Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/3/19

Why are armor bonuses capped at 35%? The knight gets a 15% higher final cap, but the same 35% cap on the bonuses, same as every other class. That needs to be raised to 50% for knights and templars. Knights get 11% physical armor from talents and another 18% to all armor from skills. Add in the bonuses from dex and from a shield and knights can cap physical armor bonus. It makes abilities like Will of the Stoneborn and others that buff armor bonus far less useful. Militant Mage gives 6.25% slashing armor. That alone would make the passive useless for a knight. The Secutor promotion increases the final mitigation cap to 75%. Is it even possible to have 40% physical mitigation on armor? Knights shouldn't have to have the best possible armor to take advantage of the talent.

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

Why are armor bonuses capped at 35%? The knight gets a 15% higher final cap, but the same 35% cap on the bonuses, same as every other class. That needs to be raised to 50% for knights and templars.

I thought plate-wearers were capped at 65%, this is news to me

January 6, 2019

• Several times I've had abilities go off (Animation will play and power will go on cooldown), but not do their effect. Very frustrating
  • VFX gets crazy with large numbers of players. Especially GTAoE powers.
  • Glad to see the server can handle several large fights rather well. Now the client needs to handle them aswell :P
  • Daily Reminder that Leather Armor sucks. I have ~25% mitigations, and leather armor is only contributing ~5% (Same goes for Intermediate Armor)
  • Cost to make Leather Armor is out of line, especially since you can only skin during the ~30 minute day. Please make the cost the same as Plate and Mail Armor. In 5.3 it was too quick to make, agreed, but now it takes too longer compared to Plate and Mail.
  • Fae racial Stealth Movement Speed is too stronk. If High-Elf Necklaces and Guinecean Rings can get a Minor, can Stealth Movement Speed get one too?
  • Physics Crowd Controls (Knockups and Pulls) need to have a diminishing return. Getting tossed around by Confessors and Knights is not fun. Tossing people around as a Knight or Confessor is real fun tho! :D
  • Pitfighter Champions are nigh unkillable. You need more than 5 peeps just to take one down in any reasonable amount of time
  • All sub-categories in the details page are called "General", for every tab.
  • Beneficial Harvest Power doesn't explain well what it actually does.
  • Fire Tornadoes and Wicked Winds go under(?) GTAoEs VFX. For example, if you cast one through a Divine Light, it'll turn white. If used on the edge of a campfire, it'll pull up(?) the ring.
  • I see you guys tweeted out a Bear gif. Where da bears?! (And do they drop soft hide? We need soft hide. Please have them drop soft hide!)

4 hours ago, Arkade said:

Why are armor bonuses capped at 35%? The knight gets a 15% higher final cap, but the same 35% cap on the bonuses, same as every other class. That needs to be raised to 50% for knights and templars. Knights get 11% physical armor from talents and another 18% to all armor from skills. Add in the bonuses from dex and from a shield and knights can cap physical armor bonus. It makes abilities like Will of the Stoneborn and others that buff armor bonus far less useful. Militant Mage gives 6.25% slashing armor. That alone would make the passive useless for a knight. The Secutor promotion increases the final mitigation cap to 75%. Is it even possible to have 40% physical mitigation on armor? Knights shouldn't have to have the best possible armor to take advantage of the talent.

If you happen to be looking at the details tab that 35% cap only includes Passive training + Talents + skills that increase armor doesnt include armor bonus on chestpieces thats seperate and dont beleive there a cap for the equipment bonus for defences.
knight Secutor promotion increases it to 75 Which means they can run things like defensive disc and realy stack up the defensive buff it can be easy to hit 75% defence with buff alot of them provide 20% defence in what its buffing agaist then there also party buffs that do the same so 2 defensive traits can be 40% +party defensive ability 10%-30% bonus + passive skill tree and disaplines you can hit 75% then get 25% from armor and have 100% reduction for the duration of the buffs to that dmg type.
Atleast thats my understanding of it atm.

Small suggestions, Sacrificing over the XP amount to go to next level does not add into the next level or create multiple levels.

