Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marvarian

Could my rig run Crowfall?

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the seemingly misplaced post, this is a new forum account so it's limiting me to this section for now.

I was just wondering if the listed specs below could run the game, in your opinions? I'm really interested in the game and just want to know if I can run it, before sinking any money into it.

Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel i5 8400 Hex-core 2.8GHz (4.0 Turbo)
RAM: 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Storage: 240GB SSD

Those are the main ones, if you need anymore information, let me know!

Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Code X

CPU: i7 8700k at 5.1GHz

RAM: 32GB DDR4 at 3200MHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Ti

Monitor: Acer 2560x1440 at 60Hz

You SHOULD be able to run the game just fine. I get depending on the area obviously 60-120 fps. I would guess you'd sit about 35-85 at max settings. Likely even higher if you're on a 1080p monitor.

Edited by Ambulance

Yes I run CF on an older gaming laptop with an i7-4k series CPU and mx965 GPU.  Your gaming laptop will be just fine, probably be at 45+ fps or higher most of the time.  Note that the game engine itself is the biggest cause of low fps and screen stutters at this time.  

Edited by Dern

Yes, but strongly advice to upgrade ypur cpu - most should have i7 in 2019 with current game graphics. I know it`s expensive, but worth it and I would sell the 1060 to upgrade to 1070 OC - also a huge difference concerning fps performance. 

Don`t overclock yourself, but let Nvidia do it for you much more safe for extra performance. 

Only BFV use the latest graphic cards RTX from 2080 series in their game, and it`s too expensive at the moment so not worth it unless you are an esport player and need really high FPS in shooter games or BR. But in an mmo like Crowfall - nope, dont need it at all. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

It would help to know what resolution, refresh rate, and settings (eye candy) you're wanting to run...  Yes, your hardware will run the game, but that's a small part of the equation.  The question is really whether the hardware will run the game in the way that you want.  We don't know what you want.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, Pycet said:

It would help to know what resolution, refresh rate, and settings (eye candy) you're wanting to run...  Yes, your hardware will run the game, but that's a small part of the equation.  The question is really whether the hardware will run the game in the way that you want.  We don't know what you want.

crowfall doesnt scale to native resolution anyway. i play everything in 1440p except crowfall. it just stays at 1080

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:23 PM, mythx said:

Only BFV use the latest graphic cards RTX from 2080 series in their game, and it`s too expensive at the moment so not worth it unless you are an esport player and need really high FPS in shooter games or BR. But in an mmo like Crowfall - nope, dont need it at all. 

1080ti is better then the 2080 by a tiny margin. Unless you are getting a 2080ti don't bother.