Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
siunotaco

Ranger : Archer Slight adjustment

I have been playing Archer for about two weeks now, I love the class, it feels great however the passive of standing still landing 2 shots to gain a buff seems very useless. Yes standing still in certain areas ( I.E Keeps/Forts ) doesn't seem like a bad idea. However as squishy as the archer is standing still almost always means death in a very quick time. I'm always finding myself blinking ( wood elf movement ability I think also needs a very slight CD reduction... very slight ). Which means I can almost never get my passive to start kicking in considering once your standing still and fire 2 arrows then the passive turns on, however once you move the passive is lost. 

There lies the problem, if we cannot stand still then whats the point of that particular passive? I would suggest possibly changing that passive to something slightly more helpful to the Archer without absolutely breaking the Archer. I was thinking instead of standing still why not make the passive give a slight buff to draw time on your auto's and slight attack power. Now I'm not saying give Archers 100 attack power added per shot because I know there will be some people who take that to a new height lol. However what i'm talking about is simple. With every landed auto the Archer will get a stack of Precision Aiming. Precision aiming ( or name it to whatever you'd like lol ) would give 3% less draw time and 1.5% attack power stacking up to three times lasting 15secs. If you do not land an auto within 15secs the passive is lost, and yes which means the archer can move and shoot and gain this buff. Now stacking this buff 3 times means that at the 3rd stack the Archer would get 9% less draw time on the auto's and only 4.5% added attack power, which isn't a lot but I feel this would help the Archer more than the current passive. 

Please let me know what you think about this!

I totally agree with you on this. I don't think it is fair to incentivize players to stand still in a meta where doing so almost certainly means insta-death. My first toon was an archer, but it was really difficult to optimize the build because of the passive you mentioned. I leveled up another character and went the Warden route, but honestly the gameplay hasn't felt half as compelling to me as Archer. I still die if anyone jumps on me, except now I just don't do as much damage otherwise.

I like your idea about the stacking auto-enhancement passive, although I think there is room for the window to be lowered to around ~10s. 15s seems excessive in both large and small engagements. I think another way to balance a change such as this would be to stipulate that Archers cannot enter stealth or something along those lines. Anyways, I agree and hope that ACE would consider changing the passive as it renders the tree essentially off-limits to most players. 

I agree with you as well, I went with those numbers because it seemed small enough to get people thinking but not large enough to simply just be put off. Now the stealth for Archer is just camo which means you must stand still and not in combat. It is a lot harder to get into stealth as an archer which I'm perfectly ok with. You definitely could up the numbers I mentioned to 5% each passive auto stack 3 times which would equal 15% less charge time per auto with your bow as Archer. I feel the attack power shouldn't change though, to much attack power and it will just get nerfed, however I do feel this passive would be a game changer compared to its current passive.