Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigJerk

Armor, weapons , durability =bad 👎

I fully agree that standing still in combat mode should not degrade durability. 

I think if we're going to have repairs, we might as well just have higher durability instead. I've never been a fan of degrading armor, but it's a better alternative to say, Albion, where you drop your equipment on death. 

8 minutes ago, Synthrelik said:

I fully agree that standing still in combat mode should not degrade durability. 

I think if we're going to have repairs, we might as well just have higher durability instead. I've never been a fan of degrading armor, but it's a better alternative to say, Albion, where you drop your equipment on death. 

The whole point of decaying armor is to make a lasting economy that drives pvp so that we are pvping over resources to replace gear we lost pvping.  It’s a legit strat to prolong the eventually canablism of a pvp community.  Even my omg wtf legendary weapons will break.  

FYI before all armor degraded over time spent in combat trays, people playing melee classes had to replace their armor more often because ranged got hit far less. I believe the current system is better.

8 hours ago, BigJerk said:

I think you go out mine, chop, gathering materials to get this awesome orange armor weapons , rings, whatever . you die dura goes down, you stand in fight mode dura goes down. Current fix is just don't wear it unless your fighting for keeps or forts. Save the good stuff for fights that counts. Meantime you need to farm more to get more to prepare for when it breaks, ongoing vicious cycle.

Thoughts ?

This mechanic is the sole reason I became interested in Crowfall versus other similarly situated games.

Posted (edited)

With long campaigns, going to see lots of harvesting to hoard mats for winter...

I do think some repair kits are in order...your telling me i can craft brand new armor out of ore and leather..but cant fix a dented plate...logically some form of repair should be in the game..

Ideally there would be an Elken racial bonus that eliminates all item decay.....

Edited by Deernado

4 minutes ago, Deernado said:

With long campaigns, going to see lots of harvesting to hoard mats for winter...

I do think some repair kits are in order...your telling me i can craft brand new armor out of ore and leather..but cant fix a dented plate...logically some form of repair should be in the game..

Ideally there would be an Elken racial bonus that eliminates all item decay.....

Hopefully you drop meat when killed and I can skin you for leather. 

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

The whole point of decaying armor is to make a lasting economy that drives pvp so that we are pvping over resources to replace gear we lost pvping.  It’s a legit strat to prolong the eventually canablism of a pvp community.  Even my omg wtf legendary weapons will break.  

Hmm, I don't think I made myself clear. I agree with the decaying armor and the value it brings to the game (fighting over resources). My point was that If they ever introduce repair kits, they might as well just increase durability (both of which I disagree with). 

4 minutes ago, Deernado said:

I do think some repair kits are in order...your telling me i can craft brand new armor out of ore and leather..but cant fix a dented plate...logically some form of repair should be in the game...

It can be presumed that you are maintaining your gear. Dents are happening and you are repairing them. At some point your gear has been repaired too much and needs to be replaced. All of that could be assumed without actually making you do some extra clicking just to use it as long as intended.

Just now, Synthrelik said:

Hmm, I don't think I made myself clear. I agree with the decaying armor and the value it brings to the game (fighting over resources). My point was that If they ever introduce repair kits, they might as well just increase durability (both of which I disagree with). 

When you're making gear you can choose durability over other stats...

10 hours ago, BigJerk said:

I think you go out mine, chop, gathering materials to get this awesome orange armor weapons , rings, whatever . you die dura goes down, you stand in fight mode dura goes down. Current fix is just don't wear it unless your fighting for keeps or forts. Save the good stuff for fights that counts. Meantime you need to farm more to get more to prepare for when it breaks, ongoing vicious cycle. Why not implement something like the crafter can create repair kits for about half the cost to replenish dura on your weapons armor . So you don't have to lose it so fast but maybe just over time like each repair you lose a little max durability. This way you can meet your enemy at full strength while roaming the lands not so worried about losing durability. Standing in fight mode.

Thoughts ?

Gear lasts pretty long in my opinion.

Are you by chance using the dragon statue you spawn at after death to revive instead of flying back to your corpse to revive? You take extra durability hits for using the dragon statue to revive than flying back to corpse and reviving FYI. 

Don't feel bad if you're doing this I know several new players that made the same mistake recently. 

I'd prefer gear to be easier to get (less harvesting time or less resources required per item) and decay be faster than it is now.

Crowfall is not a gear progression theme park, it's strategic throne war - supply and logistics is an important part of that concept. What makes it unfun is when the time investment to acquire gear is too high.

2 hours ago, miraluna said:

I'd prefer gear to be easier to get (less harvesting time or less resources required per item) and decay be faster than it is now.

Crowfall is not a gear progression theme park, it's strategic throne war - supply and logistics is an important part of that concept. What makes it unfun is when the time investment to acquire gear is too high.

That's basically what I'm saying , work hard and long to get the good gear . but I feel like it's to hard , so by adding durability it can decay slower. Same idea different ways of doing it.

22 minutes ago, BigJerk said:

That's basically what I'm saying , work hard and long to get the good gear . but I feel like it's to hard , so by adding durability it can decay slower. Same idea different ways of doing it.

Why would you wear your best gear 24/7? Its a cost to wear your expensive gear all the time. If your guild wears top tier gear for a fight and loses there should be a huge cost to that. Having a white set for bs pvp and a good set for sieges is an easy way to solve this with in game mechanics.

If you want good gear that you spend alot of time and effort making bdo is a good game to try. 

Posted (edited)

Why wouldn't you ? Protect gathers long enough ,  because what are the chances you will run into someone not wearing their best , that's not gathering resources. Anyways it's just a thought I wanted to share . if others like looking at the screen 95 percent of the time while they chop wood, mine ore,pound rock , but that's not for everyone is my point.....sure I can live with current progression , already do lol . just a thought maybe to add a little more durability.

Edited by BigJerk

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 5:57 AM, nenju said:

game design is to craft armor sets and not repair tool

maybe with the armor/weapon decay reduce talents it will not be as bad

atm u lose 2 dura every 10sec in combat tray

My new fessor was losing 4-5 every 10 seconds. Put my brand new green armor from my Ranger on him and after going out for bit and coming back, was horrified to see half durability on some pieces, nearly half on others. This is just wrong in so many ways.

Also, even Shadowbane had repairs. You just couldn't repair it back to original durability. Hell, you could even do something like this:

White - 1 repair to half durability 

Green - 2 Repairs 66/33 durability

Blue/Yellow - 3 Repairs 75/50/25 durability

If this is even needed. Outside of the duping, the was never a shortage for need of people crafting gear. And that crafting system was no where near as robust on CF. Shadowbane you only lose 10% durability each time you repaired. But you were making new characters to test constantly and leveling different builds and they need needed stuff too.

Unfortunately CF need a lot of Discipline and ability love for people to be able to do this. Too many restrictions and crapping discs to actually get many different builds now.

Edited by Navystylz