Sign in to follow this  
Pann

Two live streams - Official discussion thread

Question: Any plans to balance gathering professions like Logging and Skinning, which do not have motherlodes, compared to Quarrying and Mining?

As it stands, the ROI on raw mats, rare materials, etc for motherlode harvesting with 4-5 people is higher per person than skinning and logging. Thus it's harder and more time consuming to get high quantity and rarity of hide and wood. 
In spring, we gathered hundreds of uncommon and rare Ore/Stone in a very short amount of time by group gathering, while the same time period skinning and logging will not result in nearly the same results.

Also somewhat related but not directly, is Leatherworking or Woodworking possibly being adjusted to require fewer materials to make up for these gathering discrepancies?
Right now, Blacksmithing can do most weapons, 2/3 of the armor classes, AND requires less raw material than Leatherworking per slot, for example.

Posted (edited)

Having your marketing person dictate which questions get answered is bad optics.   Having her do so so that we can't even hear the questions you're answering is even worse.

Zybak will at least ask some of the important questions, I guess.

And thanks Todd for giving us some good information up front.

Edited by Durenthal

28 minutes ago, Durenthal said:

Having your marketing person dictate which questions get answered is bad optics.   Having her do so so that we can't even hear the questions you're answering is even worse.

He's not wrong,  @jtoddcoleman @Pann

@Pann @jtoddcoleman any live streams are chaotic.  Can we have a better format?  Perhaps take questions from the the boards?  Zybeck made a forum post, reddit and asked in discord and it seems to have been very very popular.  Maybe you guys could a week before the next q/a make a post and field questions from there?  It's just so chaotic (and I contribute to that because I can't help but watch it burn) when the dev steam is trying to snipe decent questions and then JTC and Blair have to answer them on the spot and what we get are some soft answers about mechanics you can't tell us about yet and some non specific no prep ramblings.  It's always good to see the two lead devs but if we are getting less time I think the process could be streamlined so we get better answers. 

Also it wouldn't hurt to try and field some  of the harder questions instead of choosing easy ones.  Sac that amulet for Xp and level your question answering vessel.