Maemi

Ranger Archer sub/class My Experiences and thoughts

Do you like Archer in it current state 5.8  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you like Archer in it current state 5.8

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2019 at 05:00 AM

Posted (edited)

I want to start this topic with a brief background of my gaming experiences. There is one class I always plays and love and it the ranger or archers anything that is a long range that consists in firing an arrow or bullet. I played Everquest, World of Warcraft. Final Fantasy, Blade and soul, Black Desert Online and many Others so you can say I have been around the block and played in a competitive fashion. So when I heard about Crowfall an MMO / throne war simulator that you can win and as an Icing on the cake has a ranger hell sign me in!! I was hooked. I played archer ranger only. I tried all races and after a couple of campaign, I felt I needed to talk about my experience as a ranger is in this game. Now Before I start with the meat of the subject I want to stress what I will be saying is in no shape or form an attack or an insult to the devs in any way nor will I support such behavior. It a Critics that is constructive. Also if you agree please like so that it will attract the devs attention and help us get a better subclass in the end. If you don't your opinion is valuable as well write down your own opinion as well just keep it civilized. Note this topic is solely on archer sub/class Nothing else.

My experience with the class So far 5.8

The beginning is fairly slow you have little to no spell a simple charge shot but almost all ranger /archer start that way. For the start the class feels right but as you level there is very little development  the problem with Archer is simple It feels Boring and Redundant  as time goes you realize it's not engaging when you unlock the sub /class you do not feel like You've become better in what you have decided to improve which is in this case archery it just the same!  

It feel shallow lacking and double shot does not help in that regard to actually make some decent dmg you have to charge up a shot for 4 to 5 sec which makes it unbelievably boring after a while and even after all that the result leaves little to be desired.

Especially in a class that relies on kitting positioning to create your opportunity for the Big Bam. Which leads to the other point of my experience No crunch

No crunch

NO crunch meaning there is no powerful spell to give you the satisfaction to fire strong attack that punishes your enemies with careful planning. You need a snipe attack charge attack that takes time to cast (4 to 5-sec charge up) Or anything really.

All you have as a good dmg spell is Rapid fire. This spell is, in my opinion, one of the few spells you nailed  BUT this is where it gets dirty since it is the only good damaging ability worth having it's also our biggest weakness considering it is a channel so any interruption and you've just shot down 60%  of the  dmg and I am being kind here because in actuality it more like 80%.  This would be acceptable if you had  some decent kitting ability  which  lead to my final point what I call  ''Esthetic over Practicality ''

Esthetic over Practicality

The Syndrome I like to call  ''Esthetic over Practicality'' as most of you have already guessed it: It is when an action has an animation that is so long it reduce the effectiveness or simply make it flat out pointless.  Because we all know esthetic is so much better than gameplay feeling and practicality right! As long as I look cool everything ok.

Binding arrow falls in this category so well it could be the very definition of Esthetic over Practicality.  

To explain myself better allow me to put you in a situation, you are fighting the ranger. So far so good you're running at him. He, on the other hand, is attacking you every 3 to5 sec with a regular attack. He used afterward an attack that fire rapidly at you but your closing in fast. (NOW let's pretend we don't know archer) you are at about 6 to 5 Meter from him and all of a sudden he assumes a crouching position and appear to be charging an attack. Like any normal person, your very first reaction will be to dodge and quick!  That is the problem the animation in itself take soo long by the times it finally fires spamming clicking that left mouse button. You have the time to go make yourself a cappuccino take a sip and it still has not fired the damned spell.  It just a huge red flag screaming move out of the way on a small area of effect that takes too much time to fire. Simple is better  Practicality over Esthetic always. Esthetic is good when it is done right, in this case, it not.

Suppressed shot fall this is category too same issue same animation.

Half-elf ''spin step''  also fall in this category I will explain on that later when I will give my ranking on class and explain why I gave such a rank with my experience playing each of them.

Barrage: is in this category because you can only cancel it by using a dodge.  See talent withering barrage that debuff the enemy.

Archer spell  My opinion base of experience  Play this class 

Rapid fire: No changes needed we need another damaging spell so we aren't stuck using only this every time it is off cd.

Hunker Down: This spell has nothing to complement it as I pointed out rapid fire is the only dmg spell you have it no worth hanging on to it because otherwise all your doing is double shot (auto-attack basically) which translate in a significant drop in dmg.

