Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yoink

@New Players - No Vessel vs Vessel

44 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Could that be because they want fights to last longer and there to be less between the haves and have nots?  Support Power, not weapon dmg determines how healing works but that still scale so gear does make it last longer.  Just because you don't want to heal doesn't mean they should remove it or tone it down. 

i didnt say anything about toning down heals, did i?

Posted (edited)

I`m sad that all the old pvp focused guilds in SB are gone or inactive to assist Artcraft to get a less painful pvp design which actually make sense in Q4 of 2019 soft - launch of Crowfall. It`s a good reason we had class advocates in old SB - it was to improve the whole game experience which most did a very good job which was not paid to support the larger picture to have fun in strategic war game.

And to tell the truth it`s end game where the game start in Crowfall and in Shadowbane with castle sieges, spec. characters, meta game and all that. So the whole vessel system is just a traditional mmo time sink to reach the end game until a new meta occure in a campaign world. And we need to power level a new character, new flavour of the day related to large scale warfare and tactics. But why complicate end game character at lv 30 - we have like 6 character slots for meta gaming and in depth strategies concerning group combat and large scale battles? 

To tell the truth I`m really custard worried guys - I don`t know how to solve this predicament Necromancy. Is`t possible to change it completely back to dark magic summoning magic so we can create undeads to guard our cities instead like AI.

What we dont need is 4 layers of experience curve to reach the end game. And lv. 30 is fine in a pvp focused game like Crowfall, especially how item and crafting and the power curve is balanced around a 50 player guild design system. It`s not even included for new players until recently when they created major crafting runes to hurry up the passive skill progression tree related to crafting end game items with rare resource system and harvesting. 

Edited by mythx

As an old sb player, I wouldn’t trust most of the sb community with their own continence.  

You want entire systems that are in CF gone.  I hate to tell you but that’s not going to happen.  Vessels and necromancy are part of the core of CF.  Vessels take a custard ton of work and you will need to make better ones and level them as your ability to farm and make them increases.  You need a foreman and stone  motherloads  specialized farmers (in a group) to get the minerals.  You need a harvester to get the body parts from the graves of the race you want.  You need an alchemist and a necromancer to make the vessel.  Vessels aren’t meant to be game breaking but it’s a permanent boost to the charcter and the bonus stats get better and better as you make better quality ones.  This is a good system.  It forces us to work together, it forces us to farm in the world.  Those are essential to the life of the game.  

I can also assure you that you’re not going to have 6 wildly different characters on your account.  It will be nigh impossible to keep multiple sets of armor and weapons  on multiple characters.  That’s not even counting jewelry, cloaks, horseshoes and vessels once they add all the extra body part functions.  Your skills won’t support it either as the further you get the more narrow the applicable skills.  You need to accept that poorly made socks now; CF isn’t SB.  You will not have half a dozen alts to counter every scenario you might encounter.  Maybe years after launch people will have stockpiles like the did on late stage mourning or entropy but don’t count on that poorly made socks at the start. 

Posted (edited)

Yes the whole Necromancy system need changes which has nothing to do with character advancement and additional stats and soft caps. I dislike the whole EvE online concept related to passive training and u are only suppose to have one character type of approach in Crowfall. But we have talent level up to lv. 30 recently - why complicate it with Necromancy? All who play EvE knows that Crowfall used the comparison to reach out to EvE players 4 years ago, but it`s not a sci-fi game, nor do it have the economy like EvE with high sec. to low security space 0.0. and you have huge hoard guilds with 1000 of members.

And where is Xemise? And educated guess he is gone, because Todd have never played a moba game like league of legends or Dota 2. :(

I need some sleep, back tomorrow, night nite, and thanks for discussion. 

Edited by mythx

1 minute ago, mythx said:

And where is Xemise? And educated guess he is gone, because Todd have never played a moba game like league of legends or Dota 2. :(

Xemise, Q and Chet have little to no interest in CF.  Last I heard Xemise is popping out kids and busy irl.