

The stat caps on your white vessels are largely irrelevant, as you will never reach them.

However getting in the habit of having specific race powers is as good a reason as any to plan ahead for nicer vessels where you can.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"