Barrage:  The spell is okay but you should be able to press the spell again to cancel the channeling rather than force to use a dodge just to cancel the spell for the debuff. 

Ricochet: For lack of better word ''Garbage''  Considering the low dmg the fact that you have to be immobile and the requirement for it to be effective there is no better description for it.

Flare Arrow: I don't feel this spell need any change however I would prefer it to be vision buff which would make sense considering ranger are in essence trackers but I digress I like the way it is atm.

Explosive Trap:  You have to switch to melee tray on a  global cd by that time the person chasing you already knows what happening and is already preparing to move around it add to the fact that it very easy to go around it which makes this spell useless.   I suggest explosive arrow (spell 30sec cd)  you fire a shot that knockback players in the area of impact a much-needed Cc to help us kite which every range class needs

Archer stake: should be baseline instant cast it pointless to take 3 sec to cast only to run out of it 0.5 sec later beside it takes so much times to cast. (Treant Wood Stake)Baseline

Suppressed Shot: Too slow no need for fancy animation that takes this long make it faster (instant) Simple is better.

Binding arrow:  I already explained opinion on this spell it to slow  it does not need a fancy  animation make it simple and faster 

Bow and Arrows!

I love the concept of having different arrows that accomplish different effect it great I am not a fan of proc rate on some of them.

Fire Arrow: Proc rate is low Proc rate should be raised  or simply always burn

Ice Arrow: Proc rate is similar but considering the effect  it's understandable

Piercing arrow: Proc rate is low. Proc rate should be raised or simply always apply bleed 

Crushing Arrow: Proc rate is similar but considering the effect  it's understandable

Slashing Arrow: Proc rate is low Proc rate should be raised considering it such a niche situation

Bow

For bow for ranger, I am not a fan of being forced into a Major Disp that gives nothing beneficial to the class because you already have the spell just to get a better bow so you can fire exotic arrow. Why Punish the class?

Races

After trying every ranger races I will put a rank from Best to worst and explain why in my experience /Opinion why X race is better than Y.

As a ranger you need mobility and a good kite kit to survive I am basing my choice on that.

1. Elken 

Not a big fan of being a deer Unfortunately I cannot deny the use of Elken because of the state of the archer at the moment 

We lack cc arrow binding is not enough. So a knockdown  is very useful when an enemy is too close for comfort

Stealth visibility (GESTALT)which can be used to literally replace flare arrow 

A decent a fast dodge ability. No pointlessly long animation attached 10M

A decent hp base 

2. Minotaur

A Decent hp Pool 

Immunity to all stun effect on the front this is huge 

Bloodthirst give a fighting chance  (double-edged sword)

charge 

A decent a fast dodge ability. No pointlessly long animation attached 12M

3. Wood Elf 

Camouflage  

The best dodge racial   18 M Great to help to kite or escape 

4.Human

Passive slot bonus 

Powerslot bonus 

3% dmg taken reduction

cloak 

10% dmg buff 12 sec

NOthing to help CC  thus  why ranked 4  doesn't matter the dmg you do

5 HALF-ELF

I really want to put Half-elf to rank one but I cant  this class dodge has the Esthetic over Practicality syndrome 

Spin Step 10 meter dodge just like Elken and human  But the animation.... you press dodge wait for it dive wait for it to roll (since it rolling you can't ready a spell like other races) wait for it to stand up (tap your foot look at the clock) oh ok you are ready to go. BY the time the animation is finished the enemy had time to stroll his way back to you.

The animation needs to be faster  or simply increase the distance to 15M

Highest base stat dmg for ranger +60 dex 

+1 power tray

cloak

Nothing to help CC  +  long animation attached  which hinder more then helps

This is my general experience  with Archer so far 5.8 

Edit: A lot of people have been asking me why I don't talk about '' Call of Fire''. I invite you to read the passive. Anything that forces you to stand still for basically 3 whole spells/skill isn't worth even mentioning.

