BigJerk

Fae Assassins overpopulated, op

Recommended Posts

At the very least , 50 percent of the population is a Fae Assassin , I your not paying attention for 10 seconds , your dead , with multiple 2500 + hits back to back. On top of dot poisons . Based on half the population being a Fae Assassin I think they agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been ganked on the EU Server. Actually i never saw any enemy player at all, even i went to the enemy starting zone with my templar. And that turns me more of then beeing ganked, cause i am elekin and have stealth vision lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigJerk said:

At the very least , 50 percent of the population is a Fae Assassin

Please describe the methodology of how you conducted the poll with which you ascertained this figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with any PvP game, I just browse the fight videos to stay on top of the meta... Hard to find a recent Crowfall PvP video that isn't a translucent blue winged dude skulking about and roflstomping 2-3 people at once. Over and over. For ten-ish minutes at a time.

Not that it's impacted me any; my PvP deaths tend to be delivered by running into a roving band of 5-10 enemies - as it should be. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are also no shortage of videos from the perspectives of Clerics, Druids and Myrms, thankfully. Maybe we should all roll a Champion. I'm sure that'd be much more fun for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blazzen said:

Fae Assassin is just really good for anything solo whether that's ganking or harvesting which is why you see a lot of them.

They're not great in group fights. 

This is true ,  I been killed by maybe 3 or 4 assassins alone , beaten many others that tried to emulate the great ones . Just still seems like there is a lot out there. I can't argue with the fae vessel part . They are good , I remember rolling a Fae druid in 5.7 boy when I learned I could glide that was it. I still would use my druid if not for the changing in heal to damage all the time . lol

 

Edited by BigJerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, moneda said:

There are also no shortage of videos from the perspectives of Clerics, Druids and Myrms, thankfully. Maybe we should all roll a Champion. I'm sure that'd be much more fun for everyone.

I really wasn't planning on replying to you as your just being biased . I'm trying to get opinions , not biased posts . So if you don't really have anything constructive to say , I'd even accept constructive critism , but your  just being biased why bother posting ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

I really wasn't planning on replying to you as your just being biased . I'm trying to get opinions , not biased posts . So if you don't really have anything constructive to say , I'd even accept constructive critism , but your  just being biased why bother posting ?

1. The more you repeat a word the less likely I am to believe you know what it means.
2. That I would be "biased" simply for playing an Assassin is funny considering the fact I've also leveled multiple Confessors, Rangers and Druids since 5.8 went Live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moneda said:

1. The more you repeat a word the less likely I am to believe you know what it means.
2. That I would be "biased" simply for playing an Assassin is funny considering the fact I've also leveled multiple Confessors, Rangers and Druids since 5.8 went Live.

Lol. , your biased , I never said you played an assassin, didn't even assume. Just stated the obvious from your post . Best thing you can do now is just stop posting if you don't have anything constructive to say , like why you disagree . Just biased and no engagement into the subject. I'm do you a solid and not reply to anything else you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

Lol. , your biased , I never said you played an assassin, didn't even assume. Just stated the obvious from your post . Best thing you can do now is just stop posting if you don't have anything constructive to say , like why you disagree . Just biased and no engagement into the subject. I'm do you a solid and not reply to anything else you say.

I'm "biased" for disagreeing but you're not "biased" for having been killed and deciding there are too many of this class you were killed by and they're overpowered. Sounds legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, moneda said:

I'm "biased" for disagreeing but you're not "biased" for having been killed and deciding there are too many of this class you were killed by and they're overpowered. Sounds legit.

So, say, you saying there isnt too many asassins running around? You saying they arent OP? Let's get this thread in order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

So, say, you saying there isnt too many asassins running around? You saying they arent OP?

I would say yes to both of those questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

death shroud and ambush = bad time

don't really see many non fae assassins

Edited by Tinnis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You only see Fae assassins because that's the only class worth playing as an assassin. That's all. I really don't see that many assassins, or Fae, and I'm running around to gank people all the time. I will admit that lately, more people have started to play the assassin class.. but who cares? They're by far not overpowered. Strong perhaps, but not overpowered. There are a good couple other classes which have higher damage, or simply are unkillable even 1-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Puffs said:

You only see Fae assassins because that's the only class worth playing as an assassin. That's all. I really don't see that many assassins, or Fae, and I'm running around to gank people all the time. I will admit that lately, more people have started to play the assassin class.. but who cares? They're by far not overpowered. Strong perhaps, but not overpowered. There are a good couple other classes which have higher damage, or simply are unkillable even 1-3.

I call bulldust. Tell me which classes are those...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarriaKarl said:

I call bulldust. Tell me which classes are those...

Duelists can hit 2.7k+. Pitfighter Champs are literally unkillable 1v1, even 1 vs 3 sometimes without another Champ or a healer, Plate Confessors while they don't do massive burst like an Assassin or Duelist, will kite you 24/7 and you will literally not be able to touch a good one. You have to either out-sustain their mana until they Fervor, or die. Leather Rangers, if built right, can shred most classes down to 0 in a few seconds but are extremely squishy in return for that burst.

