Sign in to follow this  
VaMei

Hide

Posted (edited)

/equip fire suit

I suspect one reason there are so many assassins (beyond ZYBAK's YouTube success) is the simple ability to go AFK in relative safety while you’re in the world. Need to take a leak? Stealth. Need another beverage? Stealth. Wife Agro? Stealth.

Should we give everyone the ability to hide? Blank their screen so they can’t see (but they can hear), and a few moments later apply stealth to their avatar. As long as they take no action, they’re hidden. While hidden, if they are revealed by another player, they don’t know about it until attacked. Once they do move or take action, they are removed from stealth, and after a few moments they can see again.

With this, everyone can go AFK when life calls. It would also offer some interesting possibilities for pop-up ambushes.

wolverineambush.gif

Note: this isn't even what I'd call a suggestion, just me thinking out loud. Depending on how it's implemented, there are a lot of ways this could be abused to the point of breaking the game.

Edited by VaMei

Have to say it would be convenient for those moments when you really do have to step away for just a minute. That said probably it'd be even smarter to just log out and back in, even if it does mean loading screens ...

I play an assassin as a secondary character in open world because it allows an easy escape if ganked while farming mats and honestly it allows a lot of 1vX potential when you wanna take someone elses stuff, if they dont have the right counter the group is screwed, it may take a few minutes finding the perfect time to burst someone down but it offers the safest and easiest route of doing so, then again the rogue types are always the most played in every mmo 

9 hours ago, Staff said:

then again the rogue types are always the most played in every mmo 

Ain't that the truth! The Rogue is an excellent Jack-of-all-Trades.