Edited by Maemi
Added poll

54 minutes ago, Maemi said:

I want to start of this topic  with a brief background  of my gaming experiences. There is one class I always plays and love and it the ranger or archers anything that is long range that consist in firing an arrow or bullet. I played Everquest, World or Warcraft . Final Fantasy , Blade and soul , Black desert Online and many Others so you can say I have been arround the block and played in a competitive fashion. So when I heard about Crowfall an MMo / throne war simulator that you can win  and as an Icing on the cake  has a ranger  hell sign me in!! I was hooked. I played archer ranger only tried all races and after couple of campaign I felt I need to talk about my experience as a ranger is This game. Now Before I start with the meat of the subject I want to stress  what I will be saying is in no shape or form an attack or an insult to the devs in anyway nor will I support such behavior. It  a Critics that is constructive . Also if you agree please like so that it will attract the devs attention and help us get a better sub class in the end. If you dont you opinion is valuable aswell write down your own opinion aswell just keep it civilized. Note this topic is solely ON archer sub/class Nothing else.

My exprience with the class So far 5.8

Th beginning is  fairly slow you little to no spell a simple charge shot but almost all ranger /archer start that way. For the start the class feels right but as the leave there very little devolppement  the problem with crowfall is simple It feel Boring and Redundant  In all honesty at the begining everything it fine as time goes you realize it's not engaging when you unlock the sub /class you do not feel like You've became better in what you have decide to improve which is in this case archery it just the same!  

It feel shallow  lacking and  double shot does not help in that regard to actually make some decent dmg ypu have to charge up a shot for 4 to 5 sec which is unbelievably boring and even after all that the result leaves little to be desired.

Especially on a class that relies on kitting positioning to create your opportunity for the big Bam. Which leads to the other point of my experience No crunch

No crunch

NO crunch meaning there is no powerfull spell to give you the satisfaction to fire strong attack that punish your enemies with carefull planning. You need  a snipe attack charge attack that take time to cast (4 to 5 sec charge up) and deal lots of damage. Or anything really.

All you have as a good dmg spell is Rapid fire. This spell is in my opinion one of the few spell you nailed  BUT this is where it gets dirty since it only good damaging ability it also our biggest weakness considering it a channel so any interruption and you've jus shot down 60%  of the range dmg and I am being kind here because in actually it more like 80%.  This would be acceptable if you had  some decent kitting ability  which we have and lead to my final point what I call  ''Esthetic over Practicality ''

The Syndrome I like to call  ''Esthetic over Practicality'' as most of you have already guessed it:It is when an action have a animation that is so long it reduce effectiveness or simply make it flat out pointless.  Because we all know esthetic is so much better then gameplay feeling and practicality right ! As long as I look cool everything ok.

Bindind arrow fall is this categorie so well it could be the very definition of Esthetic over Practicality.  

To explain myself better allow me to put in a situation . In this situation you are fighting the ranger . So far so good  your running at him . He on the other hand is attacking you every 3 to5 sec with regular attack . He used afterward an attack that fire rapidly at you  but your closing in fast. (NOW LETS pretend we dont know archer) you are at about 6 to 5 Meter from him ad all of a sudden he assumes a crouching position and appear to be charging an attack . AS any normal person  your very first reaction will be to dodge and quick!  That is the problem  the animation in  itself take soo long  by the times is finally fires because you spamming click that left mouse button . You have the time to go make yourself a cappuchinno take a sip and it still have not fired the damned spell.  It just a huge red flag screaming move out of the way on a small area of effect that take too much time to fire. Simple is better  Practicality over Esthetic always. Esthetic is good when it done right in this case it not.

Suppressed shot fall this is categorie too same issue same animation.

Half elf ''spin step''  also fall in this categorie I will explain on that later when I will give my ranking on class and explain why I gave such a rank which my experience playing each of them.

Barrage  is in this categorie because you can only cancel it by using a dodge.  because of the  talent withering barrage  that debuff the enemy.

Rapid fire:No changes needed  we need another damaging spell so we arent stuck using  only  this everytimes it is off cd .

Hunker Down: This spell has nothing to complement it as I pointed out rapid fire is the only  dmg spell you have it no worth hanging on to it because otherwise all your doing is double shot (autoattack basically) which translate in a significant drop in dmg.

Barrage:  The spell is okay but you should be able to press the spell again to cancel the channeling rather then force to use a dodge just to cancel the spell for debuff. 

Ricochet: For lack of better word ''Garbage''  Considering the low dmg  the fact that you have be immobile and the requirement for it to be effective there is no better description for it.

