Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/3/19

Just now, Kelbarbar said:

It seems like it doesn't work only for runed blade.

You need the runic great sword recipe to make stuff with runic components. The runic recipes aren't in the game yet.

The Rehabilitation ability on the Field Surgeon discipline is not working. I tried it as a human knight on both my melee bar and my ranged bar (via arcane archer) and it doesn't do anything. No healing, nothing in either combat log. I tested the heals for Friar and Naiad and they both worked as expected.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Arkade said:

You need the runic great sword recipe to make stuff with runic components. The runic recipes aren't in the game yet.

Well I have another bug then because I did it with a Great axe :P

(I'm talking about using esoteric runes when crafting the blade and then using it in the Great Sword recipe .... it worked with the Axe just to be sure we are talking about the same thing)

Edited by Kelbarbar
To bring some details

UI feedback:

On the campaign selection screen (the confirm screen), the campaign region is not listed.  It seems like the campaign name should be listed as well because it currently says "PlayerNameVeryLongVery". 

Anyway...I ended up selecting the EU campaign instead of the NA campaign on accident.  I thought I had selected the NA campaign on the previous screen, confirmed and then discovered I hadn't.  Now my vessel is locked for the duration.

**was asked to copy this in here. 

Hey, got this game last week and played it quite a bit. I tried almost every class at least to level 10, and stuck with 3 of my favorites. The game is fun so far but has a few issues that I would love to see changed. And hopefully other players agree. 

Durability - I don't mind tools breaking, but weapons and armor durability should only go down when you die, in a more traditional MMO type, with the ability to repair you gear through vendor, or yourself. IF you can do this already i haven't found the person that can repair or know how to do it myself. There is no reason whatsoever for durability to go down from just equipping it. 

UI - this is the biggest issue i have. the UI is clean, it's nice to look at, it's easy to figure it out and see whats going on. However, it NEEDS to be split up, it NEEDS to be able to be opened while moving. What i mean is, Hit C to open character menu, I for inventory, K for skill ETC ETC. but open that window only. There is no need for the entire game menu to open every time you want to do something, making you stop all movement. I would live to auto run, and sort through my inventory etc. 

Gathering/loot- when hitting a rock or a tree or whatever to get MATS, it is fairly annoying when the piece flies off and some unpleasant person runs up and takes it from you. same goes for loot, all loot is open, and I wish it was locked. first come first serve just generates trolls, and a good example is a guy i met in the wild, said he was super low level and didn't know what to do. I invited him to a party and we just went mob hunting and tool some outposts. well he was super fast at looting and I saw items and gold disappear when i tried to loot.  I hope that at some point loot gets locked to the character that initiates the attack first. along with skinning. And for resource gathering i REALLY REALLY would love to see the broken pieces fly into your character, or just end up in your inventory with a notification of what you got. 

Skills and Trays - never change these. They are perfect and will forever insure that no 2 characters have the exact same build. 

Tutorials - Needs better in game tutorials. not videos, although helpful in some ways. 

Enable mouse - Would love to see a keybind to enable the mouse cursor in game, to be able to hover over skills and players. holding F by a player kind of sucks, i would rather right click with a list of options i can click on. However, I personally am a big fan of tab targeting MMOs, and this is just wishful thinking. But Star Trek online has a really good option between action, and tab targeting. I would LOVE this to be added at some point, With an auto basic attack. I understand this is useless in PvP, so the ability or a hotkey to switch back and forth would be awesome. TAb targeting for PVE, action for PVP. again. this is my personal wish, and i am not complaining about the combat system.

Gold - Take gold out of sacrifices, let us sell items to stores. so far gold seems kind of rare, and this game is tailored around crafting right. But for 1500 gold i can just buy a stack of anything. This makes me feel like gathering is just an early game thing, and late game you will just be able to buy the MATS you need, and go gather the stuff you cant find in stores. 

