Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tooltip

Sanctifier Advice

Howdy all!

Decided to roll a confessor sanctifier and I'd love some advice since there doesn't seem to be anything out there. I'm on a Nethari and have put all points into Int.

Here's a screen of my build, I still have 6 points left and I'm not entirely sure where to put them. I grabbed everything in the starter line (off screen) and then maxed out anything to do with crit or armor. Is there anything I haven't taken that's a must?

T2BF6kH.png

Also, in terms of Disciplines, I've been looking and none seem too amazing... what are people going for?

Maybe Militant Mage + Mudman? Troubadore? Would I ever stand still for 12s though?

For Minors, I assume Demon Pack, Elven Eyes and Mortal Sin / Expansive Mind?

Any help is appreciated!

You would be correct that none of the disciplines are amazing for us.  Our base kit itself is very solid but that gives you flexibility in your choices.  Why would you need to stand still for 12s? None of the troubador skills force you to stand still. No skills except for one of the confessor disciplines has a 3s requirement and with the way mobility is in this game that choice is a death sentence. 

I would just increase rapture for sure  and get erudite up unless you want more elemental protections .  You don't need the range increase especially with the change in 5.8.1 where you will be forced into 8m as a plate confessor.  I play a leather Inquisitor so things are a bit different for me.

On 30.1.2019 at 12:16 AM, MEGAS_XLR said:

is eminently punchable  restore mana on the confessor ? 

Yes it does.

Also a lil bit feedback of the sanctifier from my side:

Played the sanctifier now for arround 2 weeks, but without the spitting distance perk since they announced the change of forcing you to 8m if you pick it (the removal of the passive).

At this point and in particular after this last campaign, I have to say that its still way to strong. For sure its a lil bit less tanky because you have to play him in leather but 90% of his sustain comes from "Righterous Shield" procs. It doesnt matter if you wear leather or plate, if you are shielded for 95% of the time. There is no cooldown on that proc and the chance to proc it is extremly high. Since your selfheal is almost not existend or respectively extrem weak, you should always have a stack of bandages with you. That condermination is just there to deal a massive ammount of dmg in a short timeframe if you got spare mana to do so. The shieldproc should be combined into that spitting distance perk to fix this, otherwise that "nerf" was completly useless.

I provoked alot of outnumberd fights like 3v1, 4v1, 5v1 and one was even 6v1 and its rediciulous...its getting addicting at some point, so dont overdo it. Iam not outgearing anyone beside from that guys in intermediate, but they are rare in known guilds. Iam just running a basicvessel with commonquality stuff without rings and amulets on a highelf.

If you got the right surroundings like down in the pits with alot of Motherloads to break LoS, there is almost nothing which can kill you without receiving a loss or a couple of deaths and ends in your disengagment if the whole map starts to hunt you down....I guess balance can tell stories about that ;) This can be archieved even without abusing fallingdmg (which doesnt work really good down there, since they always hit walls or land on ML's).

The uptime of the ultimate is also extremly high, which give you the ability to stealth out and reposition yourself almost whenever you want to.

Nerf plz.

Edited by Makuza

I really like the focus weapon disc’s shield  (Equal to current mana )but the  flame wall is supposed to be better.  I can’t seem to not self cats the flame wall , am I doing something wrong ?

Look at the pic of my skilltree. Iam not putting the talentpoint into that thing which forces you to 8m. If you activate this perk, your firewall is always directly below you.

Yeah but you're missing the ability to wear plate, which is half of what makes Sanctifier a really strong spec. 
If you're not taking that, you should be rolling Inquisitor anyway..

12 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

Yeah but you're missing the ability to wear plate, which is half of what makes Sanctifier a really strong spec. 
If you're not taking that, you should be rolling Inquisitor anyway..

Plz read my post from saturday for my point of view and maybe test it, before you take a position on that. Inquisitor is in fact squishy as hell and cant deal more consistent dmg as the leather sacrifier in group fights because of the missing sustain. 

Edited by Makuza

2 minutes ago, Makuza said:

Plz read my post from saturday for my point of view and maybe test it, before you take a position on that. Inquisitor is in fact squishy as hell and cant deal more consistent dmg as the leather sacrifier in group fights because of the missing sustain. 

The playstyle of inquisitor is just different than sanctifier, you have to focus more on positioning and working as a group. It's much less of a solo class, for sure. Sustain is via damage prevention via having a 35m range and good use of ulti and dodges. 