Flare arrow: I dont feel this spell need any change however I would prefer it to be  vision buff  which would make sense considering ranger are in essence trackers but I digress I like the way it is atm.

Explosive Trap:  You have to switch to melee tray on a  global cd by that time the person chasing you already knows what happening  and is already preparing to move arround  it add to the fact that it very easy to go arround it which makes this spell useless.   I suggest explosive arrow (spell 30sec cd)  you fire a shot that knocksback players in area of impact a much needed Cc to help us kite which every range class needs

Archer stake: should be baseline instant cast it pointless to take 3 sec to cast only to run out of it 0.5 sec later beside it takes so much times to cast. (Treant Wood Stake)Baseline

Suppressed Shot: Too slow no need for fancy animation that take this long  make it faster (instant) Simple is better.

Bindind arrow:  I already explained opinion on this spell it to slow  it does not need a fancy  animation make it simple and faster 

Bow and Arrows !

I love the concept of having different arrows  that accomplish different effect it great I am not a fan of proc rate on some of them.

Fire Arrow : Proc rate is low Proc rate should be raised  or simply always burn

Piercing arrow: Proc rate is low . Proc rate should be raised or simply always apply bleed 

Crushing Arrow: Proc rate is similar but considering the effect  it's understandable

Slashing Arrow: Proc rate is low Proc rate should be raised considering it such a niche situation

Bow

For bow for ranger I am not a fan of being forced  into a Major Disp that gives nothing benificial  to the class because you already have the spell just to get a better bow so you can fire  exotic arrow. Why Punish the class  ?

Races

After trying every ranger races I will put a rank from Best to worst  and explain why in my experience /Opinion why X race is better then Y .

As a ranger you need mobility and a good kite kit to survive I am basing my choice on that .

1. Elken 

Not a big fan of being a deer Unfortunatly I cannot deny the use of elken because of the state of archer at the moment 

We lack cc  arrow binding is not enough.So a knockdown  is very usefull when an enemie is too close for comfort

Stealth visibility (GESTALT)which can be use to literally remplace flare arrow 

A decent hp base 

2. Minotaur

A Decent hp Pool 

Bloodthirst give a fighting chance  (double edged sword)

charge 

3. Wood Elf 

Camouflage  

Thes best dodge racial   18 M Great to help kiting  or escape 

4.Human

Passive slot bonus 

Powerslot bonus 

3% dmg taken reduction

cloak 

10% dmg buff 12 sec

NOthing to help CC  thus  why ranked 4  doesnt matte the dmg you do

5 HALF ELF

I really want to put Half elf to rank one but I cant  this class dodge has the Esthetic over Practicality syndrome 

Spin Step 10 meter dodge just like elken and human  But the animation you dodge wait for it dive  wait for it to roll (since it rolling you cant ready a spell ) wait for it to stand  up (tap your foot look at the clock) oh ok your ready to go . BY the time the animation is finished  the enemie  had time to strole his way back to you.

The animation need to be faster  or simply increase the distance to 15M

+1 power tray

cloak

pointlessly long animation attached  which hinder more then helps  

Yeah its baaaaaad you a turret with super short range and no life or much in the way of escape alot of the arrows types are pointless aswell. The class was designed to sit on wall and shoot targets below however doing this will get you killed since your just gonna get pulled off into like 40 people 99% of the time and your range isnt long enough to even finish anyone off if you happen to get somone low so yeah.
Im gonna go through a few thing that i feel will boost the class into a better spot imo.

Talents/passive Changes
Archery - Crushing, Piercing and slasing buff are all well and good but without fire and ice aswell you kinda make those quivers pointless to even use

Target Practice - 9m range bonus is good however it needs a 9m Range cap bonus aswell, the problem with this right now is simply getting basicly maxes out your range making Range disciplines kinda pointless since the range bonus doesnt do anything and the skills are kinda meh alot of the time with the exception of binding arrow from elemental archer it also unlockes elemental quivers but there useless due to above dot point. This will also set yourself appart from other rangers as being the ranged one. since the other ranger classes can match ur range quite easily atm and have more versatility.

Amazing Rapidity - Rapid fire should only ever get used if you dont have your Call of fire passive up which as a archer u realy want up as much as possibly, skill only realy useful for chasing or when your foced to move otherwise ur better of left clicking or Ricochet since your passive doesnt speed it up.

