Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigJerk

Armor, weapons , durability =bad 👎

Posted (edited)

I think you go out mine, chop, gathering materials to get this awesome orange armor weapons , rings, whatever . you die dura goes down, you stand in fight mode dura goes down. Current fix is just don't wear it unless your fighting for keeps or forts. Save the good stuff for fights that counts. Meantime you need to farm more to get more to prepare for when it breaks, ongoing vicious cycle. Why not implement something like the crafter can create repair kits for about half the cost to replenish dura on your weapons armor . So you don't have to lose it so fast but maybe just over time like each repair you lose a little max durability. This way you can meet your enemy at full strength while roaming the lands not so worried about losing durability. Standing in fight mode.

Thoughts ?

Edited by BigJerk

game design is to craft armor sets and not repair tool

maybe with the armor/weapon decay reduce talents it will not be as bad

atm u lose 2 dura every 10sec in combat tray

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, nenju said:

game design is to craft armor sets and not repair tool

maybe with the armor/weapon decay reduce talents it will not be as bad

atm u lose 2 dura every 10sec in combat tray

That's a lot when takes time to gather the resources to build legendary equipment. I do understand the concept of the game , hense repair kits to prolong the life of the equipment , not make it a permanent fixture that keeps armor around for the life of the account

Edited by BigJerk

18 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

That's a lot when takes time to gather the resources to build legendary equipment. I do understand the concept of the game , hense repair kits to prolong the life of the equipment , not make it a permanent fixture that keeps armor around for the life of the account

Well to start, if you have a piece of legendary equipment? I'll bow down before you, because.. well, it's currently virtually impossible.

I do agree however. The amount of time to farm, cooperation, and difference usage of multiple people and their profession skills, well that shouldn't all get thrown away by a finite time. You should at minimum be able to repair the equipment to at least extend how long it lasts, if not to its max durability as long as you have the mats.

dude armor last way to long atm, im still using mine from like 3 campaigns ago and its only half dura.thats with no durability increase aswell.
it takes 20 minutes or harvesting to get 150 ore and its 100 ore for both weapons and like 200 for armor so its not even an hour of farming for armor that last for 2-3 weekws of rather consistant play.

2 minutes ago, veeshan said:

dude armor last way to long atm, im still using mine from like 3 campaigns ago and its only half dura.thats with no durability increase aswell.
it takes 20 minutes or harvesting to get 150 ore and its 100 ore for both weapons and like 200 for armor so its not even an hour of farming for armor that last for 2-3 weekws of rather consistant play.

3 campaigns ago is 8-9 days ago. Keep in mind, and this is important, that campaigns are supposed to and will eventually last as long as an entire month.

You want to farm a set of legendary gear for it to be destroyed before a campaign is finished, having to farm two sets of legendary gear per campaign? I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Puffs said:

3 campaigns ago is 8-9 days ago. Keep in mind, and this is important, that campaigns are supposed to and will eventually last as long as an entire month.

You want to farm a set of legendary gear for it to be destroyed before a campaign is finished, having to farm two sets of legendary gear per campaign? I doubt it.

High quality gear has higher durability aswell. They can also make epics and legendary gear have higher the durability than they do now if its a problem, not to mention people will get the durability reduction points in the passive tree eventually aswell.

Actually id argue higher gear has LESS durability.

Legendary has 10 points to put into stats, none of them would go into durability, unlike the white gear we have now.

Once the economy gets going, you won't need to farm for armor & weapons - go buy them.

If EK vendors weren't broke, Aerynth Traders, Srathor's Lawn & several other virtual malls would be up and running again. When they were running, 15k gold would put you in a full set of common armor and weapons. Per last nights patch notes (lol ikr), NPC vendor prices will be moved back to 5.7 rates, so that price point should still work.

1 hour ago, VaMei said:

Once the economy gets going, you won't need to farm for armor & weapons - go buy them.

If EK vendors weren't broke, Aerynth Traders, Srathor's Lawn & several other virtual malls would be up and running again. When they were running, 15k gold would put you in a full set of common armor and weapons. Per last nights patch notes (lol ikr), NPC vendor prices will be moved back to 5.7 rates, so that price point should still work.

Yes ,  which the best gear you will never see unless you make it . I think it would benefit everyone to make armor and weapons last a little longer with some like repair kits , that could also be sold in player venders.

2 hours ago, Puffs said:

Well to start, if you have a piece of legendary equipment? I'll bow down before you, because.. well, it's currently virtually impossible.

I do agree however. The amount of time to farm, cooperation, and difference usage of multiple people and their profession skills, well that shouldn't all get thrown away by a finite time. You should at minimum be able to repair the equipment to at least extend how long it lasts, if not to its max durability as long as you have the mats.

Lol no legendary here , just a what if .

40 minutes ago, Staff said:

losing dura for simply existing is dumb, remove that and add a way to repair gear and everything will fine with gear

Not if you intend to have an open world player driven economy. For a player driven economy to exist, gear must leave the game and be replaced.

Just now, VaMei said:

Not if you intend to have an open world player driven economy. For a player driven economy to exist, gear must leave the game and be replaced.

The idea of that is great , the reality is who wants to work so hard to replace legendary every 2 weeks or so. Especially if it's for a Guild of 100 players , then adding codependent to other crafts to make this equipment. That's tall order.

10 minutes ago, VaMei said:

It would still cost mats and crafters to repair gear, itd be annoying and expensive to have to remake legendary armor every campaign

3 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

The idea of that is great , the reality is who wants to work so hard to replace legendary every 2 weeks or so. Especially if it's for a Guild of 100 players , then adding codependent to other crafts to make this equipment. That's tall order.

That's the idea. You wont be running around taking duels in full legendary 24/7. Neither will anyone else. Most fights will be in greens & blues, while the good stuff sits in reserve for a fight that matters.

47 minutes ago, VaMei said:

That's the idea. You wont be running around taking duels in full legendary 24/7. Neither will anyone else. Most fights will be in greens & blues, while the good stuff sits in reserve for a fight that matters.

So your content having 5 million dollar mansion and staying in your trailer in the trailer park , to save your mansion from wear ?

4 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

So your content having 5 million dollar mansion and staying in your trailer in the trailer park , to save your mansion from wear ?

Meaningful choices and outcomes. If you want something more simplistic, I'd recommend Black Desert Online.

Trying to play this game solo though is definitely hard, and a chore. With a group it's really not that bad, unless your group is bad.

Posted (edited)

I`m fine with no repair options in CF - it kind of ruin the economy concerning items. It`s much better to let some Rng items drop from creatures with maybe lower durability compare to crafted items. 

And one of the main reason for that it`s only inventory loot in CF, and not a full loot when you die in a campaign. 

Edited by mythx

13 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

Sure, but you don't wear your $800 suit Everyday. You keep it for special occasion in order to avoid to damage/worn it for said special occasions.