Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VaMei

Item quality

11 hours ago, veeshan said:

Green equipment and above i feel need more base durability.
Sure you can put points in durability to be somewhat decent however ur stats then become just as good as white so you may aswlel just use the abundant white resources instead of the green+ resources.

IMO, this is working the way it should. The quality of the assembled but un-experimented item only gives the craftsmen more room to place experimentation as they see fit.

• If they want to make a high durability item with base stats, they can.
  • If they want to make a high stat item with base durability, they can.
  • If they want to find a balance, they can.

OTOH, if they don't have the experimentation points available to make use of more experimentation pips than are in only one bar, they should be using more common materials.

It shouldn't automatically make the item better simply because a noob craftsmen was handed rare mats.

Looking for comment here...

32 minutes ago, VaMei said:

It shouldn't automatically make the item better simply because a noob craftsmen was handed rare mats.

Better quality base materials should absolutely have a better end result no matter the skill level of craftsman. I could think of hundreds of RL analogies where this is true about tradesman, professionals and manufacturing off the top of my head. 

34 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Better quality base materials should absolutely have a better end result no matter the skill level of craftsman. I could think of hundreds of RL analogies where this is true about tradesman, professionals and manufacturing off the top of my head. 

How many Stoneborn Blacksmiths do you know? 

42 minutes ago, mandalore said:

How many Stoneborn Blacksmiths do you know? 

Being a qualified Tradesmen myself I know a few. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Muta said:

Being a qualified Tradesmen myself I know a few. 

... and your opinion on the OP? If you have common materials, and your fng apprentice has better materials but the same tools, will he always make better widget than you or just waste good materials? How should that apply to the game?

Edited by VaMei

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VaMei said:

True

Edited by Muta

Posted (edited)

The thing is, the durability pips are wasted because it adds so damn little. It's not just losing out on slightly better stats, you don't get enough durabilty for the trade off of losing the stats. Every time I craft I look to consider, because longer gear appeals to me more than slightly better stats. But it's not even an option. Especially not with this ridiculous built in durability loss just for not being in combat tray.

ESPECIALLY not when on my Confessor, I am losing 4-5 durability  every 10 seconds. 2-3 hours of your gear lasting in combat stance whether you get hit or not. It's cool if people are happy with this. But honestly, if this is their end intent I will not be sticking around for the game to go live. Been supporting and testing since 2015, and like most the direction. But too much work goes into crafting these. 

People act like there won't be an economy if gear isn't crafted constantly. But people will be playing alts, and those material will always be going into something. Why play a pvp game where the bit of progression you get is destroyed so quickly? If I wanted to play a pvp game with a robust crafting system where people think that most the game is playing in whites and that's how it should be, I will go play a first person shooter or MOBA. 

There was NEVER a shortage of need for gear in Shadowbane. This was on top of rampant duping exploits AND the ability to repair gear (losing max durability each time). And it took less work.

Edited by Navystylz

1 hour ago, Navystylz said:

ESPECIALLY not when on my Confessor, I am losing 4-5 durability  every 10 seconds. 2-3 hours of your gear lasting in combat stance whether you get hit or not. It's cool if people are happy with this. But honestly, if this is their end intent I will not be sticking around for the game to go live. Been supporting and testing since 2015, and like most the direction. But too much work goes into crafting these. 

I think this is a bug. At least I sure hope it is :)

9 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I think this is a bug. At least I sure hope it is :)

I'm sure it is. But means I can't have fun on my confessor in good gear without it burning away fast.

Just now, Navystylz said:

I'm sure it is. But means I can't have fun on my confessor in good gear without it burning away fast.

Well, you can always roll pitfighter or fae assassin :)

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

Well, you can always roll pitfighter or fae assassin :)

Bout to drop the frames on a druid to try out stormcaller. My original advanced leather I had on my Ranger before I rerolled Warden and went mail isn't being used. And won't put me from using my Ranger if that gear breaks.

Here's one other question I have on durability... It will force an economy around crafted items. That applies to almost every crafting profession.  But what about Necromancy?  Why shouldn't vessels be subjected to the same durability issues to ensure that the professions need and value remain consistent with the others?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, VaMei said:

IMO, this is working the way it should. The quality of the assembled but un-experimented item only gives the craftsmen more room to place experimentation as they see fit.

• If they want to make a high durability item with base stats, they can.
  • If they want to make a high stat item with base durability, they can.
  • If they want to find a balance, they can.

OTOH, if they don't have the experimentation points available to make use of more experimentation pips than are in only one bar, they should be using more common materials.

Looking for comment here...

uncommon grants 7 pips to play with compared to white with 4 which is fair enough since white are super easy to get, the problem is green weapons and armor is only about 1400 dura and u can easily go through 200 in a day just by playing and not dieing much so u get 7 days out of a green set.
if you dont put more than 4 pips into stats like AP so you can have more durability you may aswell just craft a white since that give you the exact same result. tbh i think greens need a 10-15% extra durabaility base and rares and aboves need more than that. Crafting a set of rares is gonna be a pain in the ass needing 200+ blue ore only to get a piece that lasts like 7 days is like yeeeah

The green armour i got was speced heavily into blacksmithing with full set of jewlery ring and crafting armor so he up there with the bonuses.

I would suggest changing the speed upgrades on the crafting tree to bonus durability on items (Since speed now pointless) and reduce white base durability armor durability since it will get bonuses off the new dura bonus training, This way you you still get that choice but in training instead so you can choose to get dura bonus or experimentating points and things. Untill you master the craft that is when.