Crafting - please...let us craft in stacks. I dont mean gear, but cooking food, billets, leather etc. the basic stuff you need in order to make better stuff. Just add more time to the counter. If this is something you unlock later or something or is a skill, then let me know and disregard this part. 

Thats about it. so far I really enjoy this game, except the Chaos faction just sits and doesn't do anything :( lol. This MMO is so unique and different, it only needs minor tweaks and probably balancing. Definitely  in the UI. This is the first game i feel happy to have been a supporter of. no regrets and i cant wait to see the final product. 

On 1/5/2019 at 1:22 PM, moneda said:

- Stormcaller Druids need a better mechanic to not run out of Essence than a passive with a chance of boosting regen an insignificant amount. :(  They provide steady DPS but they're not Duelists, they can't end fights quickly via crits, and the longer a fight lasts the higher the likelihood of running out of Essence, regardless of whom you're fighting or how many, and they don't get a [Fervor]-like power. I'd rather not have some kind of tray-swap mechanic, 'cause to be honest tray swapping between trays that aren't Survival and Stealth still feels really cumbersome and slow (it's the only thing dragging down the Brigand Ranger IMO). Maybe consider some kind of offense/defense buff juggling, which would help them both do their DPS thing and maybe also help them stay alive long enough to do that damage. "But [Stars Align] grants you Power Efficiency!" Yeah, I know, I'm saying what's available ain't enough. (cc: @thomasblair )

- Can the team please teach the map generator to stop inserting random chasms along the edges of the map? Peninsulas are cool, yea fine, but every map doesn't need 'em, and running around them to get to a fight has become far more tedious than is necessary. They're especially tiresome when you need to slowly glide around them as a ghost crow. :(

- Tell whoever made the Stoneborn "crumble into bits" death animation that I get a kick out of it every single time. :lol:

I feel like they're lacking all around.

1. They have no mastery discipline option (I wasted a lot on new druid because I didn't look to see this before hand)

2. They only get 3 slotted damage abilities. Why on earth does Arch-Druid have more damage options than the DPS specialization of the Druid?

3. Bear is clunky and bugs out.

4. Essence restoration isn't that great.

5. Proccing the 8 lightning abilities for the buff just feels weird.

6. This is probably because their lack of damage abilities to use. You get so many buffs and debuff abilities, but not much damage. 

7. Of those, only Spark, Lightning Burst and Storm even flow well together. Unless you're opening with Bear.

8. Discipline options are horrible for Stormcaller. Can't take the healing ones because even with the passive that druids get, those heals are worthless, there's no real damage options unless you're going to try using the banshee ghosts or PBAOE Troubadour maybe for the aoe song. 

9. Have barskin only gives 10 thorns for Stormcaller but 200 for Arch Druid, and there's like 3 or 4 discs for thorn but nothing to help druid.

Stormcaller just feels like an afterthought once the split happened.

Discs in general are kind of crap.

2 hours ago, moneda said:

Not Sure if Bug:

I hit a High-Elf Knight with the Mole Hunter root (hit verified by the damage registered from "Get 'Em" in the combat log) but it didn't root him and his buffs did not include any kind of CC Immunity from what I could see. 

CLAFUkW.jpg

Video:

Weather bug (maybe related to the incorrect season display in the lower-right?):  It it currently snowing inside the temple. It is still only fall, not winter.

First, I want to say. I love the crafting in this game. It has a ton of depth. All the crafters in my guild love it too. And we don't want to lose any of that depth. That being said:

We would love a way to streamline orders for guildies. There are just way too many options for crafting to stockpile any pieces, especially with the limited bank space we have. A suggestion is:

1. A person can make a request for a piece of gear into the system. Let's say a thrall.

2. They would pick the type of armor, and like Primary > Secondary > Tertiary stat (tertiary is wild card slot).

3. The craft could come to that thrall and look at the order and see. And if they have the Discipline/Recipes the UI would give them a window of what components are needed, and at a glance the crafter could drop the required materials into the slot as they get them. Meaning the slots would retain those items until you take them out or craft the item.

