Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doradur

The Role of Negativity in Crowfall

17 hours ago, hamon said:

Well, if you think that being competitive and  fair play in a PVP game is unnecessary then this game is doomed to failure. Everyone knows that a game will always have unbalance, but wanting it to be the trademark of a game is asking your playerbase to abandon it like Rend and your  campaign system fail.

Source: 

I honestly just came by to give my feedback because this game is in alpha and can be reworked for the previous system of the Hunger Dome, which worked very well and was perfect in my opinion. I want the game to return to the original path of the PVP full loot very insane and focused on skill.
I already received the key to play another alpha and I'm going to test it now. CrowFall has already tested and I came to the conclusion that it has the same mechanics as Albion and will inevitably have the same problems.

You know they can always open up hunger dome like "worlds" pretty much at will, once they get all the MMO systems in place right?

We are testing ALL the systems under development. MMO, siege, capture the land, etc.  There is nothing stopping ACE from opening up hunger dome instances with small rewards and quick play if that's where the player desire is. It's even mentioned in the FAQ

You want to try a world where each character only has one life – meaning that if you die once, you are permanently banned from the World? Sure, let’s do it.

That’s the cool thing about this development approach: we’re turning our community into a massive, game-designing hivemind.

Heck, that might actually be a great way to do leveling and discovery of the talents of new vessels.  Hunger dome style, with vessel and quality level caps every 5 levels, and once you finish that you get let out into the big bad world, if you want.

I know once the wipes stop you are going to see some very interesting, PVP allowed EK's pop up, that could fill some of the instant combat gap.

I wouldn't focus too much on the current model, or even the throne war game goals, and think that's all CF can be. 

It can and will be much more than all of those things.

On 1/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, PopeUrban said:

Look guys if it isn't No Items Fox Only Final Destination it is obviously a garbage game for casuals and destined to fail.

OnLy ReAl GaMeRs UnDeRsTaNd HoW To MaKe A cOmPeTiTiVe gAmE

Lets be honest falco is better. 

On 12/31/2018 at 12:05 PM, BarriaKarl said:

I won't. I am one of those that will keep your guys properly equipped so that you can bash each other skulls with maximum efficiency.

50v50 dont concern me. And neither are they fun enough to interest me as they are now. Too much flashing lights and group hugs, too little skill or tatics for me.

I will be among those whose fights will consist mostly of 5v5 or 10v10 while I am in the field doing my thing.

Group tactics and skill are most certainly a factor in siege fights, especially when you are outnumbered. You may not prefer it, but let's not pretend it is some mindless activity for the lesser players.

5 minutes ago, Chroma said:

Group tactics and skill are most certainly a factor in siege fights, especially when you are outnumbered. You may not prefer it, but let's not pretend it is some mindless activity for the lesser players.

They all think having a numbers advantage is about being a mindless horde of idiots.  The logistics of of asset management can be truly arduous and I feel bad for people who have to lead all those bromegos into something even remotely tactical.  The Op is one of those people who thinks the ultimate definition of skill is personal accomplishment.