Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigJerk

East Coast server , East Coast players

Is a bit on the I'm just wondering how many east players on east coast server is in same situation as me .

I chose to players Coast server , after seeing west Coast and east Coast servers.  However. Doesn't feel so east coast to me .. Sieges are at 9:30 pm , new Campaigns start pretty late to. It's my feeling 9:30 pm is on the late side for east players that have to get up and be at work say 6 am . So other than weekends and holidays miss the seiges is there others in the same predicament, and how much would 1 hour move up time to 8:30 pm would help or affect the rest of the players on east coast server ? 

I think they are trying to make sieges good for all of NA.  So they pick 9:30 PM which is late for east coast but gives time for west coast to get home and eat to get on by 6:30 PM.  I am guessing the thought is East Coast players can stay up and just lose sleep.  Some West Coast players physically can’t make it home.

IMHO I think 9 PM EST/6 PM EST.  We have people from all over the world and in general have found 9 PM EST the best time to get everyone on for an hour.

It's the Monday Night Football thing. Have to try to cater to both coasts. It's only occurring now because there is only one NA campaign. When there are campaigns for both the east and west coasts, the times can be shifted to be more timezone friendly.

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

It's the Monday Night Football thing. Have to try to cater to both coasts. It's only occurring now because there is only one NA campaign. When there are campaigns for both the east and west coasts, the times can be shifted to be more timezone friendly.

How many servers/campaigns do you think they are going to launch with?

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

I thought Monday night football starts at 8:20 PM EST. 

They try to play middle ground and hope East Coast people stay up to the end and West Cost people rush home.

28 minutes ago, Zorph said:

I thought Monday night football starts at 8:20 PM EST. 

They try to play middle ground and hope East Coast people stay up to the end and West Cost people rush home.

It does, but it used to be at 9 pm EST. As you said, they are trying to accommodate both groups.

46 minutes ago, mandalore said:

How many servers/campaigns do you think they are going to launch with?

It's impossible to say. I know they are targeting 2000 per campaign, but who knows if that number will be achievable. Assuming it is, how many players will there be? There are 289k people signed up and 53k backers. I'm sure there will be a large influx of people when the game soft launches, and then probably a bigger wave when they do the marketing blitz.

Say we get 50k on soft launch. That's enough for 25 campaigns, more if they do less than 2k per campaign. That should be enough to have multiple options in each region.

14 minutes ago, Arkade said:

It does, but it used to be at 9 pm EST. As you said, they are trying to accommodate both groups.

It's impossible to say. I know they are targeting 2000 per campaign, but who knows if that number will be achievable. Assuming it is, how many players will there be? There are 289k people signed up and 53k backers. I'm sure there will be a large influx of people when the game soft launches, and then probably a bigger wave when they do the marketing blitz.

Say we get 50k on soft launch. That's enough for 25 campaigns, more if they do less than 2k per campaign. That should be enough to have multiple options in each region.

When you say 2k people do you mean 2k characters active at once or just 2k total characters.  I don't see servers being very active with one of those scenario's especially if what we see now are the very smallest possible maps.  

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, Arkade said:

The above said being true, there is still the problem that guilds have the same internal problem. Guilds will want to run together on whatever world, and they will have players who they have known and played with for years, all from different time zones.

I would prefer if the mechanics were suited for all time zones, or that populations were balanced around the clock so the server is always active with someone, HOWEVER, that is a very tall order, and I suspect possibly insoluble problem.

With big enough worlds though, I can see them having East coast Islands, and West Coast islands, with both on different ideal schedules, but connected by rune gates into a bigger world.

What would be super slick, is if they could simulate the entire world clock via gates, and have islands hosted on different servers, not just full campaigns. 

4 hours ago, Zorph said:

I think they are trying to make sieges good for all of NA.  So they pick 9:30 PM which is late for east coast but gives time for west coast to get home and eat to get on by 6:30 PM.  I am guessing the thought is East Coast players can stay up and just lose sleep.  Some West Coast players physically can’t make it home.

IMHO I think 9 PM EST/6 PM EST.  We have people from all over the world and in general have found 9 PM EST the best time to get everyone on for an hour.

If they was to set it back 1 hour , that make it 5:30 West coast , 6:30 MT ,7:30 central ,8:30 est

IMO that's would be the best times, but I don't know as I don't as much as the devs would know on this matter. So just comes down to my opinion.

34 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

If they was to set it back 1 hour , that make it 5:30 West coast , 6:30 MT ,7:30 central ,8:30 est

IMO that's would be the best times, but I don't know as I don't as much as the devs would know on this matter. So just comes down to my opinion.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a guild of just your time zone. 

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

When you say 2k people do you mean 2k characters active at once or just 2k total characters.  I don't see servers being very active with one of those scenario's especially if what we see now are the very smallest possible maps.  

The current campaigns allow 1650 active players (not that we've seen close to that many). I have to assume then that the goal is to have 2000 active players, on average.

What about two siege windows, one suitable for east, one suitable for West.  Or one huge (2-3hr) siege window.

20 hours ago, Scorn said:

RIP West Coast workforce.

Yep, I loved being able to come home from work and miss out on sieges tonight.  It was a great game experience.

Going from 1830PST to 1630PST was too drastic; a simple one hour change to 1730 would make it so much better.  Of course wife and kids may not see you when you first get home, but hey gaming comes first right!

10 hours ago, Teufel said:

Yep, I loved being able to come home from work and miss out on sieges tonight.  It was a great game experience.

Going from 1830PST to 1630PST was too drastic; a simple one hour change to 1730 would make it so much better.  Of course wife and kids may not see you when you first get home, but hey gaming comes first right!

Then maybe people like us don't have the time to play games whenever we want. 

wiDfyPp.png