When crafting, you cannot add two different advanced items even though they are not spot specific for examples if the craft requires 2 non common ore. You can put two silver or two iron but not 1 iron 1 silver. Seems like a waste of materials.

Posted (edited)

Bugs : 

• Chat is messy like hell, one time it's working as intended, other times you log to only have zone chat and this zone chat tab duplicate when you enter a new zone, general chat disappearing
  • flare from mole hunter don't fire on the target you point but at your feet
  • mole hunter root sometimes don't "connect"

Rangers : 

• rangers can't equip master of rapier, even if it's saying so on the discipline before crafting, when crafted it's stated only usable by DUEL
  • forest step (warden) is still messy, sometimes working, sometimes not, and i got teleported upside the throne room in a fort when targeting another player in a fight and then died from fall damage just after it
  • flare arrow don't fire on the target you point but at your feet
  • sustain (ultimate) is kinda missleading, you can fire it even if not fully charged and the regen seems quite odd between melee/range

Feedback 

Rangers (Warden/Archer) : 

• basic arrows you craft can stack to only 500 and do less damage than arrows you buy for 5 gold and can stack to 5k so it's more effective to buy those 5 gold ones instead
  • Archer : quite good dps, only if you stand still, who's nearly impossible in each fight i've done, even in keep defense you are still on the move. So the passive you get from the promotion class is kinda pointless and the dps you do is mainly rapid fire. I would suggest make the passive stick even if you move. I found that the class lack powers/diversity in stuff, i've had to take master of bows to be able to use another bow than the basic one and have more bow powers who's kinda stupid, the promotion class should give you all those options by default. (you can see footage of the difficulty of being immobile as archer in this video of a siege keep)
  • Warden : good survivability if you have a correct chain armor, but the promotion is too much reliant on the daggers spin, i found the suppress on the daggers spin great for survive...but completely useless with the retaliation being so easily used now. The promotion class is kinda lacking powers too, you have forest step (kinda buggy and not really reliant), cross slash (bleed) , the knockback power combo (again useless with retaliation nearly always up) and daggers spin it's all, so basically not real damage powers except basic attacks. Instead of the aero spin passive, i would suggest a passive who buff your autoattack + you get cap to piercing damage/crushing damage but the only piercing weapon you use is the bow (and not so often since the promotion is based around close combat) and you can't use daggers or rapiers (since it's bugged). Crushing is good only if you use maces and again skullcrusher is good damage but again a stun who's useless, thanks to this retaliation.

Retaliation

This thing is really my big big big concern in the game, a game who's too much reliant on CC = bad but a game where's CC are useless = bad too. Actually retaliation is way too easy to use, give you a 2 sec immunity after using it (plenty of time to regen stamina) and if you take the right disciplines you can make it even more powerful.

All the promotions around controlling are kinda useless now, for example Warden is based around daggers spin that put suppress on AOE but retaliate make it garbage, you spend your nearly full energy to 3 spin and...nothing everyone already retaliated.

+ if someone suffer a root and another CC, retaliate remove everything, snare/roots too.

You really need to get attention on this CC/anti CC system because actually i found the game is really lacking in this domain.

Shadowbane had a great one (i'll continue to say it until the end or until we have something correct ingame)

Death Shroud

Death shroud shouldn't be removed from disconnectd/reconnect and/or switching from zone, it make actually keep sieging/defense completly broken with a full team of people killed, get back on the spot and then disconnect/reconnect in houses to get back on field directly.

Edited by Gorwald

On 1/6/2019 at 6:44 AM, Arkade said:

It's all a necessary part of the player based economy and the pvp competition over resources

MMO economies have existed for years without this hassle. There are different methods to rate cap harvesting. Randomizing locations, slower spawn time, gathering failures on RNG etc... Multi-leveled gathering eq for gate-keeping is fine, but making the same damn tool 20 times isn't respectful of my time. 

7 hours ago, coolster50 said:

I thought plate-wearers were capped at 65%, this is news to me

There are two different sets of stats for armor mitigation. There are armor bonuses, which are capped at 35%, then there are final mitigation numbers, which are capped at 65%.

