Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/3/19

Recommended Posts

The sacrifice value on "basic" versus "sturdy basic" tools seems to be inverted. Basic tools crafted with knotwood are worth 15.5 XP at all levels. "Sturdy" basic tools crafted with non-basic wood are worth 1 XP. It feels like this should be the other way around - the tools crafted with the better materials should be worth more.

It would be worth looking at bandages at the same time, which are 10.5 XP at all levels for a cost of 2 knotwood. In that case you can't craft better bandages using better quality wood, but that cost should probably be considered relative to the tool costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Arkade said:

This has been a known issue forever. Each treated steel has a serial number. Any item that has a serial number can't be stacked unless they have the same serial number. The only way to achieve that is via factories, which aren't in the game yet. So it's not so much a bug as it is just not yet implemented.

Weird. Just break them into individual slots and they'd work both now *and* with a factory system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since the parcel token system was implemented, I cannot place my large Manor House on the Hamlet parcel that were purchased together as a bundle for a fair chunk of cash.  Either the Manor House needs to be changed to only need a medium token slot, or the hamlet needs a large token slot added to it.  Meanwhile it's making me feel like my money has been scammed.  This is many many months now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know that combat animations are being worked on, but I would like to suggest the following:

Charge abilities like the Knight's charge and the Elken racial charge feel really bad. They feel slow and clunky. There is a delay when first using them, then your toon starts leisurely jogging towards a foe. If you get there before the "jogging" animation is done, he keeps jogging in place until the animation completes. After the animation completes, there's a laggy spot, and THEN damage is dealt. The elken charge is much the same, except for the fact that you can hit the button again to cancel. The knock-up at the end of the elken charge though seems to take ages to actually start happening though.

As a guy that picks this kind of class FOR the gap closer, this one really just feels sad to use. I figure you guys will tighten everything up on it animation/timing-wise, but to suggest a change:
Instead of the charge abilities giving run speed and allowing free movement after activated, make the charge a hit-scan ability that homes towards the target until collision. And adjust the movement to at least move as fast as someone dodging/rolling....

 

Edit: also, I realize that my proposed change would render the charge abilities not usable as a get-away method. I personally don;t think that's a problem, they don't seem intended for that being what they are. As it stands now though, that's what they are best for though.

Edited by Samulus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And another idea for a suggestion (more controversial):

 

More PvE areas are needed for the general public (and I mean potential, future players) to farm gold, or whatever else from. The "elite proving grounds" (if I remember that name right) are a step in the right direction, but I think there may need to be more, smaller venues around the map. Ideally mobs there could maybe rarely drop low-mid tier crafted components (e.g. metal plates, planks, etc. better than common quality) to incentivize farmers and hence gankers. And I don't mean the areas in which one stag spawns, or two of the wildcat things... I mean wandering bands of 4-12 undead npcs or camps of them of varying strengths.

I just think that the fact that you can farm pigs at the temples and just sacrifice gold until level 30 is a little too safe and easy (and boring probably too, though I didn't think it was horrible) IMO there needs to be both a bigger risk/reward potential alternative than the elite proving grounds, and then a smaller step in between farming pigs the elite proving grounds.

My two cents on that one. I'm having a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I just think that the fact that you can farm pigs at the temples and just sacrifice gold until level 30 is a little too safe and easy (and boring probably too, though I didn't think it was horrible) IMO there needs to be both a bigger risk/reward potential alternative than the elite proving grounds, and then a smaller step in between farming pigs the elite proving grounds.

The R6 pigs give far more gold (usuallt around 100 each) but are a little bit less safe, have you tried those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, elowallo said:

The R6 pigs give far more gold (usuallt around 100 each) but are a little bit less safe, have you tried those?

I actually did not know those existed, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Confessor Inquisitor spec passive "Feel the Burn" appears to be proccing on every attack, rather than the 5% listed, however it does very low damage. The ability says it should be a "Severe Fire Damage over Time"

I am in a Blue vessel with 232 int and a common advanced book, this is doing a pathetic 36 DPS against a Druid who is NOT running Firewalker:

rYlr9yL.png

Edited by Phr00t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 12:23 PM, SolidShakeGO said:

 

Durability - I don't mind tools breaking, but weapons and armor durability should only go down when you die, in a more traditional MMO type, with the ability to repair you gear through vendor, or yourself. IF you can do this already i haven't found the person that can repair or know how to do it myself. There is no reason whatsoever for durability to go down from just equipping it. 

 

 

There literally is a reason, that is because melee classes tended to die more and take damage more often than backline characters, thus making it inherently more expensive to play melee front-line classes. We had a situation where people were going into fights without armor because their armor would break during large-protracted engagements. They normalized this by making combat-tray activity a durability hit and simultaneously lowering the on-death hit to durability, and additionally making tow-trucking your corpse very expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

Confessor Inquisitor spec passive "Feel the Burn" appears to be proccing on every attack, rather than the 5% listed, however it does very low damage. The ability says it should be a "Severe Fire Damage over Time"

I am in a Blue vessel with 232 int and a common advanced book, this is doing a pathetic 36 DPS against a Druid who is NOT running Firewalker:

rYlr9yL.png

 

That is equivalent to a 1-stack minor poison DoT. I don't play confessor, but in your opinion how much damage should be delivered by a DoT that (from what I can tell) takes no skill to apply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DocHollidaze said:

 

That is equivalent to a 1-stack minor poison DoT. I don't play confessor, but in your opinion how much damage should be delivered by a DoT that (from what I can tell) takes no skill to apply?

It's not working properly right now is my concern. It procs 100% of the time for low damage. If it procced, as it says, 5% of the time for bigger damage, it would be better. Keep in mind this is not a supplemental ability like a poison DoT, but this our FINAL talent in the Inquisitor tree, which we get no other bonuses, new mechanics or spec-defining changes other than 10% damage increase:

e8zIqBh.png

When it works with the correct 5% proc rate, I would want this ability to do a total of 1,000 damage minimum. That means 1 in 20 attacks procs this extra 1000 damage, which would average out to 50 damage per attack extra. That still seems underwhelming but it's a step in the right direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

so uh here is my first report on how my live experience is going.
 

Hope this helps.

Edit: o and i was trying to move around but the input lag was so bad also couldn't move.

Edited by timaus
more words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timaus said:

so uh here is my first report on how my live experience is going.
 

Hope this helps.

Edit: o and i was trying to move around but the input lag was so bad also couldn't move.

Nice work capturing an element of the game that most everyone is dealing with. It seems especially bad in canyons or near cliffs I have noticed as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Nice work capturing an element of the game that most everyone is dealing with. It seems especially bad in canyons or near cliffs I have noticed as well.

nvm youre not myst no problem glad to help.

Edited by timaus
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

 

There literally is a reason, that is because melee classes tended to die more and take damage more often than backline characters, thus making it inherently more expensive to play melee front-line classes. We had a situation where people were going into fights without armor because their armor would break during large-protracted engagements. They normalized this by making combat-tray activity a durability hit and simultaneously lowering the on-death hit to durability, and additionally making tow-trucking your corpse very expensive.

That makes sense. never thought of it like that. but a repair would be nice at least. instead of crafting new stuff. [even though the gear last a long time, would be nice]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...