I test against Endless all the time on my Assassin. He has literally never died 1v1, because he literally cannot. He takes on 3-4 people all the time. Yes, he's a damn good player but he'll even admit that Minotaur and the Champion class are overpowered. Assassin is in a good place right now, being not too strong it's silly, and not being completely useless. Once disciplines are a commitment however, their stealth mechanic may become overpowered, maybe not when Perception starts working, it's 50/50. As it is now, everyone has the ability to swap anti-stealth discs and more importantly all it takes is one DoT to completely ruin an Assassin's day. Their only sustain is in stealth. If they can't sustain stealth for the heals, they're screwed. If they can't get into stealth because you have a DoT on them, they're screwed. 

Whoever thought it was a good idea to give Minotaurs immunity to frontal stun in a PvP game must have been pretty high, especially considering the Retaliate mechanic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't see that many Assassins. But there are a few that are very proficient and just feast on harvesters.

It's a flashy class and of course people are going to be drawn to the class called "Assassin"

If they dominated group fights then I'd definitely say they were OP but if anything they're a liability in larger fights. The Tank Champ and Tank Confessor dominate small scale and large scale fights and are ACTUALLY overpowered. Assassin is just the king of it's niche....killing solo harvesters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Puffs said:

Duelists can hit 2.7k+. Pitfighter Champs are literally unkillable 1v1, even 1 vs 3 sometimes without another Champ or a healer, Plate Confessors while they don't do massive burst like an Assassin or Duelist, will kite you 24/7 and you will literally not be able to touch a good one. You have to either out-sustain their mana until they Fervor, or die. Leather Rangers, if built right, can shred most classes down to 0 in a few seconds but are extremely squishy in return for that burst.

I test against Endless all the time on my Assassin. He has literally never died 1v1, because he literally cannot. He takes on 3-4 people all the time. Yes, he's a damn good player but he'll even admit that Minotaur and the Champion class are overpowered. Assassin is in a good place right now, being not too strong it's silly, and not being completely useless. Once disciplines are a commitment however, their stealth mechanic may become overpowered, maybe not when Perception starts working, it's 50/50. As it is now, everyone has the ability to swap anti-stealth discs and more importantly all it takes is one DoT to completely ruin an Assassin's day. Their only sustain is in stealth. If they can't sustain stealth for the heals, they're screwed. If they can't get into stealth because you have a DoT on them, they're screwed. 

Whoever thought it was a good idea to give Minotaurs immunity to frontal stun in a PvP game must have been pretty high, especially considering the Retaliate mechanic. 

Hmmm, seems more of "It could be worse' than a 'it's alright' POV to me.

Okay, you said u are a sin player. Tell me honestly, is it fun? Challenging? Rewarding? The assassin seems to me the most blandest implementation a stealth user could get. Stealth, opener, dps rotation, win. All of that in fights that last less than 15 secs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

Hmmm, seems more of "It could be worse' than a 'it's alright' POV to me.

Okay, you said u are a sin player. Tell me honestly, is it fun? Challenging? Rewarding? The assassin seems to me the most blandest implementation a stealth user could get. Stealth, opener, dps rotation, win. All of that in fights that last less than 15 secs.

For ganking, which is what I do mainly, it's great. For me, it's very fun. I just enjoy the gameplay, having to get resets, hiding, disengaging, etc. I mean, they're could be more utilization of stealth for all the specs tbh. I'd really like us to be more reliant on stealths, as in the actual combos, but that's probably just the ex-WoW player inside me speaking. 

We're good solo fighters, as Zybak said, however in group fights we're kinda the black sheep. People see Assassins wrecking in what they're good at and assume they're OP. They're really not, and as it stands now, we really have a hard time. If we get focused at all? We're dead. Period.

Definitely challenging in anything that isn't ganking, and ganking a group can be quite challenging. Especially if the group has one DoT.

Yes we CAN hit hard, but the highest I've ever hit was a 2.6k Diffusion, and generally they only hit 1.5k on average. What wins in this game isn't damage, it's the ability to sustain yourself and mitigate someone else's damage. Duelists are over here hitting above 2.5k consistently but granted they are squishier, however have way more mobility AND they also have stealth. 

Also keep in mind that we're pre-alpha, and class/race balance isn't really a main focus as of now. We get nerfs and buffs every now and then though. Blackguard sins actually just got a 30% damage reduction I believe... imagine what it was like before rofl. Rangers used to have I believe what, a 80 or 85 meter range? Just play the game, learn it, grow with it, and come out being one of the few hundred extremely knowledgeable players down the line :)

Then when we go live in a couple or so years, you can say, aye, I was here in the pre-alpha! Look at meeeeeee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.