My main is an Inquisitor (with a white vessel) and I can assure you, if I get left alone or have teammates that can peel off me, I can put out significantly more damage than a Sanctifier. Righteousness shield proc is very strong and an argument in your favor for the partial sanct build, but the DPS can't really be compared anymore between the two since some of the recent fixes to the class.

Over Sanctifier, Inquisitor gains 6% crit chance, 3% AP:Fire, deadly fire tornadoes (if you can land them), 8% damage proc from Righteousness, 225 AP and Feel the burn, which seems to be working better now since 5.8.1. 

I have done a bunch of testing for both specs to compare the two, and at least from my point of view, Inquisitor is finally in a good place to put out reliable damage given the proper playstyle.

Different playstyles prolly. I can imagine how you stand in an imaginery backline and let ppl "peel for you" (which isnt really athing i  this game with the current cc mechanics anyway). While dealing tons of dmg with your slow traveling tornados which need 8 seconds to reach their destination and everyone there is allready pulled together, clumped, cc'ed and ready to get smashed. 

The ranged-sanctifier play is different. With this spec you are the pushing unit, always in the middle or directly in the flank of the foe's groups and zergs. You are able to put stuff down were it hurts the most. You are a sustaintank with knockupcc and aoe dmg but still able to use that stuff on a usefull range without being gimped to a firewall directly under your feeds. 

I agree that the inquisitor has in fact higher dps on the trainingdummies, but if it comes to real dps and uptimes in actuall pvp situations, there is no way you can put more pressure on them if somebody is playing the sanctifier the right way. 

Like I mentioned in my previous post: This will be changed for sure. They have to force this build to the range of spitting distance, otherwise they have to revamp the shieldproc. Both changes would let me prefer the inquisitor over the sanctifier (if i would want to stick to the confessor), but in the current state, the sanctifier is superior.

Edited by Makuza

So Inquisitor has all the same abilities that leather sanctifier does, but inquisitor does more damage with those same abilities, but sacrifices some survivability without the shield. Not seeing how you think the sanctifier does more damage.

I'm not talking training dummies, I have been active with this spec for many small and large scale fights. Inquisitor is hands-and-away the better spec for sieges, where you're inherently more safe due to large numbers and higher range. Small scale is less of a better spec and comes down to playstyle, but with being able to Ult away and re-position if targeted, or having teammates peel (yes, they can), you don't need to expose yourself to any danger to do damage. You play it like a ranger, run bard and an extra CC like mole hunter for the pesky people that won't get away, and you burn them down from ranged once they realize they can't catch you. 

In forts and such, tornadoes, firewaves and firewall are very disruptive and effective. 

The blanket statement that inquisitors can't put out damage because they die so easily is just incorrect, the spec works and can be very effective and I would be surprised if they weren't the #1 RDPS spec in the game right now.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, Phr00t said:

So Inquisitor has all the same abilities that leather sanctifier does, but inquisitor does more damage with those same abilities, but sacrifices some survivability without the shield. Not seeing how you think the sanctifier does more damage.

I'm not talking training dummies, I have been active with this spec for many small and large scale fights. Inquisitor is hands-and-away the better spec for sieges, where you're inherently more safe due to large numbers and higher range. Small scale is less of a better spec and comes down to playstyle, but with being able to Ult away and re-position if targeted, or having teammates peel (yes, they can), you don't need to expose yourself to any danger to do damage. You play it like a ranger, run bard and an extra CC like mole hunter for the pesky people that won't get away, and you burn them down from ranged once they realize they can't catch you. 

In forts and such, tornadoes, firewaves and firewall are very disruptive and effective. 

The blanket statement that inquisitors can't put out damage because they die so easily is just incorrect, the spec works and can be very effective and I would be surprised if they weren't the #1 RDPS spec in the game right now.

More dps because he doesnt have to kite all the day and need to get to a savespot to get healed up, which are most likley healingcircles which are under pressure anyway. 

Thats were uptime of dps is important. You prolly have like 20% more dps output by that spec, but you are running away alot and dodge stuff, not being in range for the important targets (prolly doesnt matter in smallscale) and so on, so you cant bring your dps consistently on the enemies. 

We have different views or experience on groupfights I guess. Its fine for me

Sanctifier gets 20% to their dmg plus you can run resolution which is another 10% damage as long as theres 3 people 15m. Which should always be the case, problem is you only have 7m range and youre in the melee ball and with current performance issues it's just not fun playing, I tried it and will keep playing until I level a new vessel up to go back to inquisitor. Way more fun and really nice DPS.