Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wrain

Mandatory changes that NEED TO BE ADDRESSED in this game.

On 1/3/2019 at 6:53 AM, hamon said:

In my view CrowFall's PVE should be present with the PVP clearly. Take a look at CrowFall's plot focused on survival against HUNGER effect:
The player arrives in a town that is about to be devoured by the Hunger. The player needs to collect and bring to the city all possible resources and has the difficult task of facing his brothers in the Battlegrounds for the few remaining foods in a slowly devoured world with crescent zones without any resources.

The player goes to a recruiter in the city and after entering the lobby with MM and queue he goes into the open world map where he needs to fight for survival all the time without stopping.
There he starts collecting everything he can with a small group of allies. Players gain XP with PVE elements and will learn new skills/talents, manufacture items and most importantly need to eat, but food is very limited. There would be two ways to win the game: logistics and war. You would choose between stocking as much food as possible or simply stealing it. You would build a Fort with defenses to hide your riches and spend the winter. Anyway, all this could be put into the game, but always focused on the competitive against hunger and against other players.

The problem is that as the game progresses food becomes scarce and players are getting more and more hungrier. There begins the war, because when you see enemies will desperately fight for food to simply stay alive!

Players will fight hopelessly all the time to last as long as possible on the map. When they are killed by hunger or other enemies the  player returns to the  city and uses the resources that he gained during the match to do research and create better items. Better players on Craft or PVP receives Condecorations and ranked positions due more survival in "Hunger Dome" maps with perhaps 30-60 min duration.

You spiced it up nicely with a textual sleight of hands, but at the end of the day you ended up back where you started with ...

Condecorations and ranked positions due more survival in "Hunger Dome" maps with perhaps 30-60 min duration.

Maybe they will have a PvP Arena mode at some point but clearly it is not the focus of this game.

cos_wb_sig1.png

Is everyone here forgetting that factories will be a thing allowing groups to mass produce decent quality gear. Reducing the harvesting/crafting grind for PvP players. I'd imagine that factories and thralls will help decrease the "grind". 

I personally think there needs to be some in-game social UI element for newer players to be connected with guilds and groups much sooner than later. And as a result have the infrastructure for easily overcoming the initial harvesting/crafting grind. 

1 hour ago, Jjusticar said:

Is everyone here forgetting that factories will be a thing allowing groups to mass produce decent quality gear. Reducing the harvesting/crafting grind for PvP players. I'd imagine that factories and thralls will help decrease the "grind". 

I personally think there needs to be some in-game social UI element for newer players to be connected with guilds and groups much sooner than later. And as a result have the infrastructure for easily overcoming the initial harvesting/crafting grind. 

We know nothing about factories besides the name.  Hard to determine their impact without knowing the rules of the system. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, Ninepaces said:

Disagree on all points made in the op. 

The biggest and most compelling part of this game is the need to be successful at crafting and gvg in order to win the campaign.

Don't us "we want". Speak for yourself. As far as I know now you're in the minority on these points. 

Yes, having 200 people online in a MMO that has to be released soft-launch this year is a GREAT sign.  Crafting is exactly what us pvper's were thinking 2-3 years ago when we PAID alot for a hope/dream aka, "Play to Crush".  

The game has a great crafting system; but then again, the MAJORITY of pre-backers were not sold this.  Feel free to somehow consider yourself a hardcore PvPer...but my gut tells me you didn't play Ultima Online or even Shadowbane,.  You're a newer sub and i'm glad you are enjoying Craft-All.  But the majority of players were 30-55 old nostalgia players who wanted to once again remember our care-free youth. We do enough 'building and work' in real-life now, so keep telling yourself that 200+ players is the majority.

Edited by Wrain

22 hours ago, Wrain said:

Yes, having 200 people online in a MMO that has to be released soft-launch this year is a GREAT sign.  Crafting is exactly what us pvper's were thinking 2-3 years ago when we PAID alot for a hope/dream aka, "Play to Crush".  

The game has a great crafting system; but then again, the MAJORITY of pre-backers were not sold this.  Feel free to somehow consider yourself a hardcore PvPer...but my gut tells me you didn't play Ultima Online or even Shadowbane,.  You're a newer sub and i'm glad you are enjoying Craft-All.  But the majority of players were 30-55 old nostalgia players who wanted to once again remember our care-free youth. We do enough 'building and work' in real-life now, so keep telling yourself that 200+ players is the majority.