Archer stake (Close Rank version) : This buff should grant you the grounded buff which prevents Pulls/knockup effects still vulnerable to stuns and other forms of CC just prevents you from being moved this is vital since your cant use your passive unless ur stationary and you cant even defend keep/forts which this class is designed too from the wall due to knights and Myrmidon pulls.

Withering Barrage imo should prevent mobility skills/dodge atm anyone can easily dodge out of it, League of legends has a debuff that prevent skill with movement element being used while withing the circle of the ability, i feel something like this would work wonders instead of the current dmg debuff, however the current effect isnt to bad people just dodge roll out of it though which negates the ability completely

Call of fire passive - This should work channel skills aswell not just charge up ability like Richochet and left click.

Skills
Rapid fire -  with your passive active its actualy less dmg than your leftclick not to mention left click trigger quiver effects where rapid fire doesnt it actualy interupts you quiver progress since it resets ur Left click combo where the 3rd combo trigger quiver, It is useful when your moving though.

Hunker down - 10% dmg bonus + 5% to all resistance its actually pretty decent skill since your spose to be stationary since passive, only thing i would change is it doesnt reset your left click combo

Barrage: very very situtational since they just dodge out of it 90% of the time

Flare arrows is fine as is imo

Traps - i kinda miss the ranged trap tbh that we use to have both faerie trap and explosive are fine wouldnt mind seeing a little bit of a alrger trigger radius its rather non exsistant atm

Treant wood stake - as it stands now the upgrade to his is kinda pointless appart from being instant cast, immunity to root/movement reduction kinda seem redundant when you want to be standing on that point anyway if u wanna bonus from the attack dmg bonus it grants, i would much rather it get changed to grounded buff as mention above in the talent section.

Suppress and binding - is fine as is, the reason they have slower animation of fire is reason why all the other classes big attacks are slower animations its to allow for people to react and dodge them.

Quivers (To OP the arrow effect procs on 3rd left click)
Piercing - Its by far the best however its also the worst since everyone like to run scarecrow to counter guards (Changing guard dmg type to random dmg will help here)
Crushing - is ok not amazing cause stun is super super short but its needed i guess since u could left click spam to trigger it quickly its only realy good as interuption of some abilities
Slashing - Yeeeah good in theory terrible in practice, triggers on ever 3rd left click and only works when there below 35% hp not to mention the dmg bonus on the execute is lower than bleeds dmg which works at any hp
Ice - Is actually great if you had the 10% dmg bonus (This one seem to proc on every 2nd set 3rd Left click i think there a CD of like 10 seconds or so which is fine considering it root is rather good with the dot)
Fire - Change this to an AOE imo so its like an explosive arrow and it be good with the exception of no bonus dmg from archer skill would make for a good large scale arrow type if it had an AoE on the 3rd hits which archer are lacking.

Bows
Are they any different now? havant check but they use to be identical to eachother so therefor kinda pointless.

Races
Elken compliment the class well i do miss the range bonus they use to have though (But it bring them back in line with other races), but there charge does help with relocating and knocking people back

Mino Havant check but i doubt it if there immunity to stun from front attacks worked against pull effect it would be amazing but im pretty certain it doesnt choice overall though

Woodelfs are great choice imo, dodge allows to move through things long dodge range (It might even keep the passive active since ur not moving technically but i havant check yet

Humans are pretty solid due to extra passive/ability slot but i dont think archers realy need the extra skill slot but passove slow huge since all class get an ability to put in the passive slot now so you often run out of spaces for them

half elfs are kinda meh since AP caps at 1000 dex isnt all that important since 50% crit chance and 1000AP can be rather easy to achieve when you get better equipment and the passive ability are kinda meh in comparison to others.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

Mino Havant check but i doubt it if there immunity to stun from front attacks worked against pull effect it would be amazing but im pretty certain it doesnt choice overall though

Suppress and binding - is fine as is, the reason they have slower animation of fire is reason why all the other classes big attacks are slower animations its to allow for people to react and dodge them.

12 hours ago, moneda said:

I don't see them changing the animations for Binding Arrow or Suppression Shot because of how powerful they are in group combat, which is what they design and balance this game around.

