VaMei

Item quality

19 hours ago, VaMei said:

... and your opinion on the OP? If you have common materials, and your fng apprentice has better materials but the same tools, will he always make better widget than you or just waste good materials? How should that apply to the game?

VaMei that’s not the scenario being put forth.

Lets just say for arguments sake a person has the crafting tree maxed out. Your saying that that person should be getting the same base line stats from common mats than uncommon?

It’s only natural to believe that uncommon or greater mats would give better base line stats.

20 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Better quality base materials should absolutely have a better end result no matter the skill level of craftsman. I could think of hundreds of RL analogies where this is true about tradesman, professionals and manufacturing off the top of my head. 

It should absolutely make them better than what the noob craftsman could make with lessor materials.

Look at it like this you have iron and you have steel (an iron alloy) if the same craftsman is competent working with both metals and in sword crafting because of the natural characteristics of the metals the steel sword will be better.

17 minutes ago, Dakoth said:

It should absolutely make them better than what the noob craftsman could make with lessor materials.

Look at it like this you have iron and you have steel (an iron alloy) if the same craftsman is competent working with both metals and in sword crafting because of the natural characteristics of the metals the steel sword will be better.

Skilled craftsman + poor materials = average widget

Poor craftsman + poor materials = poor widget

Poor craftsman + good materials = average widget

Skilled craftsman + good materials = good widget

Skilled craftsman + excellent materials = legendary widget

Poor craftsman + excellent materials = good widget

So a poor craftsman with excellent materials should make a better widget then a skilled craftsman using poor materials. Just like if a skilled craftsman was using bronze to make a sword it would be worse then a sword made by a poor craftsman using steel materials. 

3 hours ago, Makuza said:

The whole duraloss System is kinda weird. Duraloss seems to be devided through the number of parts you have. If you start a new char with only a weapon from the Vendor, it will Decay like 4x faster since you dont have any other parts of gear equipped. I noticed this on my second Champion. I gave him a advanced greataxe from the beginning at Level 1 (I used this weapon for almost a week before on the old Champion and it was on like 40% dura). I went out grinding Mobs with that Setup (without gear) and this weapon was done in minutes. Thats why i believe that the duraloss is devided by parts. Maybe it was a bug, but that System seems to be odd^^

Working as designed.  It picks a random available piece, and hits it.  If you don't even have intermediates in the slots, they yea, your primary weapon is going to take all the hits.

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Skilled craftsman + poor materials = average widget

Poor craftsman + poor materials = poor widget

Poor craftsman + good materials = average widget

Skilled craftsman + good materials = good widget

Skilled craftsman + excellent materials = legendary widget

Poor craftsman + excellent materials = good widget

So a poor craftsman with excellent materials should make a better widget then a skilled craftsman using poor materials. Just like if a skilled craftsman was using bronze to make a sword it would be worse then a sword made by a poor craftsman using steel materials. 

It took me a bit to understand what you were saying, mostly because I think I was reading into it.

but yes I think you understand what I was saying. The materials themselves have their own characteristics not determined by the craftsman. This is why you see as human society developed it moved to different materials for crafting weapons and tools.

So it’s logical to believe that if a basic widget is being created with no modifiers being added by the craftsman the better materials should give you a better result. 

Think of it in theses terms. Uncommon, epic, and legendary materials have fewer impurities or irregularities.