Its 200 players because people don't wanna play a pre alpha that will eventually delete all progress, I have 9 friends that want to play the game when it releases and I'm sure people coming from other games have friends that will play when its done too, pre alphas arent for a lot of people, they don't like the bugs and the progression deletion 

hoayaga2.jpg

1 hour ago, Staff said:

Its 200 players because people don't wanna play a pre alpha that will eventually delete all progress, I have 9 friends that want to play the game when it releases and I'm sure people coming from other games have friends that will play when its done too, pre alphas arent for a lot of people, they don't like the bugs and the progression deletion 

In a game that has a time gated skill progression like eve online, I sure agree with you. Sure some folks will pop in for a couple days here and there, but all the wipes and major changes will deter all by the biggest fans. Once the game gets past alpha stage I too suspect many will come back. There will be concern if there is only a couple hundred in another 6 months, assuming soft launch is still scheduled for this year.

I came back for 5.8. Tried it out when they where doing tests over a year ago and thought it was a mess. I think the game is coming alone well but I have my concerns as well though mine are probably different than the OPs.

If the game is planing to survive on old SB players, I shouldn't have even bothered with it and put my money on something that might be around for a few years. I think most people would like the game to have a long life with lots of players and that means catering some to more casual players as in giving them stuff to do that isn't just getting ganked. As the OP said there are some other games coming out 2019/2020 that are going to be tough competition for PvP players. I've never been much of a PvPer so i cant really comment much but to say my experience so far is getting 2 shot by an assassin and 3 shot buy a gun toting hamster losing everything I gathered the previous 3 hours. Which to be honest did piss me off but its not like i can do anything with the stuff anyway as crafting has to be learned with the passive points or what ever its called the idea of which i like but if the system is currently set to super speed like i thought i had heard, it is going to be long boring slog at launch. Why even play the game for the first few weeks, just log in now and then to spend points until you can actually do anything worth your time.

I don't know, i see possibilities for good things, like the fluctuation of faction boarders and that the world will end after a few months these are things that can be great and really let this game stand out. But I can also see it going in a way were it ends up like so many other mmos. I think they really want to get the game out this year because of the whole GoT craze they've tried to associate with so much and as the last season coming out this year its got to come out now.

ps. Throne War sounds dumb

large.png?1427076055

http://thetradecompany.shivtr.com/

On 1/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Staff said:

Game does have the feeling of CRAFT-ALL a bit at this point for sure. Maybe that will change with more guilds and more robust economy and longer campaigns. But more combat focused leveling might help too. Too few mob camps where you seem to have to travel far and wide to find at lower levels. Common question in chat: Hey where are the mobs? I ran all over and haven't seen any? Common answer: If your leveling against mobs you're doing it wrong. Is that intended? Should it be? Again, that answer might change with more guilds and longer campaigns.  Not sure.

I was someone who advocated for slower leveling with more to do at those low levels, that could contribute to higher lvls in SB, to no avail of course. Warhammer had something like this with different lvl combat zones that contributed to the upper lvls.  If I remember right you were forced out of lower combat zones ones you reach max for that zone. Maybe some shards within the campaign could be designed for lower lvl combat leveling somehow?  XP group runs with my guild in SB, moving to higher and higher lvl camps, scouting for potential high level ambushers made for great times in Shadowbane.  Those small skirmishes were the best times for me because I lagged out during banes and was typically useless during them. But those skirmishes played a big role for the endgame because it's where you made enemies, got revenge, and played the politics that could cause larger scale battles that could turn into wars. Maybe adding some linear type shards/map progression (Im not saying all linear) to the mix would be something to think about.

Not necessarily advocating for these things however.

22 minutes ago, jimmlop said:

Common answer: If your leveling against mobs you're doing it wrong. Is that intended? Should it be? Again, that answer might change with more guilds and longer campaigns.  Not sure.

craft stuff then sacrifice it for xp or sacrifice a bunch of gold for xp. Silly way to gain XP if you ask me, but I think I am in the minority on this, so I grin and bear it. 

14 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

craft stuff then sacrifice it for xp or sacrifice a bunch of gold for xp. Silly way to gain XP if you ask me, but I think I am in the minority on this, so I grin and bear it. 

I think everybody would like pvp being a viable way to level.  Currently farming any non basic ore and wood to make nails and then architectural frames using stone mason at any stone mason table (forts and keeps) is the fastest.  In spring time with no training you can do it outside of the beach heads in around an hour and half with no risk since it’s a beach head 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 1/1/2019 at 12:35 AM, DocToral said:

Despite being just a MOBA, LoL matches routinely last over an hour 

https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/game-durations 

wiDfyPp.png