Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigJerk

Fae Assassins overpopulated, op

On 1/1/2019 at 4:26 AM, BigJerk said:

At the very least , 50 percent of the population is a Fae Assassin , I your not paying attention for 10 seconds , your dead , with multiple 2500 + hits back to back. On top of dot poisons . Based on half the population being a Fae Assassin I think they agree

Can I see the math and resources you used to come to this conclusion? 

Posted (edited)

I feel highelfs may make good assassins late game due to the Amulet spot but u need a realy high end amulet to make it worth it. Cant realy use the amulet slot trinekt as a stealth class cause of the -25 stealth it gives.

Assasin just realy good in open world solo pvp stuff which is happening alot and Fae vessel was original designed with assasins original so they kinda the strongest one atm before they split races and classes

Edited by veeshan

1 minute ago, veeshan said:

I feel highelfs may make good assassins late game due to the Amulet spot but u need a realy high end amulet to make it worth it. Cant realy use the amulet slot trinekt as a stealth class cause of the -25 stealth it gives.

Assasin just realy good in open world solo pvp stuff which is happening alot and Fae vessel was original designed with assasins original so they kinda the strongest one atm before they split races and classes

Fae sucks at everything else though.  Let them have one thing. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Fae sucks at everything else though.  Let them have one thing. 

i never said they shouldnt :P
There glide may be good on druids and frost weavers on situations if things like forts/keeps end up being placed near mountains in the future when they add more parcels for forts/keeps
Woodelfs are another one that is kinda meh but there dodge through walls and things make up for it

Edited by veeshan

Just now, veeshan said:

i never said they shouldnt :P
There glide may be good on druids and frost weavers on situations if things like forts/keeps end up being placed near mountains in the future when they add more parcels for forts/keeps

Wood elf dodge > some poorly made socksty glide you can use to your advantage rarely

I'm all for glide being cool when you need it but the amount of use you get isn't enough when compared to a wood elf dodge that lets you go through things/people/happiness

Just now, mandalore said:

Wood elf dodge > some poorly made socksty glide you can use to your advantage rarely

I'm all for glide being cool when you need it but the amount of use you get isn't enough when compared to a wood elf dodge that lets you go through things/people/happiness

the thing is there stat distribution is Meh across the bored for woodelfs

Fae glide can be easy escape along with engage off ravines and things and u can dodge fall dmg on many places other people would like towers/walls.
Not sure if u can switch to and glide after a knock up though would be useful there too if u are able too.

Fae glide needs to be easier to use though like holding down space triggers it for aslong as space is held winstead of mashing space like 3 times and accidently hitting it one to many times :P

Just now, veeshan said:

the thing is there stat distribution is Meh across the bored for woodelfs

Fae glide can be easy escape along with engage off ravines and things and u can dodge fall dmg on many places other people would like towers/walls.
Not sure if u can switch to and glide after a knock up though would be useful there too if u are able too.

Fae glide needs to be easier to use though like holding down space triggers it for aslong as space is held winstead of mashing space like 3 times and accidently hitting it one to many times :P

Gliding away from the siege doesn't do the team much good.  Teleporting through your enemy when trying to body block you and mass target you and landing safely (and they can't see what direction you went) is a much bigger bonus imo for Druid since they have no really defensive options outside of Ult;  Earthwardens don't have a block that heals, no parry to mitigate dmg or cc off of.  Teleport is going to save you every time you use it, glide will save you maybe if your in the right situation and even if it does will probably put you in the weird spot of how do you get back to the fight. 

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Gliding away from the siege doesn't do the team much good.  Teleporting through your enemy when trying to body block you and mass target you and landing safely (and they can't see what direction you went) is a much bigger bonus imo for Druid since they have no really defensive options outside of Ult;  Earthwardens don't have a block that heals, no parry to mitigate dmg or cc off of.  Teleport is going to save you every time you use it, glide will save you maybe if your in the right situation and even if it does will probably put you in the weird spot of how do you get back to the fight. 

Teleport does absolutly nothing to a knight, u get pulled and dodge pips removed, they can then block the ulti cause thats always the druids next go too. 
Knights are underplayed atm because outside of super small scale they dont do a whole lot in larger scale stuff.
Glide allows for out of no where ganks since the ravines are one of the best places for gold and resources aswell and thats something only fae can do.
There a reason why woodelfs stats are dog poorly made socks and its cause there dodge is good everything else about them is Meh.
Fae actualy have good stats for all 3 classes it can play more so on assasins, the offensive druids benefit well on the high int/dex and im assuming frostweaver will do the same.
You also get bonus stealth speed too if i remember correctly

11 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Teleport does absolutly nothing to a knight, u get pulled and dodge pips removed, they can then block the ulti cause thats always the druids next go too. 
Knights are underplayed atm because outside of super small scale they dont do a whole lot in larger scale stuff.

1.  Teleporting through say 10 people and a knight finding you istantly and then hitting you with those people in the way?  Good on the knight!