I don't think it works against pull either unless it counts as a stun I would be surprised.

Big attacks are one thing CC  is another let`s not mix both we want to compare apple to apple especially when it comes to a class that needs to keep enemies off it`s back. Also, CC is meant to help stop runners or keep enemies away, chain your combos or even do your big attacks which is why you can`t have  big attacks and cc in the same boat

Group combat does not matter in that regard you are going to land your CC regardless of animations in group combat  In my experience since you will generally want to hit as many key targets as possible to improve the odds of your team to win the fight.

Edited by Maemi
correcting my sentences ....

I wish that they rethink the ranger to play like a skill chain combo type of archetype with its base kit, but the LMB needs to have the Dmg up some, if i gotta stand still for 3 + sec in the middle of a back and forth push and my choice of positioning is key then it should be worth it and well rewarding, like make it so if you stand the full duration it turns into 95% crit chance snipe. that way they reward is worth the risk.

They need to address the range issues and the movement issues. Even on wood elf trying to kite is ridiculous; minosand centaur champs jumping through the air nullifying the point of a range weapon is sad. 

@ Veeshan definitely like the idea of making guard damage random. Reminds me of picking your guards in Shadowbane.

On 1/6/2019 at 5:41 AM, Maemi said:

I want to start this topic with a brief background of my gaming experiences. There is one class I always plays and love and it the ranger or archers anything that is a long range that consists in firing an arrow or bullet. I played Everquest, World of Warcraft. Final Fantasy, Blade and soul, Black Desert Online and many Others so you can say I have been around the block and played in a competitive fashion. So when I heard about Crowfall an MMO / throne war simulator that you can win and as an Icing on the cake has a ranger hell sign me in!! I was hooked. I played archer ranger only. I tried all races and after a couple of campaign, I felt I needed to talk about my experience as a ranger is in this game. Now Before I start with the meat of the subject I want to stress what I will be saying is in no shape or form an attack or an insult to the devs in any way nor will I support such behavior. It a Critics that is constructive. Also if you agree please like so that it will attract the devs attention and help us get a better subclass in the end. If you don't your opinion is valuable as well write down your own opinion as well just keep it civilized. Note this topic is solely on archer sub/class Nothing else.

My experience with the class So far 5.8

The beginning is fairly slow you have little to no spell a simple charge shot but almost all ranger /archer start that way. For the start the class feels right but as you level there is very little development  the problem with Archer is simple It feels Boring and Redundant  as time goes you realize it's not engaging when you unlock the sub /class you do not feel like You've become better in what you have decided to improve which is in this case archery it just the same!  

It feel shallow lacking and double shot does not help in that regard to actually make some decent dmg you have to charge up a shot for 4 to 5 sec which makes it unbelievably boring after a while and even after all that the result leaves little to be desired.

Especially in a class that relies on kitting positioning to create your opportunity for the Big Bam. Which leads to the other point of my experience No crunch

No crunch

NO crunch meaning there is no powerful spell to give you the satisfaction to fire strong attack that punishes your enemies with careful planning. You need a snipe attack charge attack that takes time to cast (4 to 5-sec charge up) Or anything really.

All you have as a good dmg spell is Rapid fire. This spell is, in my opinion, one of the few spells you nailed  BUT this is where it gets dirty since it is the only good damaging ability worth having it's also our biggest weakness considering it is a channel so any interruption and you've just shot down 60%  of the  dmg and I am being kind here because in actuality it more like 80%.  This would be acceptable if you had  some decent kitting ability  which  lead to my final point what I call  ''Esthetic over Practicality ''

The Syndrome I like to call  ''Esthetic over Practicality'' as most of you have already guessed it: It is when an action has an animation that is so long it reduce the effectiveness or simply make it flat out pointless.  Because we all know esthetic is so much better than gameplay feeling and practicality right! As long as I look cool everything ok.

Binding arrow falls in this category so well it could be the very definition of Esthetic over Practicality.  