4 hours ago, veeshan said:

If you happen to be looking at the details tab that 35% cap only includes Passive training + Talents + skills that increase armor doesnt include armor bonus on chestpieces thats seperate and dont beleive there a cap for the equipment bonus for defences.
knight Secutor promotion increases it to 75 Which means they can run things like defensive disc and realy stack up the defensive buff it can be easy to hit 75% defence with buff alot of them provide 20% defence in what its buffing agaist then there also party buffs that do the same so 2 defensive traits can be 40% +party defensive ability 10%-30% bonus + passive skill tree and disaplines you can hit 75% then get 25% from armor and have 100% reduction for the duration of the buffs to that dmg type.
Atleast thats my understanding of it atm.

The armor bonuses cap at 35%. This includes what you get from talents and skill training. It also includes what you get from dexterity and from your shield. And, it also includes what you get from buffs. Anything that says armor bonus is included beneath this cap.

Final mitigation is armor bonus plus what you get from your chestplate. My Crushing mitigation is 35.7%. I get 11% from talents, 3% from skill training, 3.38% from my shield, and .86% from my dex. I get another 17.47 from my armor. If I take off my armor, I have 18.23%. I use Will of the Stoneborn and my crushing mitigation goes up to 35%. If I take off my shield, dropping my crushing mitigation to 14.86, then use Will of the Stoneborn, it still caps at 35%. It doesn't say how much it actually gives, but I assume 25%. Either way, because the cap is 35%, I'm not getting the full benefit of this buff. 

When you combine everything together, these types of buffs are nearly worthless for a knight. 11% from talents and 18% from skill training puts us at 29% physical mitigation. That only leaves 6% beneath the cap for dex, shield and buffs. Even for elemental and organic, it's a problem. 18% from skills leaves 17% under the cap for dex + buffs. If a buff gives 20%, we can't getting the full value of it.

There is some "Blair math" involved here though, but I don't know exactly how it applies. Blair has said that you we can technically go over the cap to account for armor penetration. So if my final mitigation cap is 65% and I have 70% mitigation based on all my bonuses and armor, the enemy's armor penetration will be subtracted from 70% rather than 65%, though it will still be capped at 65%. So if the other player has 3% armor penetration, I would get 65% mitigation in this case. If he has 8% penetration, I would get 62% mitigation.

The question is, does that only apply to the final mitigation number? Does it add in the extra from my buffs, or does it truly cap armor bonuses at 35%? My guess is that the math is only looking at the final mitigation number. Regardless of the answer,  it still seems wrong. If you spec Secutor, your final mitigation cap goes up to 75%, while your armor bonus cap stays at 35%. That means that in order to reach that 75% cap, you need 40% from your armor.

Why have the armor bonus cap at all, if the final mitigation is already capped? Why make knights so gear dependent?

35 minutes ago, beardsocool said:

MMO economies have existed for years without this hassle. There are different methods to rate cap harvesting. Randomizing locations, slower spawn time, gathering failures on RNG etc... Multi-leveled gathering eq for gate-keeping is fine, but making the same damn tool 20 times isn't respectful of my time. 

Did you read the rest of what I wrote? If you train/spec yourself properly, tools will last much, much longer. 

Regardless of what other games have done, item decay is necessary for THIS game.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, beardsocool said:

In this instance it’s belived complexity, reliance on others  and need will make a lasting economy.  If you spec for durability and get the proper training tools last much much longer at end game. 

Edited by mandalore

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gorwald said:

Bugs : 

• Chat is messy like hell, one time it's working as intended, other times you log to only have zone chat and this zone chat tab duplicate when you enter a new zone, general chat disappearing
  • flare from mole hunter don't fire on the target you point but at your feet
  • mole hunter root sometimes don't "connect"

Rangers : 

• rangers can't equip master of rapier, even if it's saying so on the discipline before crafting, when crafted it's stated only usable by DUEL
  • forest step (warden) is still messy, sometimes working, sometimes not, and i got teleported upside the throne room in a fort when targeting another player in a fight and then died from fall damage just after it
  • flare arrow don't fire on the target you point but at your feet
  • sustain (ultimate) is kinda missleading, you can fire it even if not fully charged and the regen seems quite odd between melee/range

