Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Staff

Vessel solution

So because it would devalue the possible (the build might not work ) achievment for 1 crossgroup all the others have to put up with it? That's bad game design if you ask me.

I hope you realised by now, that I wouldn't mind the leveling process at all, as long as it's not required to SIMPLY test out a discipline.

31 minutes ago, Glitchhiker said:

So because it would devalue the possible (the build might not work ) achievment for 1 crossgroup all the others have to put up with it? That's bad game design if you ask me.

I hope you realised by now, that I wouldn't mind the leveling process at all, as long as it's not required to SIMPLY test out a discipline.

You do understand you won’t be able to just test discs right?  You will have to spend talents to unlock every aspect of the disc.  You will also have to farm every component of the the disc.  The whole system is about to get a lot more complicated. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, Glitchhiker said:

Perhaps they will put in some sort of re-spec mechanic if the demand is high enough.

I would personally not be at all opposed to one that was strictly on default vessels, that was in some way tied in necromancers.

Shadowbane didn’t have one for years and I think that was after JTC left.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 1/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

Perhaps they will put in some sort of re-spec mechanic if the demand is high enough.

I would personally not be at all opposed to one that was strictly on default vessels, that was in some way tied in necromancers.

Feels a bit punishing right now when you don't have much information on the effectiveness of discipline granted abilities. Some are broken, some might as well be for all the usefulness of having to need a player to be standing still just to hit with it, or a heal that barely moves the HP of a player. Hopefully this will be shored up and we will get some working formulas that will allow us to reasonable "plan" the range of skills at our disposal. 

Hope some dedicated programmers plan to maintain a tight database for all things Crowfall.

8 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Hope some dedicated programmers plan to maintain a tight database for all things Crowfall.

Have you met @Scree

wiDfyPp.png

With where the game is now, the player vessel will be the last account level anchor for player identity. With the risks of experimentation, material availability, and a manual crafting workflow vessels will offer a great core for player progression. 

Additionally, I am not worried about Necromancer's income coming solely from these vessels if they are equally needed for the production of thralls. (Would guards count as thralls? I hope.)

As an aside, I don't know if I would want to see anything close to a full respec, personally. But as far as disciplines go though, the shift to talents does create the need for some way to select different disciplines without throwing away an entire vessel. It would be way too flexible if you could redistribute the entire tree and/or promotion.

Edited by Lightsig

Why not just make each vessel type have a number of lives or times they can be ressurrected? It would mean that death was even more meaningful in the game, rather than just losing your items in your inventory and some durability on your gear? It would make people afraid of dying, which in a wargame like this is something that would be pretty good. Currently in any game there’s no fear of dying because you just respawn, but if you have a legendary vessel that has a likited number of lives then it would reward players who were exceptional at the game by letting them keep the vessels for immense amounts of time, while still keeping the necro economy thriving because people would die in every battle that’s fought. Someone has to win the fight. It also opens the possibility of armies or platoons surrendering in an attempt to keep their vessel’s life point counter in tact. 

Free could be five deaths, green could be seven, blue could be twelve, purple could be fifteen and orange could be 20 or 25 or something.

i’m no game balancing expert, but with the vision of the game that ACE are trying to build, having a permadeath system makes sense to me if they did it right. I could be wrong, but this is just my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Entron said:

Why not just make each vessel type have a number of lives or times they can be ressurrected?

For the same reason gear decay is no longer so heavily tied to death. It creates a slippery slope problem. The people who are losing die more, their vessels "decay" more, and they are forced to replace them more often, resulting in even more losing.

There is no need to have vessels decay. Multiple character slots, plus upgrades to better vessels, plus the need/desire for alternate builds, plus multiple accounts, plus a (hopefully) constant influx of new players who need vessels. There shouldn't ever be a time when vessels aren't needed.

Even someone who has all legendary vessels on his account will need more vessels at some point. Maybe the meta will change and they will want to do a different build. Or maybe they have other accounts that they want to gear up. Or maybe a new race or class is added to the game. Or maybe a new quality tier is added to the game. We have runic weapons. Why not runic vessels?

If lack of vessel decay ever becomes a problem, it is going to be far down the line. Necromancers can be given other things to make, if vessels aren't enough. I've suggested in the past that some pets could be crafted via necromancy. They could also do a pseudo-decay system for vessels where there isn't decay, but rather a weakening of the vessel, and some item crafted by necromancers is required to repair it. There are lots of ways to fix it without actually having vessels decay, should it ever come to that.

8 hours ago, Entron said:

Why not just make each vessel type have a number of lives or times they can be ressurrected? It would mean that death was even more meaningful in the game, rather than just losing your items in your inventory and some durability on your gear? It would make people afraid of dying, which in a wargame like this is something that would be pretty good. Currently in any game there’s no fear of dying because you just respawn, but if you have a legendary vessel that has a likited number of lives then it would reward players who were exceptional at the game by letting them keep the vessels for immense amounts of time, while still keeping the necro economy thriving because people would die in every battle that’s fought. Someone has to win the fight. It also opens the possibility of armies or platoons surrendering in an attempt to keep their vessel’s life point counter in tact. 

Free could be five deaths, green could be seven, blue could be twelve, purple could be fifteen and orange could be 20 or 25 or something.

i’m no game balancing expert, but with the vision of the game that ACE are trying to build, having a permadeath system makes sense to me if they did it right. I could be wrong, but this is just my opinion. 

Your entire char is tied to the vessel.  Your idea would require people to farm every one of their disciplines and subsequently get a rune crafter to make them, every time their vessel "died".  It would require them to relevel their chars to get the talents back and stats they spent after leveling.  It would require that you have to refarm the graves, minerals, philostone and then get a necromancer to make it.

We already have to do all of that when you want to upgrade from one quality to another but that wont be every week or every other week.  If we had to do that huge amount of work every other week bc our character died it would be a huge amount of work to play a game that already requires a large amount of work to play. 

wiDfyPp.png

Would be cool if there were more reasons to sacrifice a vessel, maybe to allow a chance to receive back some of your disciplines as well as xp on current vessel. Might help keep necromancy business going, with some incentive based against the availability of disciplines and your desire to respec.