Sign in to follow this  
xsquishyturtlex

Crafting Armor

Could someone please explain exactly how to go about making armor with crafting stats please?

My understanding was that during the creation of the materials you use "Specialty Seals" for the profession you are wanting, Blacksmithing Seal, Leatherworking Seal, etc.....

You then take those seals, and use them to create the pieces, metal scales, metal rings, metal plates, etc......

The Specialty Seal when used changes the stats on those items from combat stats to crafting stats??

So far I have attempted this twice and the stats on the items are still combat stats, it is not changing them to crafting stats.

Is there a step I am missing somewhere?  Thanks! 

You have to use silver in the 2 ore slots. Hopefully they'll change it at some point to be any ore, as it really shouldn't matter.

What about leatherworkers though, which hide type should they use on their 3 slots?

I have had a crafted set of leather +Skinning pieces crafted, so I can confirm that specialty seals are working at least for that.

14 hours ago, Sogar said:

What about leatherworkers though, which hide type should they use on their 3 slots?

I believe it requires durable hide for leather.

Trying to create a leather skinning armor.  I created the specialty seal for skinning but didn't change the leather square stat.  Can you only make the armor chest piece with gathering stats?

I just tried it with all durable, all flexible and all tough. None of them worked.

If you can wear mail or plate, just make that. I know using silver works.