Feedback 

Rangers (Warden/Archer) : 

• basic arrows you craft can stack to only 500 and do less damage than arrows you buy for 5 gold and can stack to 5k so it's more effective to buy those 5 gold ones instead
  • Archer : quite good dps, only if you stand still, who's nearly impossible in each fight i've done, even in keep defense you are still on the move. So the passive you get from the promotion class is kinda pointless and the dps you do is mainly rapid fire. I would suggest make the passive stick even if you move. I found that the class lack powers/diversity in stuff, i've had to take master of bows to be able to use another bow than the basic one and have more bow powers who's kinda stupid, the promotion class should give you all those options by default. (you can see footage of the difficulty of being immobile as archer in this video of a siege keep)
  • Warden : good survivability if you have a correct chain armor, but the promotion is too much reliant on the daggers spin, i found the suppress on the daggers spin great for survive...but completely useless with the retaliation being so easily used now. The promotion class is kinda lacking powers too, you have forest step (kinda buggy and not really reliant), cross slash (bleed) , the knockback power combo (again useless with retaliation nearly always up) and daggers spin it's all, so basically not real damage powers except basic attacks. Instead of the aero spin passive, i would suggest a passive who buff your autoattack + you get cap to piercing damage/crushing damage but the only piercing weapon you use is the bow (and not so often since the promotion is based around close combat) and you can't use daggers or rapiers (since it's bugged). Crushing is good only if you use maces and again skullcrusher is good damage but again a stun who's useless, thanks to this retaliation.

Retaliation

This thing is really my big big big concern in the game, a game who's too much reliant on CC = bad but a game where's CC are useless = bad too. Actually retaliation is way too easy to use, give you a 2 sec immunity after using it (plenty of time to regen stamina) and if you take the right disciplines you can make it even more powerful.

All the promotions around controlling are kinda useless now, for example Warden is based around daggers spin that put suppress on AOE but retaliate make it garbage, you spend your nearly full energy to 3 spin and...nothing everyone already retaliated.

+ if someone suffer a root and another CC, retaliate remove everything, snare/roots too.

You really need to get attention on this CC/anti CC system because actually i found the game is really lacking in this domain.

Shadowbane had a great one (i'll continue to say it until the end or until we have something correct ingame)

Archers i think realy need longer range especialy for the current Keep layout, they also need a way to prevent knight pulls or just being pulled off a wall into the zerg below so they can use the walls like there meant to be.
the +9 range skill should also increase range cap imo and archer stake should add a grounded buff which prevent you being pulled or knocked up while its active.
The lack of range prevent you from doing much in keep fights as seen in your video, and once ur within 35 meters of a knight ur basicly dead, one easily pull will kill you since your just standing still shooting in most cases.

Edit: another thing is the archer passive buff should work off left clicks charged over 90% instead of 100% alot of shotsdont trigger the passive unless there fully charged and you will find yourself releasing a fraction to early out of instinct and ping (300 ping here) i release the moment it hits 100% but server only registers 99% charge due to ping so i gont get my hit for the passive.

Edited by veeshan

2 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Archers i think realy need longer range especialy for the current Keep layout, they also need a way to prevent knight pulls or just being pulled off a wall into the zerg below so they can use the walls like there meant to be.
the +9 range skill should also increase range cap imo and archer stake should add a grounded buff which prevent you being pulled or knocked up while its active.
The lack of range prevent you from doing much in keep fights as seen in your video, and once ur within 35 meters of a knight ur basicly dead, one easily pull will kill you since your just standing still shooting in most cases.

We’ve seen what happens though when archers have range in this game:  ranger becomes 50% of what’s played because hitting people at 80 meters is absolutely ridiculous.  Rangerfall was not a good time to play CF.  

In fairness, almost anything pulled by a knight into his group dies.  That’s a solid mechanic.  If you see a knight running at you, move the custard away? 

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

We’ve seen what happens though when archers have range in this game:  ranger becomes 50% of what’s played because hitting people at 80 meters is absolutely ridiculous.  Rangerfall was not a good time to play CF.  

In fairness, almost anything pulled by a knight into his group dies.  That’s a solid mechanic.  If you see a knight running at you, move the custard away? 