4. Once all the items are in, they can do the experimentation and craft it. 

5. The thrall will save the item for the player, and the player could come back to the thrall and check progress. If it's done, the thrall will allow the player to take the item.

Posted (edited)

feels like it would be useful to be able to see what zone your character is in, in addition to the world, from the lobby screen

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)

Time: ~1630 CST  01/06/2019
Activity: Crafting (weapon grip to be exact)
Where: Millers Respite in Bardshofn Zone,
Other Pertinent Info: Chaos -- Alviseran NA Campaign

I crashed (related to my rig, not the game) while crafting in a fort, and had to power down my computer. Upon attempting to log back in, my character I was previously on is not able to log in. My other character is, however, able. 

I am unsure if it was the manner of my disconnection or what I was doing, but there you guys go. I am going to wait to see if I can reconnect a little later.

Update: I was able to reconnect later, I am guessing I just needed to wait for the character to DC from the world.

Edited by Samulus
Update

Posted (edited)

I'm not getting any XP for killing mobs when using a High-Elf (knight) crafted vessel. At level 1, killing the rank 1 spiders in the newbie zone, no XP. I tried it at level 2 and 3 also, but no XP. 

Edit: At level 6, I get 12 XP from rank 3 mobs. I get 50 XP from rank 7 and higher. I didn't try with ranks 4-6, but I assume they give 50 each.

Edited by Arkade

Kickstarted the game and decided to try it out. Game has lots of potential and I'm very excited to see how it shapes up.

Played as confessor, no animations for attacks but dmg numbers appeared above targets and they died.

Harvested items popped out of trees and they showed up in my inventory when I ran over them, but no gathering animation and the lumber stayed on the ground.

Food isn't intuitive and took me a while to figure out why I didn't have any mana. Not sure what the value for having food consumption requirements.

Would like smaller map locations when I'm inside a location as finding the various things in the temples/forts is tedious.

Thanks, will be back in a few months to play some more.

5 hours ago, Navystylz said:

I feel like they're lacking all around.

1. They have no mastery discipline option (I wasted a lot on new druid because I didn't look to see this before hand)

2. They only get 3 slotted damage abilities. Why on earth does Arch-Druid have more damage options than the DPS specialization of the Druid?

3. Bear is clunky and bugs out.

4. Essence restoration isn't that great.

5. Proccing the 8 lightning abilities for the buff just feels weird.

6. This is probably because their lack of damage abilities to use. You get so many buffs and debuff abilities, but not much damage. 

7. Of those, only Spark, Lightning Burst and Storm even flow well together. Unless you're opening with Bear.

8. Discipline options are horrible for Stormcaller. Can't take the healing ones because even with the passive that druids get, those heals are worthless, there's no real damage options unless you're going to try using the banshee ghosts or PBAOE Troubadour maybe for the aoe song. 

9. Have barskin only gives 10 thorns for Stormcaller but 200 for Arch Druid, and there's like 3 or 4 discs for thorn but nothing to help druid.

Stormcaller just feels like an afterthought once the split happened.

Discs in general are kind of crap.

this and @moneda made me put together the following assorted musings/suggestions to spice up stormcaller identity

I cannot craft Lacing Sinew. I have tried equipping Leatherworking discipline, unequipped it, tried on another character, in my EK, in a Keep on the live servers. Nothing. Keeps mne from making Plate and Mail armor. Somehow other players can make it.

Not sure if it's on the to-do list but I would love to see my party members on the map. Thanks a ton!

46 minutes ago, AceMoon said:

I cannot craft Lacing Sinew. I have tried equipping Leatherworking discipline, unequipped it, tried on another character, in my EK, in a Keep on the live servers. Nothing. Keeps mne from making Plate and Mail armor. Somehow other players can make it.

You have to train 1 pip into the 1st node of the crafting basics tree.