2.  Soulein, my guild leader, will play nothing but knight.  I've been hearing it for years about how good they are. 

21 hours ago, BigJerk said:

This is true ,  I been killed by maybe 3 or 4 assassins alone , beaten many others that tried to emulate the great ones . Just still seems like there is a lot out there. I can't argue with the fae vessel part . They are good , I remember rolling a Fae druid in 5.7 boy when I learned I could glide that was it. I still would use my druid if not for the changing in heal to damage all the time . lol

It's not just that Fae are good, it's that they are FUN! That glide is probably the most fun racial ability in the game right now. Don't mistake fun imbalance with effective imbalance. 

Assassins are very situational, and you have to be really good to make them work out of situation.

• Solo against a player with no ability to reveal, they are deadly. (unless it's a champ)
  • Solo against a scattered group, they can pick apart and cause a great deal of panic.
  • In a large fight (20v20+) they can do some amazing things in the back lines, both offensive and defensive.
  • 3-5 v 3-5, they are not so good, because the fight tends to not have much besides a single focal point and it's easy for them to be revealed/focused and killed in seconds if they take an aggressive approach.

Regardless of the above, they are easy to shut down.  One discipline anyone can take, mole hunter, and it's proper use, and suddenly assassins are not all that effective. If 50% of the population is running them, then 50% of the population should be running mole hunter to counter them, and using their wing feathers to pick their teeth with.

Stealth is always going to be a touchy balancing act.  You want the assassin/duelist able to gank some, but it should be high risk.  Getting ganked always feels worse than dieing in a large battle.

There are counters – IE Mole Hunter.   This might be a solution and work out fine if you are able to equip/unequip (still bound) these later on when the cost goes up?

1 minute ago, Zorph said:

Stealth is always going to be a touchy balancing act.  You want the assassin/duelist able to gank some, but it should be high risk.  Getting ganked always feels worse than dieing in a large battle.

There are counters – IE Mole Hunter.   This might be a solution and work out fine if you are able to equip/unequip (still bound) these later on when the cost goes up?

Do not agree at all.  If you want a tool in your box for every situation, that should be in the form of finished vessels, and not based on the current ability to swap in/out disciplines essentially at will.

ACE has left that in for now, both for testing, and because the harvesting solution of having dedicated harvesting slots AND the other slots, has not been implemented yet.  6.0 will most likely see the end of the discipline swapping meta we now have, and everyone will have to make a hard choice about how situationally protective they are.

Just now, VaMei said:

With the number of counter discs available (and by some accounts 'mandatory'), should they possibly be changed to minor discs?

I could live with that.  If all minor discs gave you ONE thing, and those were what you could swap out, that may be a better solution to meta changes. 

Right now mole hunter has three powers that I would call very effective in dealing with stealth.  If there was a minor version of each, so to get all the effects at once you had to swap every minor discipline, that would probably be acceptable, because you would still be locked into the majors.

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

Do not agree at all.  If you want a tool in your box for every situation, that should be in the form of finished vessels, and not based on the current ability to swap in/out disciplines essentially at will.

ACE has left that in for now, both for testing, and because the harvesting solution of having dedicated harvesting slots AND the other slots, has not been implemented yet.  6.0 will most likely see the end of the discipline swapping meta we now have, and everyone will have to make a hard choice about how situationally protective they are.

At launch it is almost guaranteed there will be groups of stealth going around ganking.  If you are going to harvest the solution is to have mole hunter.  But if you run mole hunter you will be at a huge disadvantage.   I love having choices and them mattering. 

Are we going to only have character/vessel slot at launch?

Just now, Zorph said:

At launch it is almost guaranteed there will be groups of stealth going around ganking.  If you are going to harvest the solution is to have mole hunter.  But if you run mole hunter you will be at a huge disadvantage.   I love having choices and them mattering. 

Are we going to only have character/vessel slot at launch?

I would give it a 95% chance we will keep the vessel system as is at this point. It is third pass on the model, and I don't see ACE changing it again at this late hour, especially given how well it has been received by what seems like the majority of players.

The live stream said that we would have 3 slots not 6, but there was also a kick starter reward for more vessel slots. As an adjustable value I can see in the future a strong probability that there will be additional ways to buy more slots, a possibility for more slots to be part of the reward system, and perhaps be tied to VIP status now that passive training is completely disconnected from it.

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

I would give it a 95% chance we will keep the vessel system as is at this point. It is third pass on the model, and I don't see ACE changing it again at this late hour, especially given how well it has been received by what seems like the majority of players.

The live stream said that we would have 3 slots not 6, but there was also a kick starter reward for more vessel slots. As an adjustable value I can see in the future a strong probability that there will be additional ways to buy more slots, a possibility for more slots to be part of the reward system, and perhaps be tied to VIP status now that passive training is completely disconnected from it.

I think if they go with 3 it will go over well.   Kind of devalues the slots that the kickstarters paid for, but I do agree it is a fair amount and best for the game.

5 hours ago, Zorph said:

I think if they go with 3 it will go over well.   Kind of devalues the slots that the kickstarters paid for, but I do agree it is a fair amount and best for the game.

I’ll stkll have 6 though.  3 from Ks, 3 from base.  I can live with that. 

Also I think stealth is going to become much stronger when assassins start to group up.

It will be like lions stalking their prey.  But with group all attacking at once, they will win easily.  But if people use anti-stealth they may not get away easy.