To explain myself better allow me to put you in a situation, you are fighting the ranger. So far so good you're running at him. He, on the other hand, is attacking you every 3 to5 sec with a regular attack. He used afterward an attack that fire rapidly at you but your closing in fast. (NOW let's pretend we don't know archer) you are at about 6 to 5 Meter from him and all of a sudden he assumes a crouching position and appear to be charging an attack. Like any normal person, your very first reaction will be to dodge and quick!  That is the problem the animation in itself take soo long by the times it finally fires spamming clicking that left mouse button. You have the time to go make yourself a cappuccino take a sip and it still has not fired the damned spell.  It just a huge red flag screaming move out of the way on a small area of effect that takes too much time to fire. Simple is better  Practicality over Esthetic always. Esthetic is good when it is done right, in this case, it not.

Suppressed shot fall this is category too same issue same animation.

Half-elf ''spin step''  also fall in this category I will explain on that later when I will give my ranking on class and explain why I gave such a rank with my experience playing each of them.

Barrage: is in this category because you can only cancel it by using a dodge.  See talent withering barrage that debuff the enemy.

Rapid fire: No changes needed we need another damaging spell so we aren't stuck using only this every time it is off cd.

Hunker Down: This spell has nothing to complement it as I pointed out rapid fire is the only dmg spell you have it no worth hanging on to it because otherwise all your doing is double shot (auto-attack basically) which translate in a significant drop in dmg.

Barrage:  The spell is okay but you should be able to press the spell again to cancel the channeling rather than force to use a dodge just to cancel the spell for the debuff. 

Ricochet: For lack of better word ''Garbage''  Considering the low dmg the fact that you have to be immobile and the requirement for it to be effective there is no better description for it.

Flare Arrow: I don't feel this spell need any change however I would prefer it to be vision buff which would make sense considering ranger are in essence trackers but I digress I like the way it is atm.

Explosive Trap:  You have to switch to melee tray on a  global cd by that time the person chasing you already knows what happening and is already preparing to move around it add to the fact that it very easy to go around it which makes this spell useless.   I suggest explosive arrow (spell 30sec cd)  you fire a shot that knockback players in the area of impact a much-needed Cc to help us kite which every range class needs

Suppressed Shot: Too slow no need for fancy animation that takes this long make it faster (instant) Simple is better.

Binding arrow:  I already explained opinion on this spell it to slow  it does not need a fancy  animation make it simple and faster 

Bow and Arrows!

I love the concept of having different arrows that accomplish different effect it great I am not a fan of proc rate on some of them.

Fire Arrow: Proc rate is low Proc rate should be raised  or simply always burn

Piercing arrow: Proc rate is low. Proc rate should be raised or simply always apply bleed 

Bow

For bow for ranger, I am not a fan of being forced into a Major Disp that gives nothing beneficial to the class because you already have the spell just to get a better bow so you can fire exotic arrow. Why Punish the class?

Races

After trying every ranger races I will put a rank from Best to worst and explain why in my experience /Opinion why X race is better than Y.

As a ranger you need mobility and a good kite kit to survive I am basing my choice on that.

1. Elken 

Not a big fan of being a deer Unfortunately I cannot deny the use of Elken because of the state of the archer at the moment 

We lack cc arrow binding is not enough. So a knockdown  is very useful when an enemy is too close for comfort

Stealth visibility (GESTALT)which can be used to literally replace flare arrow 

A decent hp base 

2. Minotaur

A Decent hp Pool 

Bloodthirst give a fighting chance  (double-edged sword)

charge 

3. Wood Elf 

Camouflage  

The best dodge racial   18 M Great to help to kite or escape 

4.Human

Passive slot bonus 

Powerslot bonus 

3% dmg taken reduction

cloak 

10% dmg buff 12 sec

NOthing to help CC  thus  why ranked 4  doesn't matter the dmg you do

5 HALF-ELF

I really want to put Half-elf to rank one but I cant  this class dodge has the Esthetic over Practicality syndrome 

Spin Step 10 meter dodge just like Elken and human  But the animation.... you press dodge wait for it dive wait for it to roll (since it rolling you can't ready a spell like other races) wait for it to stand up (tap your foot look at the clock) oh ok you are ready to go. BY the time the animation is finished the enemy had time to stroll his way back to you.

The animation needs to be faster  or simply increase the distance to 15M

+1 power tray

cloak

Edit: A lot of people have been asking me why I don't talk about '' Call of Fire''. I invite you to read the passive. Anything that forces you to stand still for basically 3 whole spells/skill isn't worth even mentioning.

Helpfull, ty