Your are 100% a ranged class as an archer however the other archer classes can have exactly the same range as you and have more options and versatility thats the problem, not to mention all defensive spots on the keep you can hit anything vital since its 55-60 meters away from the spots most ranged defenders would want to stand, shooting to the floor you loose alot of range aswell so ontop of the keep you can barely hit the ground at max range.

The thing with rangerfall was the rangers were also very mobile in that version, this one if you spec into the archer tree you loose all mobility realy if you want to deal any kind of dmg. Im also not asking for 80 meter range thats tooo much but i think 50-60 meters is rather acceptable for archers seeing as there so immobile and they literaly get 2-3 shot by an assassin or realy any dps class. Confessors even have substancially more survivability than Archers and i think they also have more dmg aswell.

12 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Your are 100% a ranged class as an archer however the other archer classes can have exactly the same range as you and have more options and versatility thats the problem, not to mention all defensive spots on the keep you can hit anything vital since its 55-60 meters away from the spots most ranged defenders would want to stand, shooting to the floor you loose alot of range aswell so ontop of the keep you can barely hit the ground at max range.

The thing with rangerfall was the rangers were also very mobile in that version, this one if you spec into the archer tree you loose all mobility realy if you want to deal any kind of dmg. Im also not asking for 80 meter range thats tooo much but i think 50-60 meters is rather acceptable for archers seeing as there so immobile and they literaly get 2-3 shot by an assassin or realy any dps class. Confessors even have substancially more survivability than Archers and i think they also have more dmg aswell.

What mobility did they have then they don't have now?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mandalore said:

What mobility did they have then they don't have now?

No forest step on the archer, and they cant disengage unless they hit something with the first attack.
and emphasis on standing still instead of kiting.

They have less mobility than a Templar and thats saying something :P

Edited by veeshan

12 minutes ago, veeshan said:

No forest step on the archer, and they cant disengage unless they hit something with the first attack.
and emphasis on standing still instead of kiting.

They have less mobility than a Templar and thats saying something :P

That's hyperbolic. 

REPORTING A BUG

Hey Everyone, 

Sorry, I am not sure if I should report a bug over here or there is other place.

Generally I have experienced a bug with Myrmidon class using skill 'Net and Net Pull'

Net by itself is doing a damage to the enemy when used. However just after using Net pull the enemy is dragged to your position and health for him is instantly back to 100%.
Looks like some 'agro' mechanism issue or respawn monster place.

Posted (edited)

BUG

Optional crafting additives which have their own variable outcomes, such as Treated Steel in armor recipes, don't stack (unless perhaps they have the exact same result? I haven't seen this happen). As a consequence even though a recipe might allow 2+ of those additives, you can't actually slot more than 1 at a time.

The recipes probably need to broken out to have X individual additive slots rather than one slot that takes a stack of X.

FEEDBACK

There needs to be a simpler way to determine which weapon and armor types your current character can and cannot equip. It took me a lot of trial and error to figure out why my Ranger/Warden couldn't equip a quiver, since it seemed intuitive that the trademark arrow-using class would be able to use them by default. (Hint: They can't, apparently you need the Sharpshooter disc.)

Secondly, Rangers should be able to use quivers by default, at least one type like Piercing (maybe require a disc or passive to get more specialized types) :) Even if I opt to go with a more melee-focused Warden or Brigand build, the ranged tray is still a CORE part of my class and the arrow mechanic is really not a great experience (it feels punitive rather than fun).

Edited by Darguth

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Darguth said:

BUG

Optional crafting additives which have their own variable outcomes, such as Treated Steel in armor recipes, don't stack (unless perhaps they have the exact same result? I haven't seen this happen). As a consequence even though a recipe might allow 2+ of those additives, you can't actually slot more than 1 at a time.

The recipes probably need to broken out to have X individual additive slots rather than one slot that takes a stack of X.

This has been a known issue forever. Each treated steel has a serial number. Any item that has a serial number can't be stacked unless they have the same serial number. The only way to achieve that is via factories, which aren't in the game yet. So it's not so much a bug as it is just not yet implemented.

Edited by Arkade