Edited by veeshan

6 hours ago, Navystylz said:

It's supposed to be 2 dura on a random item (Chest,gloves,helmet,boots,weapons) every 10 seconds.  

I have been running around and fighting in the same suit I built on day 3 of 5.8, playing probably 10hrs a week or more, fighting and harvesting critters, (combat stance), died a ridiculous number of times for dumb reasons, used tow truck enough to lose almost two mounts, (they don't take dura in combat)  and still have 20% of the durability left on those pieces.

In that time, I have enough resources together now for at least 3-4 more sets of gear.

I am certain you are exaggerating the rate of decay, or your bugged.  

I know the mechanic rubs plenty of people the wrong way, but usually that stops once they have seen how long it takes to burn through their first set of gear. 

How many sets have you been through so far in 5.8?

6 hours ago, excellz said:

But what about Necromancy?  Why shouldn't vessels be subjected to the same durability issues to ensure that the professions need and value remain consistent with the others?

In v6.0 (or sooner, I'm hoping) discipline runes will be stuck in a vessel once slotted in, and so any time you'd want to try a new spec with different disciplines you'll need a new vessel.

6 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It's supposed to be 2 dura on a random item (Chest,gloves,helmet,boots,weapons) every 10 seconds.  

I have been running around and fighting in the same suit I built on day 3 of 5.8, playing probably 10hrs a week or more, fighting and harvesting critters, (combat stance), died a ridiculous number of times for dumb reasons, used tow truck enough to lose almost two mounts, (they don't take dura in combat)  and still have 20% of the durability left on those pieces.

In that time, I have enough resources together now for at least 3-4 more sets of gear.

I am certain you are exaggerating the rate of decay, or your bugged.  

I know the mechanic rubs plenty of people the wrong way, but usually that stops once they have seen how long it takes to burn through their first set of gear. 

How many sets have you been through so far in 5.8?

I know it's bugged. Which is why I posted about it in feedback already when I first noticed it. And I'm not exaggerating. I was an Archer specced Ranger main so my original set was advanced leather. Archer was crap so went Warden and was using my leather set because I didn't have mail yet. When my green mail set was crafted by guildies I had just finished and leveled a Confessor. So I was like, cool I can test him out with the mail. Went out to mess around with him no more than 1.5 hours and when I got back to keep, 2 pieces were damn near spot on 50% durability. And 2 piece were getting close to it.

Brand. New. Crafted. Set. I went several campaigns using my leather and it still has plenty of durability on it. Hell, my leather chest has more durability left that my mail one. I was horrified that somehow half the durability was gone on the Confessor. I had already chuckled to myself when my basic book fizzled out of existence at a mere level 5, thinking that the confessor burning through his stuff pretty fast. But when I see this on my mail later, I realized that the must be a problem. So I went in combat and watch first tick 4 durability gone from chest, 2nd tick 5 durability lost. 

I took all the gear off and logged off the confessor. Am not about to destroy my gear prematurely for no damn class. I didn't know that the durability loss is only supposed to hit 1 piece of gear, doesn't seem to be the cast when I see it. And for the confessor it's chunk the durability.

17 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

I know it's bugged. Which is why I posted about it in feedback already when I first noticed it. And I'm not exaggerating. I was an Archer specced Ranger main so my original set was advanced leather. Archer was crap so went Warden and was using my leather set because I didn't have mail yet. When my green mail set was crafted by guildies I had just finished and leveled a Confessor. So I was like, cool I can test him out with the mail. Went out to mess around with him no more than 1.5 hours and when I got back to keep, 2 pieces were damn near spot on 50% durability. And 2 piece were getting close to it.

Brand. New. Crafted. Set. I went several campaigns using my leather and it still has plenty of durability on it. Hell, my leather chest has more durability left that my mail one. I was horrified that somehow half the durability was gone on the Confessor. I had already chuckled to myself when my basic book fizzled out of existence at a mere level 5, thinking that the confessor burning through his stuff pretty fast. But when I see this on my mail later, I realized that the must be a problem. So I went in combat and watch first tick 4 durability gone from chest, 2nd tick 5 durability lost. 

I took all the gear off and logged off the confessor. Am not about to destroy my gear prematurely for no damn class. I didn't know that the durability loss is only supposed to hit 1 piece of gear, doesn't seem to be the cast when I see it. And for the confessor it's chunk the durability.

Majorissue with anything above whites is no pips get spend in durability like white armor would get due to overflow and the green base dura is rather low white armor vgets 400-600 more dura on them so they last for ages

2 hours ago, Navystylz said:

You may want to email support@crowfall.com unless you know other players are having this issue, it could be your vessel or account.

2 hours ago, Navystylz said:

The whole duraloss System is kinda weird. Duraloss seems to be devided through the number of parts you have. If you start a new char with only a weapon from the Vendor, it will Decay like 4x faster since you dont have any other parts of gear equipped. I noticed this on my second Champion. I gave him a advanced greataxe from the beginning at Level 1 (I used this weapon for almost a week before on the old Champion and it was on like 40% dura). I went out grinding Mobs with that Setup (without gear) and this weapon was done in minutes. Thats why i believe that the duraloss is devided by parts. Maybe it was a bug, but that System seems to be odd^^

2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

You may want to email support@crowfall.com unless you know other players are having this issue, it could be your vessel or account.

Well I reported it as bug or feedback. It's pre-alpha so stuff happens. There are so many variables to being a Confessor though, so I couldn't really tell if it was something about fessors or the specific combination. Maybe if other people report similar things it can be narrowed down.