Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macetime

Tankiest class race combo?

I just started playing and am still learning all the systems and subsystems, I like the idea of playing a tanky character that controls the battlefield via positioning and cc, just curious on what the tankiest combo of class and race would be from more experienced members of the community? I was leaning towards a stoneborn knight or champion? or would another combo be tougher?

Posted (edited)

Minotaur Pit Fighter Champion.

Insane mobility + Bloodthirst that you can use in combination with your invinvibility/iFrames + Baseline Pit Fighter kit that is absurdly powerful.

Pit Fighter is absolutely going to get nerfed though so I wouldn't get too comfy. 

Edited by ZYBAK

Thanks! Any other tanky combos prefereably not a minotaur lol They are my least favorite in terms of looks I would rather be a stoneborn or humanoid or even a centaur. Also I like your channel I have watched a bunch of your vids!

1 hour ago, pistkitty said:

I keep hearing how awesome and overpowered Pit Fighter is.  There's no disc rune by that name (that I'm aware of) what is/are the rune(s) used to make that build?

It's one of the Champion's promotions

4 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

Minotaur Pit Fighter Champion.

Really? Wouldn't Half-Giant be tankier cuz of the racial invuln?

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Reading over the descriptions.  It sounds to me Pit Fighter then Battle Rager should be the two most tanky if they use actives to stay invincible/berserker.  This also sounds like what people are experience in game.  Knight seems to be more offensive on paper, even though I picture them as the best base defense.  Templar seems to be more of a tank/support. 

Champion/Pit Fighter

Are you the scrappy sort that hates to see a fight end too soon? Your Ultimate power, Invincible Warrior, gives you a damage preventing barrier and healing over time for minimal soul power cost. Since the Pit Fighter passive (stackable five times!) gives you +100 attack power with every self-healing effect trigger, you’re well equipped to go the distance.

Myrmidon/Battle Rager

Tank your way to heroic legend with this Promotion Class. Tap into Invincible Storm to shrug off the damage caused by post-Whirlwind Berserk Crash. Even better, your passive power increases your maximum health by 50% of the Berserk Crash damage you avoided.  

Knight/Secutor

Grab your tower shield. With lots of shield improvements and increased health, you’ll be ready to rumble. Shieldsmanship is a passive that will raise your Shield Bash base damage by 100%. (Yes, 100%, that’s not a typo!) Furthermore, all successful shield attacks will grant you combo points that can be used for Shield Bash.

Templar/Paladin

Sometimes it pays to be the good guy. Your Paladin passive grants a stacking chance for critical heals to you with each ally you heal, Virtuous Light does away with the the need to maintain Righteousness, and Profound Devotion heals your allies and you for 50% of the damage you deal. The icing on the Paladin’s cake is a free 12-second healing circle thanks to the removal of Divine Light’s pip requirement. Enemies within that field periodically suffer 168 - 252 + 210% Fire Weapon damage

On 1/3/2019 at 7:13 AM, Macetime said:

How tanky are clerics?

As tanky as aluminum.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, veeshan said:

Not a knight thats for sure :P haha

I think I saw your knight armor for sale in the Temple. Did you give up on knight or just get better gear?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Pwca said:

I think I saw your knight armor for sale in the Temple. Did you give up on knight or just get better gear?

thats my old set got green set now for plate that being said my knight now my harvester mainly

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 08/01/2019 at 11:12 PM, mandalore said:

As tanky as aluminum.  

Airborne military vehicles tends to have aluminium armor because it's much lighter than steel or iron, and still relatively strong.
So are you saying clerics are not a tank class, but still a very tough class?

1 hour ago, Gaulwa said:

Airborne military vehicles tends to have aluminium armor because it's much lighter than steel or iron, and still relatively strong.

I actually rather enjoy the precision and thoughtful troll with this response.  Aluminum alloys are indeed strong and light weight.  They function well in ballistics test, they are corrosion resistant and they are relatively inexpensive.  

In this instance, and I think you know this, my comment was about how pliable straight aluminum is.  

To prevent any confusion I’ll be as direct as possible:

How tanky are clerics?

Without iframes clerics aren’t hyper resistant to damage.  Block is an okay prevention but you can’t do it forever, while you’re doing it you’re not doing anything else and one shieldbreaker will ruin you.  The class itself lacks any movement abilities so getting caught it a serious concern.  You can’t rescue you’re self so you’re entirely reliant on another healer to catch you if you start to drop.  Mail is decent for defensive stats but plate is better.  You can’t proc your own barrier from crusader so don’t count that towards your effective tankiness.  You can build tanky but you will still need to play like a gripe and make sure your actual tanks peel for you when you’re caught.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Gaulwa said:

I actually rather enjoy the precision and thoughtful troll with this response.  Aluminum alloys are indeed strong and light weight.  They function well in ballistics test, they are corrosion resistant and they are relatively inexpensive.  

In this instance, and I think you know this, my comment was about how pliable straight aluminum is.  

To prevent any confusion I’ll be as direct as possible:

How tanky are clerics?

Without iframes clerics aren’t hyper resistant to damage.  Block is an okay prevention but you can’t do it forever, while you’re doing it you’re not doing anything else and one shieldbreaker will ruin you.  The class itself lacks any movement abilities so getting caught it a serious concern.  You can’t rescue you’re self so you’re entirely reliant on another healer to catch you if you start to drop.  Mail is decent for defensive stats but plate is better.  You can’t proc your own barrier from crusader so don’t count that towards your effective tankiness.  You can build tanky but you will still need to play like a gripe and make sure your actual tanks peel for you when you’re caught.  

wiDfyPp.png

47 minutes ago, Gaulwa said:

Thank you for the detailed answer.

You’re very welcome guy. 

wiDfyPp.png