Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zorph

Night time skinning improvement

I was informed it isn’t really worth skinning at night.  The harvest rate is so low.  Leatherworking is the only class that took this hit at night.  It is likely this was an unintended side effect of the night cycle.  

Posted (edited)

I skin day and night & I get hide, blood, bone & meat from the hunger forms, as well as critical & beneficial harvests.

I don't log harvests, but other than hunger forms being a bit more challenging, I don't see much difference.

If there is a difference, it hits all skinners & leather workers the same so you are at not at a disadvantage against your competitors.

Edited by VaMei

It's not a day/night thing. It's based on the seasons. In spring and summer, you get a bonus to your plentiful harvest stats, which enables you to get more quantity and quality when you harvest. In fall and winter, you get a negative to plentiful harvest stats. These negatives can be overcome in a variety of ways, including disciplines, skill training, potions and food.

The nighttime versions of the mobs will drop less gold, but it doesn't have an effect on skinning.

Does the plentiful harvest hurt gathering for ore, wood, etc...? 

Sorry I must have missed understood his comment.   What your saying makes sense.

24 minutes ago, Zorph said:

Does the plentiful harvest hurt gathering for ore, wood, etc...? 

Yes, Ore, Stone, Grave, Log & Skin are all affected by the seasonal changes. Foraging does not seem to be affected.

Have you not skinned the hellcats in logan? the gold drops from ~200 to 20, and skinning them is night impossible if you are looking for quantity or quality materials despite being set up to do skinning.